Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl names- updated- Found our name!

Update- After going through every name site known to man, and still not finding one I truly loved, I sat down with a pen and paper and started putting letters down on paper that I liked the sounds of. I'm pretty obsessed with the 'ina' ending and the F/Ph sound is really attractive to me this time so I just started having fun. Felina popped into my head and I said out loud and it was the weirdest feeling! It was as if the baby said "YES" and it felt right instantly So, her name will be -removed
    Thank you for all you help and input it's much appreciated!!
    XO

My short list so far.....in order of best to least IMO(I like different names )

Rhoslyn (this was our chosen name and has been for nearly 4 years)
    Delphine
    Delphina
    Seraphine

Middle name will be Lilyanne (Lily for my deceased MIL and Anne for my mom)

I'm having issues with Rhoslyn for some reason. It feels like this baby doesn't want that name.....sounds strange, I know...but it's the truth. We will keep it on our list until after the baby is born and see what she looks like

Thanks for any thoughts!!
    J xo
    Last edited by DoulaMama; April 24th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Delphina and Seraphine flow much easier with Lillyanne, but all of the names here are beautiful

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love that you are using their names as her middle name. I think because Rhoslyn and Lilyanne both end in an 'n' sound is why they don't roll off the tongue as easily. However, I do really like the name, and think you mostly have to get the first and last names to sound right together as 99% of the time that is what is used.
    Great to see everything is going well with your little girl.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you both! If it helps my last name is 2 syllables and begins and ends with K.

Peony- I think you're absolutely right! I've said all 4 with my last name and it sounds fine so I guess I'm stuck on the sound of the first and middle going together. I also LOVE nicknames so I'm really drawn to certain names for that reason alone. Rhos isn't really my cup of tea and neither is Lyn, to be honest. Delphina has the best nickname so far- Fina I just love it! Heck...even if we chose Seraphine/Delphine we would still use Fina as a nickname. Thank you for your thoughts!!

Cinss....I'm feeling the same way Thank you!
    xo

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Delphina Lilyanne! What a unique name--and beautiful! All the names are beautiful, actually, but Delphina is my favorite.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How about Lilliana as a first name? I guess you could spell that any number of ways! Lilliana Rhoslyn?

You know I love the others too!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    I like Delphina Lilyanne! What a unique name--and beautiful! All the names are beautiful, actually, but Delphina is my favorite.
    This is my fave combo too!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that is a mouthful but love the use of family names. I would call her Rosie. You do not say the full name much after the day she is born.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lilyanne is a lovely name

It will be fun to see what she looks like and see what suits her, I'm sure whatever you decide will be beautiful!
    2007 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think that is a mouthful but love the use of family names. I would call her Rosie. You do not say the full name much after the day she is born.
    I really dislike Rosie as a nickname...I wish I liked it. If we name her Rhoslyn I'll most likely use her full name all the time. My third son is Harrison and I find that I use his full name more often than a nickname so it's not that big of a deal I guess. I just like having a sweet nickname that I can use
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    This is my fave combo too!
    Thanks Lola! I have to say that out of all the combinations, this is growing on me a lot. I like the sound of both together.

Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    How about Lilliana as a first name? I guess you could spell that any number of ways! Lilliana Rhoslyn?

You know I love the others too!
    Thanks Z I'm not fond of the 'anna' at the end of the name for some reason.
    Maybe it's because my MIL's full name was Lillian...and it's too close to her name, for me. I love the name Lilyanne but I would never use it as a first name as it seems to common to me. Ugh...this whole thing is so hard!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbermittens View Post
    Thank you Hobber! That's very sweet of you to say! It's becoming my favourite too!

Our beautiful is here!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast