Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Ack -- what's going on?

Thought I'd post here since so many of you have so much experience.

I had a chemical just shy of 5 weeks recently. I was one day late of my period, got strong BFPs, shortly after began HEAVY bleeding, clotting, cramping. Still was popping pretty strong BFPs until I finally got a BFN, which would have been just shy of the 5w marker. I took a test a day for a few days after that, just to be sure. There *might* have been some evap lines on one of them, but otherwise pretty much BFNs.

It has been 9 days since then. I have taken occasional OPKs since then just to see if I do something wonky and ovulate early, since now I'm definitely trying to avoid the egg. They've all been negative.

I have still felt oddly symptomatic, and just to reassure myself, I took both an OPK and a HPT today. OPK is negative... but HPT is wildly positive. Like, super strong second pink link before 3 minutes are even up. I take another, from a different batch. Same thing. FRER -- super faint, but it's there. I took a ClearBlue and it says "Not Pregnant."

I had the same sort of weirdness with my first M/C at around 7 weeks, but all of that weirdness was BEFORE my bleeding. This is now after the bleeding by more than a week, and after several days of BFNs. I know HCG hormones can linger for awhile after a M/C, but this was a really early loss, and I had quite a few days of seemingly no detectable HCG?

Any insight? I think my only concern here is that when I look up a lot of these things, I get lots of "ectopic" results

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go in and have beta HCG drawn. If you're pregnant, it will show up and let you know what is going on.

Hang in there sweetie!!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One Last Pink Sway

My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ what she said.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys I called my midwife's office this morning, and the nurse said she'd get back to me about probably ordering blood work.

I just can't imagine how I could possibly still be pregnant. I know stranger things have happened to women, including atomic, but... that bleed was a no-messing-around-bleed. I thought it was worse, clottier and heavier than even my later miscarriage!

But eesh, ectopics need to be taken care of rather quickly, if this was what was happening. I've had such a low backache for the last day or two. All I keep thinking is how I can't end up hospitalized or have any issues; DD still won't take a bottle! I don't know if that's the most sensible thing to be thinking right now though, haha.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only way to know for sure is a blood test, I'm sorry because I know it's a giant pain in the ass.

My bleed with my twin that I lost was heavy, clotty, went on for 5 days, and had megacramps. (my normal period is light and 3 days long). It was also implanted on my cervix which probably contributed to it. I would have sworn on my children's lives it was a period. I had been having periods for like 28 years by that point LOL and it was as heavy a bleed as any I've ever had except for like the day or two after having a baby.

When my son was born they showed my the sac and there were two separate placentas attached to it. one was small and ratty, the other was big and normal looking. then there was a tiny hole between that the baby had passed through. so in my case it was pretty obvious that I actually had had a miscarriage so it looked like that for all intents and purposes.

I also know of some people on here who had large SCH that bled heavily but ended up with babies. Clots and the whole nine yards.

So, def. something to get checked out but don't jump to the least liekly conclusion just yet. FX
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Panther please let us know what your blood work says.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

8. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: Beta was negative. Midwife hypothesizes there might be a fibroid or some sort of cyst, as she said they can sometimes fudge with HCG after a pregnancy. So considering the fluctuating HCG has happened twice with early miscarriages, that could be the reason? She said an ultrasound just to look after my next cycle might be the best option.

So one more weirdness thing to add to the list But no ectopic she said based on the bloodwork (it would have had some HCG), so that's good!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good news!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you don't have an eptopic, although it must be frustrating to have to wait and wonder about a possible cyst. I hope everything comes back all clear.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

13. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you got an update and hope it all clears up for you soon! <3
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017