Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long did you stay in hospital after delivery?

Here they let you go after 24-48 hours if everything is OK with mom and the baby.
    If there's a problem ( most of the time it's baby's jaundice) you and baby stay for 4-5 days.

I'm not sure when it comes to C-section, but I think they keep mom and the baby for 7 days.

The thing is , it feels too soon for me, being released after 24-48 hours. I'm total mess after delivery and all I want to do is to be left alone for few days ( which works for that 1 day while I'm in).

I'm also pretty much useless for the first week or so, I have a feeling someone took out all the strength from my body ( and I even know who ) and I need more time to recover.

How soon are you your old self? Maybe I'm cranky Idk. My mom says when she was having babies ( during 70's) they were keeping moms and babies for 7 days just in case and C-sections for 14 days.

And q for brave home birthing moms: how soon are you on your feet and feel capable to take care of your family?
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm usually home within 24hrs spend thev1st week going from hyper happy to tearful with a few bouts of uncontrollable shaking in between. I usually feel human again after about a month when people stop gorping at me and stopping me in the street then I can just enjoy things at my own pacec again. Ive no help at home so chores and cooking are pretty much strsight away but I'm quite happy with a bit of mess and a take-out or 6 lol

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We get 48 hours with a vaginal brith and 4 days for a C section here. That's what insurance generally is required to pay for.

I had PPD after DS and he WAS my DG! It was hard and he was very difficult. It took months and hiring some help to help me get past the sadness and exhaustion.

For DD3, she was an angel baby and we all jumped right back in to our daily lives. It wasn't hard.

So, hormones can be very powerful. I should have asked for help and gotten a prescription early on after DS. I just didn't realize what was happening and all I could think was what was wrong with me because I got my DG and I'm down in the dumps!

I hope you get into a routine soon. A little organization always makes me feel better.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ELP View Post
    I usually feel human again after about a month :
    you are so right, I don't even feel like a human now I'm nursing, milk- leaking machine with HUGE hormonal disbalance lol!

This baby had a really bad timing, since she was born on Sept 1st ( Saturday) and girls were starting school on Monday, Sept.3rd, the same day I was out of the hospital. Do I need to say more? lol!

ELP huni, I truly admire you, how you manage to take care of a newborn and 8 other kids. I'm overwhelmed with 3
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post

So, hormones can be very powerful.
    Tell me about it....lol! I can't wait to get into routine. This baby is cooperative so far ( maybe it's too early for the conclusions) she bf and sleeps most of the time. DD1 was my horror baby
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in Norway they like you to stay in at least 3 days, infact with both my boys I was ready to leave by day 3 (I needed normal food and my own bed again lol!) and I felt like I had to really persuade them to let me go home! That was despite two normal and simple births. They say it is because they feel it is important you have time to rest and get to know your new baby before you go home and get bombarded with visitors and everyday jobs etc.
    I have to say I think it is really nice, I would prefer that to being expected to leave a few hours after giving birth. x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We get 2 days for vaginal birth and 4 days for c-sections. It usually takes me a month to get back to my old self, I was so exhausted with DD1 I don't remember much and DD2 I would just sit on the couch and cry all day, after a month it seemed like things started to get a little better, my hormones weren't so crazy and I started to get the kids on a routine and it helped my sanity

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mummypink View Post
    They say it is because they feel it is important you have time to rest and get to know your new baby before you go home and get bombarded with visitors and everyday jobs etc.
    I
    Completely makes sense to me
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    you are so right, I don't even feel like a human now I'm nursing, milk- leaking machine with HUGE hormonal disbalance lol!

This baby had a really bad timing, since she was born on Sept 1st ( Saturday) and girls were starting school on Monday, Sept.3rd, the same day I was out of the hospital. Do I need to say more? lol!

ELP huni, I truly admire you, how you manage to take care of a newborn and 8 other kids. I'm overwhelmed with 3
    Oh don't lol!!! My dc5 was born Sep 3rd, I took the older 2 to school fine, then near picking up time about 2.30pm I had a lttle nap. I woke up late with a massive sugar/hormone crash, went into the kitchen crammed all the kids red starburst sweets into my mouth some still with bits of paper on, threw the little ones in the pushchair, got to the narrow school gate as all the other mums were coming the other way and all started to coo into the pushchair so blocking me even further, I then proceeded to start shaking even more and burst into f'ing tears how embarassing!!!!! To make it worse this one mother and gran decided I wasnt coping and started trying to push my pushchair for me daily as if I was an invalid

No matter how many kids you have, the 1st few weeks are strange to say the least!!!! xxx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With 2 boys already I was up and about on the school run the day after my homebirth - my family are not close by so it meant i HAD to get up and do everything. Im hoping to plan the next baby so its the school holidays so i dont need to do school runs etc but then thinking about it i might be better off getting someone to take them each day for me so i can be alone ith the new one from 9-3 ..... decisions decisions.
    I think everyone will be different. If you think u will struggle tell the hospital - if they have space they will let you stay - they wont send home a mum who doesnt feel ready and confident. If they do send you home can someone not look after the other children so u can take a few days bed rest ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast