Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

total shocker BFP

At the ancient age of 42, and after having a boy and an HT girl, I am now finding myself pregnant when I thought my late period and waves of heat were perimenopause. This board has been a source of tremendous knowledge about pregnancy and I'm wondering if anybody else has experiences with a surprise pregnancy so late in life? Was it viable? my FRER has a line consistent with a normal 19DPO line from my previous pregnancies, and I would be 19DPO today so the HCG appears in track but I just tested yesterday and after walking around shaking I have not retested with an FRER to see a progression. Any other experiences? I was blessed to have success with IVF at 36 with great numbers possibly assisted by a touch of PCOS, but after seeing the delicate process of embryonic development and implantation in the the nail-biting way you do when going through IVF this is a miracle that everything down there actually worked. Don't want to get my hopes up. Please share 40+ pregnancy knowledge?
    Last edited by lindi; April 14th, 2017 at 11:37 PM.
    and my HT

2. Likes TRL, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lindi, I'm 43 and pregnant with a whoopsi. I have 2 boys and a HT daughter (who I got through IVF with HRC at the wipe old age of 40!) and I'm due in a few weeks time. I have had a rocky road this pregnancy, but that has been due to various medical complications, but none of them age related. Apart from extreme exhaustion (it's crazy, like I just can not function and fall asleep if I sit down), that's the only difference to my previous pregnancies. My consultant says that at our age, we will throw out 1, possibly 2 eggs a year that would make a baby, so you do have a little miracle on board. The fact that your little bean has stuck in there and made a baby means it's a strong egg and a totally viable pregnancy- the age related/risky bit has hapened, so now it's over to your body to keep hold of it and I feel you're in a great place- if you think of IVF n stuff, it's the making the egg and it implanting that's the difficult bit at our age, but once that's successful, us ladies can have eggs implanted well into our 50s for our body to 'cook' the pregnancy. I guess you'll get extra monitoring (where in the world do you live?) because you are older, but other than that you should be able to enjoy a normal pregnancy. How exciting, a surprise baby!! Xxx

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Me - 40
    DH - 42

5yrs 2yrs (HRC 2014 HT Princess)

Cycle #1 HRC Oct 2013 - 21 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 11 fertilised, 10 to Day 5 aCGH (5 boys, 5 girls) = NT, only 1 normal XY

Cycle #2 HRC Jan 2014 - 32 eggs retrieved, 21 mature and fertilised, 19 to Day 5 aCGH (14 girls, 5 boys) = 4 normals (2 XX & 2XY) - transferred x1 HB - BFP (6dp 6dt) - Betas 280, 2160, 20736. 1 HB (128bpm) seen at 7 weeks.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! HT worked for you at 40 thats wonderful. Most of the 40+ pregnancy info I read comes from IVF statistics and how clinics won't even work with women over 42 unless they use donor eggs, but we are proof that it should not be an across the board policy and fertility can continue. I had my AMH tested out of curiosity at 40 and a half forgot the number and my OB said if I was a patient of his in their 30's trying to get pregnant he'd say it was a great number. But its true all of the knowledge you amass through HT makes it seem like that perfect storm for pregnancy would be insanely rare at this age.

And wow... 1 or 2 eggs a year....

I read I have 50% chance of miscarrying... I'm trying to look at this realistically and deal with the fact that it was not planned. I'm hesitant to dream about having the baby just thinking something HAS to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chattymonkey View Post
    Hi Lindi, I'm 43 and pregnant with a whoopsi. I have 2 boys and a HT daughter (who I got through IVF with HRC at the wipe old age of 40!) and I'm due in a few weeks time. I have had a rocky road this pregnancy, but that has been due to various medical complications, but none of them age related. Apart from extreme exhaustion (it's crazy, like I just can not function and fall asleep if I sit down), that's the only difference to my previous pregnancies. My consultant says that at our age, we will throw out 1, possibly 2 eggs a year that would make a baby, so you do have a little miracle on board. The fact that your little bean has stuck in there and made a baby means it's a strong egg and a totally viable pregnancy- the age related/risky bit has hapened, so now it's over to your body to keep hold of it and I feel you're in a great place- if you think of IVF n stuff, it's the making the egg and it implanting that's the difficult bit at our age, but once that's successful, us ladies can have eggs implanted well into our 50s for our body to 'cook' the pregnancy. I guess you'll get extra monitoring (where in the world do you live?) because you are older, but other than that you should be able to enjoy a normal pregnancy. How exciting, a surprise baby!! Xxx

