Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anatomy scan = unknown gender. Any experiences?

So our anatomy scan actually was so difficult because of baby's position that we'll have to go back in 2 weeks for other shots (full spine, cord, nasal bone, etc.).

I had wanted to be Team Green after a forever long blue sway, and was feeling almost blessed that baby was so stubborn as to not even show the goods to the tech (she said, "We usually look and tell you to look away to make sure anatomy isn't abnormal, but I actually have to put unknown down for you.") And we had also toyed with getting gender written in an envelope.

But now I've read that "you'd know it's a boy by anatomy scan" and that the obscured gender shots are often girls?! It's not the cord blocked anatomy for our baby -- baby was so crouched and tight in a corner tech couldn't even get full cord! But I'm feeling that it has to be a girl now after all of my Googling.

Any experiences with hidden anatomy, especially if it DID turn out to be a boy?

I know DH was actually thought to be a girl from his anatomy scan and surprised everyone at birth (except his mom, who "had a dream of a boy"), but that was in the early 80s so I always figured that was the technology :P

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes . Only with ONE of my babies we couldn't see gender at the anatomy scan, and that was DS2.

3 Blue 3 Pink

Hoping to try for #7 in 2019/2020
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    replying here TP instead of gatecrashing your due date group again i probably should have said in my post on your DD group that when the tech said DS3 was 99% a girl it wasnt due to cord or anything being in the way, she got what she thought was a really clear potty shot and said 99% girl then went on with the rest of the scan.. after some more scanning and baby moving about etc is when she suddenly kinda freaked out and went oh its a boy! so even with a seemingly "clear" shot she missed his bits!! if she hadnt of caught that second look at the area (presumably as he moved around) i would of been the lady who got told 99% girl at the scan and had a boy.
    i saw my midwife after that scan and she told me she had done a postnatal home visit for a family with a newborn baby boy and when she walked into the house it was a "sea of pink" as she put it.. they had been told girl so got everything ready in pink for "her" then had a boy!!

if the tech couldnt get near the area then baby absolutely could be a boy
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually know of several people who were told girl at 20 weeks (not only unknown! Actually girl!) who found out in the delivery room that the baby was a boy. Even within recent times. Happens a few times a year. These are perhaps obviously people who often end up with very severe GD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all. And I feel so badly for any of you and those people who thought they were getting their girl!

Still not letting myself get my hopes up -- which is easy considering how awful DH has been so I'm totally down in the dumps! Grateful that at least the stress of if I should at least ask for gender in an envelope was avoided!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck! A boy will be great but I think you are also considering a girl as a gift at this point. Don’t you??
    My kids (2012) (2014) (2015) HT (2017) and HT (2019)

Cycle #1 Genesis Nov/Dec 2016: 5 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 tested, 1 abnormal XX, 1 normal XX HBAA transferred BN
    Cycle #2 Genesis Feb/Mar 2017: 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 tested, 2 normal XX.
    FET #1 8/April/2017: HT DD1 Born 25/Dec/17
    FET #2 15/Feb/2019: HT DD2 Born 25/Oct/19

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Good luck! A boy will be great but I think you are also considering a girl as a gift at this point. Don’t you??
    No.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I am a sonographer at a high risk ob clinic. While I was still training there, I watched another sonographer scanning an entire anatomy scan. We weren't seeing a great potty shot either way- baby had legs pretty close together- but we were both leaning girl and she actually got an image that was pretty decent but not ready to call yet. (For us, it's not just the lines, but proving lines is labia and not part of cord,etc.) Literally as she was about to put the transducer down, about an hour after we started, out popped a super obvious penis. Baby totally fooled us both.

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post