Blog Comments

here's another one that just seems like it cannot be random chance Northern Standard » Blog Archive » TEN CHILDREN UNDER TWELVE YEARS OLD AND COUNTING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adia
    Working with the newly preggers Jill Duggar would be some awesome real world research!!!
    Even if she wasn't swaying, I feel that the observation factor is actually MORE important. I would LOVE to do a study of these super large families because all it would take is just a demonstration that it is statistically unlikely to have a long run of boys and a long run of girls - and then if that same phenomenon occurs in family after family, it would disprove the "gender is a coin flip" paradigm once and for all.

I know I mentioned this before but my great-grandma had 6 g and then 2 b at the end, and I know a lady from InGender who had a boy, then 8 girls, then 2 boys. And not to mention these people The Arndt Family
    I love this!
    Working with the newly preggers Jill Duggar would be some awesome real world research!!!
    [QUOTE=coocoobananas;bt3484]Wouldn't it have been cool since she was planning on having tons of kids if you could try and test your theory's with her atomic? Like if she let you be her experiment?
    Her daughter just got married and I'm pretty sure she is taking as much as she was given...maybe you could contact her;)[/QUOTE]

YES, ATOMIC!! Please contact her daughter who just got married and is expecting her first! She said "she is going to have as many as God allows her." in this article I was just reading a few days ago. I would love to see you experiment with her. Who knows if if she would go for it though or if it would be playing God?
    Interesting observation. I was pondering this through my head how she ended up with both gender even after a streak of the same in a row without swaying. Maybe she was unknowing swaying as you pointed out. There were a few in there that may have been luck of the draw but for the most part it seemed there was unknown swaying going on. Interesting...Good job for pointing that out!
    [QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;bt3485]Haha coocoo I'd LOVE to do that because I'd like to arrange a marriage for one of my sons LOL - her daughters are so cute![/QUOTE]

Oh yes I personally think her daughters are very beautiful!
    Haha coocoo I'd LOVE to do that because I'd like to arrange a marriage for one of my sons LOL - her daughters are so cute!
    Wouldn't it have been cool since she was planning on having tons of kids if you could try and test your theory's with her atomic? Like if she let you be her experiment?
    Her daughter just got married and I'm pretty sure she is taking as much as she was given...maybe you could contact her;)
    It certainly is encouraging to see such strong trends in people who have not swayed but end up getting the gender based on the theory's of swaying on this forem. That, added to the scientific studies done that are not to do with swaying but back it up make me feel it is very possible for me to get a girl next even if I end up not being able to do PGD.
    I have a friend from a large family of girls and her husband is from a large family of boys and they are due with their first any day now. I can't wait to see what they get! I am trying to guess based on their life styles and I am leaning girl at this stage
    [QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;bt3477]love it! I always think, she has several runs of kids that are longer than most of us even HAVE kids - people tend to think "oh gosh I"m set for boys or girls" after 2 of the same gender - um NO! :)[/QUOTE]

I do think we can get "set" for a particular gender because we get set in our ways: a certain pattern of eating or exercise or even sex. A habit of stress and anxiety and worry, a drinking or smoking habit can set us up for a particular gender over and over again. But what this site has shown is that we can "reset" ourselves to favor conception of the other gender by changing our patterns and habits of diet and exercise, sex and even personality/way we respond to stress.
    So interesting, thanks for posting! I have never seen this show. Don't think it screened in NZ
    It's always interesting to see how balanced their family ended up being even with long stretches of just one sex.

My grandmother had BBGGBGBB--almost balanced and she started out with two boys, just like me. The shift toward smaller families is absolutely responsible for the pressure to get both sexes right away, in my opinion. It can be hard to figure out your own values: do I want the small family I envisioned or do I want a bigger family so I can try harder to get this experience I think will be meaningful? I often feel like my own values are in conflict with one another.
    Good read:)

Another interesting thing is 7 out of 9 girls were born October-January. The boys are more spread out through the "seasons".
    love it! I always think, she has several runs of kids that are longer than most of us even HAVE kids - people tend to think "oh gosh I"m set for boys or girls" after 2 of the same gender - um NO!
    'As long as I am just planning then my daughter can live on in my imagination'
    That is exactly how I felt before becoming pregnant with my last 2. In fact I was going to just keep living that way forever to get over it and never really have a 4th. But life threw me a curve ball, the ball I wanted but still very scary at first!
    People used to always say that 'well if you don't try, you'll never know' but you know how you'll feel if it's another boy and I have to tell you, each time only gets more painful. (Well until they are here for me at least!)
    But it can happen, I swear after 2, I was sure I would never have a girl but I did but definitely took a few flips to come up my way finally;)
    MY DH is the same about the embryo adoption thing. He was all for it at first because he thought I was talking about donor eggs and he would get to fertilise them. But once he fully understood it he said he does think it's a little extreme. Though he really wants one more bio child - boy or girl and after that he said he will seriously consider it. So here we go with swaying and fingers crossed it's our DGs :)
    I think if you really want a third baby, you should go for it. You won't know unless you take the shot. Good luck!
    [QUOTE=Luvmyboys;bt3460]I could have written this almost word for word! Especially the "can I really flip heads three times in a row?". It is hard. And my second had FTT so he wasn't eating or growing and I had a huge struggle his first year. I did however move on to enjoy the pregnancy after my cry after the ultrasound. It was actually an okay pregnancy for me and I did get excited. But, I know it would be pretty sad for me in #3 if it were another boy. I know I would love him to pieces too, but it's the missing daughter I long for. I actually like having boys, I just thought we would have had both.

How is your hubby coming along with the embryo adoption?[/QUOTE]

Embryo adoption is still something we discuss, he likes the idea of it being a sure thing (not that it will surely work but that iit would be a girl) but is kind of creeped out that there's another persons baby in me, lol.
    [QUOTE=covered in blue;bt3462]This is all so familiar to me! Brought tears to my eyes. I really do hope that you will get your girl this time![/QUOTE]

Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast