Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, my real name is Lauren, which I love, and my nickname is Lola, which I also love....and believe it or not, I have only gotten the "showgirl" song a couple of times from drunk idiots in bars. My guy pals in childhood used to call me Lo, and since I was an athlete, it was kinda fun to have a girly nickname and be sort of a tomboy. I liked the irony. Anyway, I also vote for Lucia, I think that is super pretty! I have a friend that just named her girl Leisel, which is French.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Lila the best, unbelievebly cute!
    Layla is beautiful too, there is a wonderful song from Hari Varesanovic Lejla ( Leyla), here's the link, you'll love it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL0laMbtcxY ( just a little note: where I come from, Lejla is name reserved for Muslims, but I find it beautiful)
    I had a friend in high school who was Hungarian, her name was Leila (pronounced Ley-la), which is a variation of Layla(h).
    Meaning of the name is 'dark beauty' and it is of Arabic origin.
    Last edited by Zivic-Bubac; March 20th, 2011 at 04:58 PM.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

familiesr4ever
    I like Liberty and don't think of it as weird or out-there. Before I became a SAHM, I worked in a brokerage firm and one of the brokers had two daughter's one was Liberty and the other was named Lindzee. They were beautiful girls and when they got older(early/mid teens they would work for their dad in the summer. They were such sweet girls and I don't remember anyone shortening her name to Libby, but Libby is a cute nn for Liberty. Anyway, Liberty gets my vote and second pick is Laurel, I have always liked this name. GL

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like layla !

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really love Lucinda Liberty Layla and Lola and I love your other children's names any will suit good luck I always have name dilemmas.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Lexi(e), Laney, Lacey, Lynsey (many spellings), Lyla, Louisa, Lucy.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Layla

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another L name.... Liara, like Tiara. My sisters friend has a 3 year old name Liara and she has big hazel eyes and cruly light brown hair.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac♥ View Post
    I woke up this morning with the name Liberty in my head, no idea why. But I decided today that I needed more name options. So I'm going through 437 L girl names. Right now I'm thinking I only want to use Liberty if I deliver on the 4th of July, it seems too odd to use otherwise. Maybe I'm wrong, what does everyone think? But wouldn't the nickname for Liberty be Libby? And Libby and Lily (my DD3) sound way too similar. But why would I wake up with it in my head? I'm worried it would be made fun of too much though.

I like the name Layla, but there seems to be way too many spelling variations for my taste. I already have to spell all of my girls' names for people and our last name. Is that just the way it is now, that all names have more than one spelling variation so it has to be spelled out?

Three out of my 4 girls now have names that end in -e so I'm trying to avoid those. But I'm half-way considering -ette or -etta names, because I have one daughter with -enne and one with -elle. So maybe Lucetta, Loretta, or Lynette.

The names that were already on my list are Laney, Lauren, Lucia, Lovisa, and Lorelei (I'm thinking of taking the last 2 off though). I also kind of like Lena and Lucinda.

I showed my husband my orginal name list and asked him what he thought. As usual he didn't say anything. He never has any input until the end, and at least not until after the gender ultrasound.

So I guess for right now my list is Liberty, Layla, Lucetta, Loretta, Lynette, Laney, Lauren, Lucia, Lena, and Lucinda. What are everyone's thoughts and opinions?
    Just curious if you swayed with any of your girls?

I love Laella?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the L names Lynn and Loraine....
    SHIRLEY 33.5 years old with DS (2007) DS (2010) and in 2012

FSH 9.6, AMH 3
    HRC October 2011
    10/12/ ET 2XX HB A+, Blast B-