Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

At Last... Some Pink For My Family

Hi All

I just wanted to share some news. I am over the moon at the moment. My brother and his wife had a baby girl last week. She was born premie, so we have all been very worried of course, but she is doing very well and I get to meet her this weekend. I am so excited and I have been shopping for pink like crazy! This is my first niece and finally a first grand daughter for my Mom (hopefully I can add another in 2013).

I thought I would be insanely jealous when she was born, but I am not at all. I am not sure why? Maybe it is because she is so tiny that I think gender is the last thing from my family's mind. Sometimes I doubt my GD. I didn't get it at all with my DS3 but I think that is probably because I knew I was doing HT this time. I have belief that I will get my DD too and if we have girls within a year of each other, I will be so happy that my DD will have a girl cousin amongst all these boys. I probably won't be going back for a fifth baby/DD2 for her to have a sister.

Zib

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations Aunty. Happy pink shopping. You will be next! xoxo
    Australian couple
    Parents to :4:2: Working with Dr Potter at HRC for our HT :or
    Cycle #1 IVF in Australia (MIVF) 2010, ER 22, 18 fertilized, 6 survived to day 2, 1 TF = Chemical. 5 frozen day 2 - poor quality
    Cycle #2 Aug 12 Dr Potter at HRC. ER 13, 10 mature, 9 fertilized, 8 to Day 3 PGD, 1 normal XX TF= BFN.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...e-hrc-bfn.html
    Sperm frozen at HRC so I can cycle alone next time
    Cycle #3 December 12 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose Lupron flare with GH. Preparation 12 weeks DHEA, acupuncture, chinese herbs, Metformin and extreme low carb diet. 11 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 to day 5 Natera, both XY HB. NT :-(
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/cycl...ansfer-28.html
    Cycle #4March 13 Dr Potter HRC. Micro dose lupron Flare with Follistim 450iu & Menopur 300iu & Saizen GH. Continued acupuncture, chinese herbs, low carb diet, Metformin and DHEA. Added fertility yoga. 31 Eggs, 24 Mature, 18 fertilized, 10 to day 5 aCGH, 4 normal Hatched Blasts- 3 XY and 1 XX. TF day 6 fully HB. 7dpd6t BFP.
    Betas 7dpd6t = 134, 10dpd6t= 432, 12dpd6t = 713, 15dpd6t 2000
    Ultrasound planned 15th April

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to your brother and sil. How premie was she? Hope she's doing ok.

My sister and I were pregnant at the same time in 2009 - her with 1st me with 6th. I found out at 32 weeks (after 5 scans couldn't see gender lol) that I was having a boy (my 6th boy). She never found out. 5 days after I had DS6 she called to say she had had the baby, and paused, then softly said "it's a girl" I was so lost in the moment that I dropped the phone, grabbed the car keys and my 5 day old bubba and raced out the door to the hospital, yelling out to hubby to bath the kids cause I had to make it before visiting hours finished! I never really thought about the whole GD thing. Fast forward to this year, she is pregnant (due 21st Aug) and when she found out it was another little girl, I cried for days. I just couldn't understand how it was "fair". I am wondering how I will feel when I meet her for the first time. Trying to stay positive.

Good luck with your pink dream and enjoy your niece on the weekend xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ohboy - she was probably hoping for a boy so is probably also upset and suffering GD too so whilst she has 2 gorgeous daughters u can be safe in the knowledge that you have the son mum relationship that she hasnt ..... i know that sounds horrible but just try and take positives from it all. One day it may be your turn and if its not then atleast you have 2 gorgeous nieces to soil rotten and then possibly several grand kids :-)
    se ding you hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feared that I would feel some GD, but I didn't, so oh boy when she arrives you may be really surprised about how good you feel about it. I think Mum23boys is right too. While you envy her she is probably envying you. When I asked my sis in law jokingly what her recipe was for a girl she asked me jokingly what my oven settings were to cook mine so well and we had a laugh. She would have given anything to have her bub at term which is something I have done three times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is 26 weeks and less than 2 lbs but is doing very well.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on the birth of your little niece and great to hear things are going well

Thank you Atomic and gender dreaming!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately there is no happy ending to our story. Our beautiful girl passed away yesterday. We are all devastated. We were so excited about her arrival, she made such great progress and we were so sure she would be coming home in no time. But she didn't make it. She lived for such a short time and never got to leave the NICU. She never got to see the sky or see an animal. We are just thankful that she was able to be held in her Mum's arms for about an hour before passing away. We hope that she has gone to a better place.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Zib, so so sorry to hear that is so sad for all of your family and indeed your brother and sister in law. That just isnt fair! May she be a little pink angel looking over her future siblings and cousins

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by willtherebe4 View Post
    May she be a little pink angel looking over her future siblings and cousins
    We like to think of her that way. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast