Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need thoughts on more L girl names.

I woke up this morning with the name Liberty in my head, no idea why. But I decided today that I needed more name options. So I'm going through 437 L girl names. Right now I'm thinking I only want to use Liberty if I deliver on the 4th of July, it seems too odd to use otherwise. Maybe I'm wrong, what does everyone think? But wouldn't the nickname for Liberty be Libby? And Libby and Lily (my DD3) sound way too similar. But why would I wake up with it in my head? I'm worried it would be made fun of too much though.

I like the name Layla, but there seems to be way too many spelling variations for my taste. I already have to spell all of my girls' names for people and our last name. Is that just the way it is now, that all names have more than one spelling variation so it has to be spelled out?

Three out of my 4 girls now have names that end in -e so I'm trying to avoid those. But I'm half-way considering -ette or -etta names, because I have one daughter with -enne and one with -elle. So maybe Lucetta, Loretta, or Lynette.

The names that were already on my list are Laney, Lauren, Lucia, Lovisa, and Lorelei (I'm thinking of taking the last 2 off though). I also kind of like Lena and Lucinda.

I showed my husband my orginal name list and asked him what he thought. As usual he didn't say anything. He never has any input until the end, and at least not until after the gender ultrasound.

So I guess for right now my list is Liberty, Layla, Lucetta, Loretta, Lynette, Laney, Lauren, Lucia, Lena, and Lucinda. What are everyone's thoughts and opinions?
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9531378

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Layla, spelled like that! I also like Lucia, Lauren third. I suppose Laney is quite nice too. Not too much help there from me but that is how I would cut it in half!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I agree with you on the top picks. Except I'm thinking of taking Lauren off, because of how it sounds with our last name. I'm really liking Laney the best today, Lucia second, and Layla third, and maybe I'll throw Lena in there for today. But all of the longer names just aren't rubbing me right for some reason.
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Liberty thing reminds me of the movie where the girl gives birth in walmart and names her Americus. Landry?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The Liberty thing reminds me of the movie where the girl gives birth in walmart and names her Americus. Landry?
    I love that movie, Where the Heart Is, but I hate the name Americus. LOL! At first I thought you put laundry, then when I read it right it sounded like a boy name, so I'm gonna have to pass on that one. :-)
    Mar 2003
    Dec 2004
    Aug 2006
    Jan 2009
    due Jul 2011

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I adore Lucia - unfortunately I had twin boys - so I ended up calling one of them Luca! However, I also had Liberty Grace on my list it sounded really good with our surname. My DH thought it was weird though. Laney is pretty but it makes me think of Laney from that Sex in the City episode about the girl who was famous for flashing her chest and the girls go to her baby shower! I quite like Lucinda too but I knew a mean girl in college called Lucinda so it never got onto my list. What about Lucy or Lucille?
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like Layla and Lena. Laney is nice but sounds like a nickname (e.g. for Alaina). My short list included Lila--love it! I'm not really a fan of liberty (though libby is nice)--but I actually don't like any names of that type (destiny, charity, chasity, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I vote Laney, cause it is similar to Lacey. I also like Lucy too.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Lainey, Lucy, Laina, Leia (Laya) or Lyla.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like Lily or Layla
    07 09 11
    Follicle Report
    12/13 ER 10 eggs, 6 mature 12/14 7 fertilized w/ ICSI 12/15 6 still growing
    12/18 Transfered 2 Hatching Blasts Transfered ,PGD Report
    12/23 5dp5dt BFN 12/24 bfp 12/25 bfp 12/27 9dp5dt beta 284.5 16dp5dt Beta 5394.8 2 sacs, but one disappeared !<BR>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast