Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I talk to you about my BFP?

There's nobody around to talk to and I feel like I'm going to explode

I'm pregnant after a miscarriage before I even had my next period.

I began my girl sway all over again last week and then found I was pregnant 4 days into this new sway

My last sway was awesome and I was gutted when I miscarried - I stopped LE diet and cardio when I got my other BFP, then miscarried, then it was the holidays and seemingly I conceived at New Years (which was not the plan, as I worked so so hard on swaying)

So total time off sway (eating boy style in a big way for the holidays) was 5/6 weeks up to conception or 7-8 weeks from first BFP to second BFP if you want to look at it that way.

I'm going to have another boy, aren't I?

If it's relevant, we only DTD once in this whole time, so at least we only did one attempt, we were super relaxed on a mini-break and drinking cocktails (but not tons), J&D and I *think* close to ovulation.
    However, our calories were through the roof (and I mean crazy through the roof) and I'd been a couch potato for 4-5 weeks

Although I'd lost around 22-24lbs last year, I put on 7lb in between the first BFP in late Nov and the miscarriage/new conception in late Dec, so my body obviously was getting lots of signs that food was in plentiful supply

I'm so happy to be pregnant as the miscarriage was so sad, but I'm gutted that I worked SO hard on my autumn sway and it didn't matter anyway

Anyone had a similar experience or want to chat? Any opinions very welcome x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well miscarriage sways girl by a lot and since you got pregnant with one attempt immediately after your miscarriage, I think you still have a really good chance at hearing girl! My best friend had 3 miscarriages last year (after conceiving her boys easily) and gave up swaying completely and even gained weight and had completely stopped exercising. They BD almost every day so she had 3 attempts in her fertile window. Well, she is currently 24 weeks pregnant with a girl!!! FX for you!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long were you on the LE before your first BFP? How long did you do cardio?

Congrats on the BFP! It sounds like we Oed around the same time.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the encouragement essnce

Maiden, I was on LE for around 13 weeks and before that I'd been on another diet for 3 months. I did 13 weeks of intense cardio at the same time as LE diet... but nothing since 1 December...
    did you get a BFP too?x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you have quite a good shot at a girl personally. I definitely think losses sway pink significantly.

I got a BFN when I tested 2 days ago...so probably not. I may test again tomorrow depending on my temp and symptoms. Otherwise I'll try to wait until 15DPO to test again. Since I had fertility drug injections I've no idea when to expect AF. I've had a lot of cramps though and I've never had them before when pregnant, plus my one attempt was badly timed so not too optimistic. I'd love to have a DD buddy though...

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on your pregnancy first!! Well I can only comment on my experience but I was swaying a good 6-8 months with definite cheats along the way. I had been TTC for over a year already and it wasn't happening so I basically stopped swaying, would do LE here and there and exercised here and there as well for about 3 months before I conceived and I had a few attempts (at least 2) in my fertile window and I finally ended up with my BFP and Harmony says its a girl!! So please don"t rule your self out. It sounds like you made significant changes and your body I am sure will recognize that. Good Luck and prayers for a sticky pink bean!!

7. Likes maidentomother, XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden I was getting BFNs two days ago! Got BFP last night... you're definitely in with a chance for a few more days yet

Thank you DJ - I have no idea how I'm going to get to late-April/early-May to find out... and that's even if it sticks. The waiting is torturous

9. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My one attempt was 6 hours AFTER I Oed... not very good odds. But maybe I had better eggs (4 released) so at least one lived longer than usual?

So you think you are 12dpo? I'm 11dpo, makes me want to test now arghhhh!

My Ovulation Chart

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think maybe 12dpo +/- a day as I don't actually have a LMP to work off, only the miscarriage which started on 17/18 Dec

Worth mentioning that yesterday morning I got BFN on internet cheapie and a strong BFP on FRER later the same day...

12. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many hours between your negative cheapie and BFP FRER? Was the cheapie a squinter or stark white?

Well I tested at 9dpo with a random German cheap strip, supposedly 20miu sensitivity (their OPKs are decent, so probably they aren't too bad) and a 10miu sensitivity SurePredict (the next best test after FRER) and neither had even an evap, completely stark white with no hint of a line wet or dry. Same urine.

I am a bad urine tester, I don't get positive OPKs etc. So just have to wait, sigh.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast