Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beta numbers - twin experience question

To preface, I'm 40, have 5 kiddos and am a fraternal twin.

And seriously I have felt very sick, very fast, and my pregnancy tests are darkening just woah fast. I know tons of people wonder if they have twins but I am legit wondering...

Beta #1 @ 10dpo: 108.5
    Beta #2 @ 12dpo: 277.8
    Beta #3 @ 14dpo: 756.4
    Doubling is every 1.4 days.

Beta #4 @ 22dpo (5w0d): 13,347.0

Photo is 8dpo, 9dpo, 10dpo and 11dpo tests.

Anyone with twin experience?
    I had a 15dpo beta with a surrogate baby and hers was 216 and she doubled every 1.6 days.

Last edited by Birthfree; March 23rd, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beta numbers - twin experience question

It is a good possibility. I was pregnant with twins this pregnancy and one appears to be vanishing. My first beta at 13dpo was 80, 16dpo 469, and 19dpo was 2,052. I had more drawn at 27dpo when I had mild spotting after sex. It was 15,382.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had the one lot of blood drawn with my twin pregnancy, and it was 170 at 15dpo. Your levels are certainly on the high side, but hcg levels aren't the best indicator of how many are in there. Will you be having an early scan? Best of luck with the pregnancy

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I know levels are not as important as how fast they double... generally speaking...

I will at 6w if I get there. Fingers crossed.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never had betas drawn with my DD, but I also had very early BFPs (8DPO for first BFP) that got dark very quickly and also had aversions and nausea very early. No twins, and I had an U/S at a little more than 6w that didn't show any evidence that there might have been one.

6. Likes Birthfree liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I never had betas drawn with my DD, but I also had very early BFPs (8DPO for first BFP) that got dark very quickly and also had aversions and nausea very early. No twins, and I had an U/S at a little more than 6w that didn't show any evidence that there might have been one.
    Have you had any other pg's besides the one with your DD? I tend to get very early hpt results (for all 5 of our kiddos) but the speed of darkening was abnormal for me. Doesn't mean much until I know one way or the other and I am sooooooo fine with any babies (I just want a baby!) so I won't be at all disappointed (at all!) if there's a single sticky little one.

Thanks for your reply!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Birthfree View Post
    Have you had any other pg's besides the one with your DD? I tend to get very early hpt results (for all 5 of our kiddos) but the speed of darkening was abnormal for me. Doesn't mean much until I know one way or the other and I am sooooooo fine with any babies (I just want a baby!) so I won't be at all disappointed (at all!) if there's a single sticky little one.

Thanks for your reply!
    Yes, I've had two other pregnancies that were pretty early losses. With the one I lost around 7 weeks, by the time I noticed I was probably pregnant and took tests, I was at least 6w so my lines were all normal, solid bfps. With my chemical pregnancy at 5w, I DID have pretty solid bfps even through the bleeding, and sporadic bfps for another week or two after -- I even kept testing in case I WAS dealing with twins and maybe a vanishing twin.

I have no increased chance for twins outside of breastfeeding, bordering on being tall, and I guess I eat a decent amount of yams/ground food. You have a lot more chances behind you for twins, so it's very possible. But your beta draws would be more an indicator than your BFPs, where the darkness doesn't actually indicate the corresponding beta levels so much as just hcg concentration (which can be affected by a lot of things).

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes for sure. I have a third beta today that should hopefully kind of sway either way. If doubling time falls, probably just one, if it sped up... maybe two.

The top value for 3w is 71, on the hcg results sheet (that you get from the lab) and even my 10dpo was well over that - but I'm more looking at the doubling anyways.

No real determining factor besides ultrasound, but that's a few weeks away.

I don't want it to be something like a molar pregnancy... that would be so sad. Blah.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen results all over the map and I don't think you should read anything into your betas. I've seen many people with high # that were pregnant with singles and people who ended up pregnant with twins with normal range numbers. Just isn't reliable enough.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    13,347.0 at 5w0d. I'm still thinking it's twins. Ultrasound next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast