Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you ladies think... is it getting darker?

So long story short I had a DD here last Aug (that's right Aug 2013) and a couple of days ago got a surprise BFP. After a roller coaster of emotions I am hoping this BPF progression looks good and I think it is getting darker??

I think it is getting darker or doubling like it should?? I believe the first day (3/2) is 10/11 DPO. The first photo are all from FMU, the second photo from last night (3/5 pm) is showing how dark it is compared to a dollar store test. Any thoughts? My last progression seemed to get darker faster but then again I wasn't nearly as worried and an overall head case!! Please be honest... I am going to be stalking this thread for your comments!!

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely getting darker by the day! I bet the progression would be even more obvious with better tests, like FRERs. What brand are those blue strips? Do you know the miu/l sensitivity?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These are just the cheap internet tests on early-pregnancy-tests.com that were like 80 cents a piece. The sensitivity on these is 20 mIU. I am kind of disappointed with these because the line seems a little uneven. I ordered some last pregnancy from the same site and they were 10mIU and they seemed a lot better and more even. I might have to do a FRER tomorrow. I guess you get what you pay for. I voice in my head wants me to test constantly once a get a BFP so I would go broke doing FRER

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I wouldn't waste the money (or plastic) on FRERs, either. I just wanted to make sure you knew that cheap tests aren't great for showing progression. I bet your pregnancy is stronger than it seems, based on what I've heard about recent tests from EPT.

Congrats, btw!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting darker! Congrats!
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting... what did you hear or what have you read? I do think these are way weaker than the tests I had about 2 years ago. These seem about as good as the dollar store tests and the tests I had a year ago showed positive before FRER. I do have one more FRER from back then so I think I will use it tomorrow to compare.

This was the picture from a year ago

BFP Progression.jpg

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely darker! Good sign! Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They seem to be much weaker/less sensitive than they used to be, taking longer to show a line. So for example, your 10DPO line SHOULD look like your 12 or 13DPO looks, darker and clearer than it actually is. I have not used them personally but my friends had these issues just last week with recently purchased tests.

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So there is a IC 10mIU, and IC 20mIU, and a FRER all from today. With as dark as the FRER is I am thinking I am 18-19 DPO now. The good news that it does look like the HCG is doubling. Bad news is I am a little farther along that I thought and I had a couple of glasses of wine at about 11/12 DPO

IMG_2607.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast