Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Names for your DG

Hi Ladies,

i'm sure we all dream about the names for our DG? or is that just me? LOL

Anyway I thought it would be a good idea for a thread.

Mine are

Ruby
    Maisie
    Stella
    Sienna
    Eloise
    Lacey

and for another boy I like

Leo
    Finn/Flynn
    Harvey

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had the same name for my girl over 10 years - Sophia Cadence

I can't think of a name for a boy. It took FOREVER to find DS2 a name (we literally named him about a week before birth) b/c DH was so picky. I went through a zillion baby books reading all of the names out loud, and he would say, no, that one is someone I didn't like in high school, or no, you can make a bad nickname out of that, or no, those initials don't really make anything interesting AGH! It drove me crazy.

BTW DS2's name is William Emerson - we call him "Liam". My grandfather's name was William and my husband's middle name is Emerson. There was a lot of fighting before we finally landed on that name. (We made up, but it was tense LOL)

I want a girl more than anything, but if I do get a boy, I dread hearing the ultrasound confirmation less than trying to pick out a name!!

PS > I should add in here that my hubby is a programmer and he would want me to let you ALL know that his son's name spelled backwards is EMAIL and his initials are WEB - LOL
    Last edited by Ribbons; April 12th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sophia is a beautiful name but out for us as we have a niece called Sophie.

We had a lot of "discussion" about names as well. My DH won for DS1 so I wouldn't budge for DS2 and got what I wanted!

I used to think boys names were harder but now not so much. At least if we do have another boy I have a few names I love that I can use which will surely make the GD easier.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh the name game!!! I always change my mind!

I also love sophia but spelt Sofia.
    others are
    Dani
    Alexis/alexandra or lexi for short
    Mckenzie
    Kendyl
    Maleyah
    Breegan (bree)
    Kyrah/Kylah
    Jordyn
    Isabella
    Kaimyn
    Sienna
    Casey
    Miya
    Mia (pronounced Mee ahh)

For a boy
    Leighton
    Harrison
    Jayden
    Jaxon
    Koby
    Rylan

as you can see i have lots, could easily rattle off more than i love! but in saying that no matter what my next baby is i can almost guarantee their name wont be on this list as both my boys got names that werent even in our top 20! they just looked like a certain name that came to us after their birth
    Proud mummy to.. and also step mummy to
    Hoping to add a beautiful to the mix to complete our 2 families to one

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hoping this thread flourishes and gives me some ideas as I am pregnant with my DG. And I am stressing about the name already. DH likes common names and I like less common names, my stepkids have very popular names and there are always several other kids in their class with the same name and they hate it. Naming our twins was difficult. But at least there were two of them so we got to name one each!

I liked Matilda Mai for a long time but a friend called her daughter Poppy Matilda Mei about a year ago and I kind of went off it after that. I loved Lucia but we used the masculine version for one of our twins.

I like girly names like Charlotte but every 2nd girl seems to be called that. I like Arabella but DH thinks its 'prissy'. I like Alexa (Lexi) but Alex is the name of an old boyfriend and DH is not so keen for that reason!

My fav at the moment is Bohemia Grace. Of course DH thinks I have lost my mind as he knows no-one called Bohemia! Bo for short (which is a chinese name meaning precious). Or even Mia - though that's very common where we live.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I love the name Saskia for a girl, (haha obvious much?) and the alternative for Saskia is - well - Emmerson and the middle name Michele - after my mum.

My other boy name (*in case*) is Nash Keenan, Keenan being my mum's maiden name. So either way, the next kid is being named in some way after my mum..
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know of a Saskia and she gets called Sassy for short. Too cute!

You have good taste, I like all of your choices incl your current kids names.
    Different but not too out there IYKWIM

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't even started thinking of baby names. We find it so hard to agree on anything. If our first 2 were girls, they were going to be Sophie Marion, and Zoe Belle. I still love Belle (my dog's name is Bella!), but it feels like friends and family have now 'claimed' so many of the girl names I like. And if it is another boy, that is going to be even harder.
    We have DS1 Lucas James, and DS2 Toren Jordan. Lucas has become so popular now, but there are still not many Torens!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not going to think about girls names again until I know I'm having a girl. I had girls names picked for DS1 and DS2, DS1 was going to be Amelia, DS2 was going to be Alana. I've gone off both of those names now.
    I had a tough time picking boys names for both boys, especially DS2, but now I keep hearing lovely boys names everywhere I go. So for my next pregnancy I'm only going to pick a boys name, and then if I find out it's a girl I'll allow myself to think of girls names.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny but I have no idea how would I call my boy if I had one LOL
    +1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast