Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nub and skull theory guesses

Hello, would love some guesses on my scan pic mainly just for fun! The gestation was put at 13 weeks though I think I was more like 12 weeks + 4 days going by my dates. What do you think? Can you see a nub or do you think it’s hidden behind the baby’s leg? I’m trying to work out whether the first pic shows the nub or if it’s the bone of the baby’s leg. During the scan I thought I saw a nub which looked kind of boyish but it was from a distance and couldn’t really see if it was properly or the baby’s position. The tech didn’t print that particular screen shot. I’m desperate for a girl, I have two gorgeous boys. I came away from the scan thinking it’s likely another boy but I’ve since been looking at these pics thinking maybe they look more like a girl. I do think the baby’s skull looks a bit rounder and the chin is daintier than the ultrasound pics of my boys. There’s probably a cheeky boy nub hiding behind the leg...Thanks! x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The problem with these shots is that the nub is not captured. The technician focused on the outer side of the baby and not the nub. The place where the nub would be is totally black in the top two and in the bottom one is obscured by some structure (too big for leg, I'm honestly not sure what that is, may be placenta or part of your body). They're also blurry, meaning the baby was in motion, making skull guesses really very unreliable (and they're unreliable to begin with.) and also rendering nubs unreliable even if there was one (my point being you can't go off anythign you saw since the baby was moving!)

I will say that one thing that was glaringly obviously different between my boys and my girl was that she had a much smaller chin and this was dramatically different, but I wouldn't take that to the bank of course.

Good luck, sorry I can't be of more help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for replying! I wasn’t sure if I could see the nub in the first pic (where there’s a sort of white blob near the baby’s bum) but I think it is probably the outside of the baby. The baby was really active during the scan as you can tell from the blurred photo. The printer must have been running out of ink or something too so the print outs aren’t very clear.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the baby was moving all around during the scan it's unlikely that anything you could have seen during the scan was going to be accurate anyway.

That blob on the first picture is probably PART of the nub, but we can't tell the angle of it without the REST of the nub. So it is not helpful to our purposes and in fact would be totally misleading were we try to guess on it.

It wouldn't have mattered about the ink anyway. The technician did not capture the nub on the screen. They can focus the wand in to various depths and they simply did not take a picture of the nub on any of these. Sorry, I wish I could be more help but there's just no way to know.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again! Yep it’s definitely not a good nub shot! Oh well, gives me a bit longer to get my head around everything before the 20 week scan!
    Last edited by Twobeautifulboys; June 11th, 2021 at 06:54 AM.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! We found out the sex of our baby the other day and the sonographer thinks we are having a little girl! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your help Atomic. We are so happy!! It means so much to me to have a daughter. Obviously I’m now freaking out that they got have got it wrong. I had my eyes closed when she checked the sex and the answer was written in an envelope so I have no idea what the area looked like. I actually thought I’d seen boy bits earlier during the scan so had convinced myself it was a boy! My husband did have his eyes open and says he didn’t see anything protruding but there was a ‘bulge’. My sway was not a very good one but my diet was completely different to when I conceived my boys and I think the fact it was a one time, unplanned, pull-out method baby while breastfeeding which was messing with my cycle might have swung it! There hasn’t been a girl on my husband’s side of the family for a long time so everyone is so pleased for a girl to be joining the family.

Thanks again for answering all my questions and providing us with so much information! So glad I found this website and I’ll be forever grateful. I can’t wait to meet our baby girl! X
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Twobeautifulboys; July 28th, 2021 at 06:14 AM.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!!! Diet and number of attempts actually IS a solid sway so I hope you fill out an "Add Your Sway" if you have the time. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ur-girl-sway-/

As for what you guys think you saw on the ultrasound, everyone expects girls to be smooth like Barbies but we ladies do have bits too! People often fear they're having a boy if they see ANYthing but girls have stuff that is visible, it's just different stuff, LOL.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will definitely try and fill one of those out! Thanks again X
    Last edited by Twobeautifulboys; July 28th, 2021 at 06:15 AM.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I finally got around to filling out the swaying form. I gave birth to our beautiful daughter on the 3rd December, on my birthday! We are so happy and our two boys love their sister I wanted to add some comments to the form and wasn’t sure whether I need to just add this all at the bottom section? If so I can re-do with the comments added.

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I honestly don't know, as I never actually filled one out. If you'd like, just go ahead and write your comments in the thread and I can then edit the post and add them without worrying about accidentally deleting the entire thing.

Huge congrats!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast