Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Anyone had experience with pregnancy symptoms way before af due?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced pregnancy symptoms from a few days after conception? I've read a whole lot of medical sites saying you shouldn't feel anything since the bean doesn't implant until 6-12 post ovulation. However, I have been feeling "different" since 2 days after ovulation. First of all it was just mild cramping very similar to OV pain but hasn't gone away completely since. The last few days I've been getting headaches, my boobs are tingling the way they do when your milk starts to come in and I've been feeling progressively nauseous, to the point I can't drink my morning coffee now as it's making it much worse.( and I love coffee) It's now Friday and I'm due af on Wednesday next week. I know it's too early but I couldn't help myself and did a FRER yesterday and got a BFN. I will test again closer to the time but I know my body and this is exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with DD and DS. I've read on other forums that some women know straight away whilst others are unaware until they're in labour, yet the medical people say it's not possible to feel anything that early, so what gives?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes we gave a cycle where hormone levels are higher post ovulation, making it more conducive to pregnancy. As a result we have more "symptoms." There was a study done on something called early pregnancy factor which scientists believe is a chemical released shortly after conception. You can read more about it here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9196793/
    I've been pregnant six times and the only consistent thing I've noticed in the few days after conceiving is that I tend to be way more crampy than cycles I didn't get pregnant. Like I said though I think it's just due to hormone levels being higher. I actually feel like overall I have less symptoms in non-pregnant cycles.

Edit: I meant to say I have more symptoms in non-pregnant cycles. Sorry I'm a little tired. lol
    Last edited by ksmom; November 10th, 2017 at 10:07 AM.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ksmom, that was a really interesting article. I very much enjoy reading studies regarding the human body. It has definitely felt different this month, still getting slight cramps as we speak. Normally I get slight cramps at ov and then proper cramping when af arrives but these ones started after ov and have been coming and going every couple of hours ever since. I guess time will tell but I shall remain hopeful that this will be a sticky pink bean.

5. Likes ksmom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is because in cycles when you're really hormone-y (that is an official word, LOL) you are more likely to conceive. So when you're actively TTC and noticing every little thing, these hormone-y cycles stand out and you notice symptoms that are from the higher levels of hormones, not pregnancy. Then when you get pregnant that cycle, it's because your hormone levels were nice and high indicating a good chance of conceiving. So people think back and recall the symptoms that started around O and assume it's because they were pregnant, but in a roundabout way it's because they had the symptoms that they even GOT pregnant, if that makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply. That's an interesting perspective. Haven't tested again yet and AF is due tomorrow, if that doesn't start I think I'm going to wait until the weekend before doing another HPT. Keeping my fingers crossed.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