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    and my HT

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG Lindi! What a shock! Keep us updated and I hope this is a sticky little bean!
    17 12 9 3 HT

6 Cycles and 2 FET in all to FINALLY have my
    May 2015- Did another fresh cycle to get a sister for my DD
    that ended with no normals:

Thank you Dr.P

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, lindi liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WHaaaa!!!! OMG lindi I'm so excited for you!!

I gave birth to my daughter at 42, got pregnant at 41. It was my easiest pregnancy and birth.

I don't find the progressions to be helpful (as the concentration in your urine day by day can vary) and it causes a lot of stress for people.

Sending you tons of sticky "old lady" baby dust!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes lindi liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindi View Post
    Wow! HT worked for you at 40 thats wonderful. Most of the 40+ pregnancy info I read comes from IVF statistics and how clinics won't even work with women over 42 unless they use donor eggs, but we are proof that it should not be an across the board policy and fertility can continue. I had my AMH tested out of curiosity at 40 and a half forgot the number and my OB said if I was a patient of his in their 30's trying to get pregnant he'd say it was a great number. But its true all of the knowledge you amass through HT makes it seem like that perfect storm for pregnancy would be insanely rare at this age.

And wow... 1 or 2 eggs a year....

I read I have 50% chance of miscarrying... I'm trying to look at this realistically and deal with the fact that it was not planned. I'm hesitant to dream about having the baby just thinking something HAS to go wrong.
    Every day, every time I went into the bathroom, I totally expected to be bleeding, losing the pregnancy. I just kept saying "stick with me baby, stick with me!" and then somehow, she did.

11. Likes XXforhubby, Mommy2apples, lindi liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still in total shock about this but having all the familiar pregnancy symptoms. Its weird not to be injecting progesterone into my bum! My OB did an ultrasound and could see yolk sac so dates all line up. But I had very bad varicose veins 6 years ago with my daughter and on ultrasound he could see some pretty serious issues with hat lloked like veins already quite distended in my pelvis so I'm worried this may be too hard on my body :/
    and my HT

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats. Three of my four pregnancies were in my 40's....41 and 43 naturally and 45 HT and all resulted in healthy babies. Pregnancies at 41 and 43 I totally sailed though - worked right up until the end (were elective c sections) and didn't even really feel that tired - obviously risks of Downs etc were initially sky high, but after 12 week scans and bloods, with no markers they came down. My Ob was great and said he was increasingly seeing more patients in their 40's and providing they were healthy no reason why baby couldn't go to term in the normal way. HT DD at 45 was a little harder, and I certainly was more tired and sooo much more paranoid that something would go wrong given what I'd been through to get her. Really good luck and enjoy x

15. Likes atomic sagebrush, lindi liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lindi, I found I had a rush of pain in my varicose veins at first and then they quickly settled down and were not an issue the rest of the pregnancy. Remember your body makes a huge rush of hormones at first and this has some strange effects but you can adjust over time. Good luck!

17. Likes lindi liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

total shocker BFP

Huge congrats Lindi with your miracle baby. I am also 42 and got pregnant naturally while swaying pink. I am due in two months and my pregnancy has been good and with no problems at all. I'm more exhausted and have more nausea this time, I guess because of my age and busy everyday life with full time job and 3 kids. You will be fine. Enjoy your pregnancy

Mother to 3 boys ❤️ and pregnant with a baby girl due in June 2017 . DW (41) DH (38)
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

19. Likes atomic sagebrush, lindi liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast