View Poll Results: Which boy and girl name do you like the most?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Seren

4 30.77%
  • Aurora

3 23.08%
  • Jocelyn

3 23.08%
  • Liviana

1 7.69%
  • Melody

1 7.69%
  • Aldous

0 0%
  • Isaac

5 38.46%
  • Leon

3 23.08%
  • Pierce

1 7.69%
  • Hunter

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not so common names.

I'm having twins (one of each) and really like uncommon names and here's my list so far:

Girls:

Seren
    Aurora
    Jocelyn
    Persephone
    Liviana
    Leyla
    Meldoy

Boys:

Aldous
    Dawson
    Hunter
    Isaac
    Pierce
    Leon

Will be picking a first and middle name for each but really can't decide.

Any advice?

I've made a poll so please choose a boy and girl name you like above the rest.

Unfortunately I was unable to include Leyla, Persephone and Dawson as there were limited spaces on the poll so if one or both or any of them are your preferences let me know and I'll add that to my calculations at home. Thanks.
    Last edited by Makali; January 16th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

and expecting

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not a fan of names that kids will have to always 1. State their name, then 2. The person says, "excuse me?" And 3. They end up having to spell it for them.

Aldous? It means old. That wouldn't be my first pick. I like Dawson and Isaac. And Melody, Jocelyn
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Leon & Melody...though Dawson> Leon, now that I see that option. Dawson & Melody sound even better together, too. I love the name Jocelyn but ONLY for boys, not girls, and I prefer a different spelling.

I very much agree with NBP. Also not a fan of Aldous at all. And I dont approve of Persephone as a FN, but great MN choice (if first and last names are on the shorter side).
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 16th, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah well, it may educate a few people.

Thanks, Jocelyn and Isaac are awsome. The only problem I'd have with Melody is if people shortened it to 'Mel' ( me no likey!)

I chose Aldous, not so much for the meaning as I'm a fan of Aldous Huxley's literature.

and expecting

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do vote for the ones you prefer though.

I like Persephone because of the meaning and the sound Per-seff-a-nee (not the spelling, although rather sophisticated which I think is positive). Can be shortened to Seff, Seffy, or Percy. I'm aware it's not everyone's cup of tea but neither are so many other names out there.

and expecting

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm jotting down 2 votes for Dawson as well.. Thanks x

and expecting

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aldous named his son Matthew! I am not sure how it would "educate" people. When this comes up it strikes a cord with me because I am one of those that has had to spell one of my names and it gets old.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would educate in learning about and spelling names that are different for those who are open to it. It's not always a struggle for a child. Some people love their unusual names. Others say that any 'struggle' they may have had with them only helped them stengthen character and they wouldn't change their names for the world. I like unconventional names and would rather my child correct people than conform to mediocrity just to please complete strangers who would prefer everyone to be the same.

I'm sure there are loads of people who would disagree and have struggled with their names. There are also many who appreciate them. And my preference in no way takes away from the beauty of common names either. They're just not what I like.

My eldest daughter is called Maia (My-ah) and not only do we have to sometimes correct others' spelling but it can get annoying when people mispronounce it as May-ah or Mee-ah. She still loves her name though and so do I.

and expecting

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not believe names that are easier to spell are mediocre. That's very arrogant. Good luck with your decision!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok.

Cheers, you too. :-)

and expecting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast