Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

3.5 weeks pregnant and weaning of baby aspirin

Hello there. So I only ended up taking BA for 2 weeks before I conceived. I had a little stomach sensitivity the second week and started weaning after ovulation. Since ovulation, I have taken it 4 times. I am 13 DPO. My midwife had me start a pregnancy tincture made from a bunch of herbs. I just want to be done with the BA but without risk. I just worry about miscarriage because I had one last cycle. Any thoughts?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on BA when I fell pregnant in September, I stopped it pretty suddenly and miscarried at 8 weeks, could this be why??? I was not aware that you should wean off t slowly.
    Mummy to 4 cheeky boys 1996 2008 2010 2011 and maybe just maybe ......... to bless us one day soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^I think it would be unlikely to be related that far out. I *think* basically the reason to wean is because BA thins the blood and stopping suddenly could cause very small clots in the blood and thus could potentially cause some issues in the very-newly developing placenta. Generally that would mean a very, very early loss.

As for weaning off, if you are taking it about one every three days I doubt stopping will have a great effect. You could wean to once a week for two weeks and then stop. But someone else might know more about weaning off than I do.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!