Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To get a double stroller or not?

I am needing to get a new stroller once we have a new baby. IF I get pregnant over the next couple of months my youngest will be 3 years old when the new baby is born. So I am debating whether I would need a double stroller for him and the new baby. Or do you think a single stroller will be fine? What do you all think? What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't, those things are beasts. Can't maneuver them in tight spaces and bulky even when folded up. Bleh.

My vote is to sling the newborn and have an umbrella for the older kid. I LOOOOOVE my slings, so easy and convenient - both hands are free and nursing is so easy. With each kid we have I find myself toting less and less stuff anyways because I just don't want to lug more than the bare minimum.

Never had a double stroller when DS3 was a baby, just plunked him in the sling and took along a lightweight umbrella for DS2. Extra benefit is that the baby is snuggled up against you and is usually sleeping or really content because he's so close to your heartbeat. (And boobs! LOL!)
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DD will be 3 and a half when the next bub is due. I am going to wait and see if i will need one first, my DD doesnt really like going in the pram anymore anyway, so i think i will get away with just the stroller we have already. You can also get those attachments that go onto a stroller where the older child stands, its like a board with wheels on it, that would be a lot cheaper than a whole new double stroller.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a tandem one for ds1 and ds2 because there is only 17 month between them, my youngest is 3 now and he barely uses the pushchair so I wouldn't think a double/ tandem would be necessary for you.

I'm actually selling mine at the moment as I know I won't need it when the next baby comes along, we have a baby bjorn carrier so on the odd occasion a pushchair may be a good idea for ds2 I can just put the baby in the bjorn carrier. x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used a buggy board for the older one and had baby in the stroller ( a maclaren techno xt that reclined to birth stage ) and if little man got tired on his buggy board i had the sling underneath in the basket and would put baby in that and let little man have a go in the buggy though depending what pram buggy you get they do do buggy boards that can be sat on too !! I really wouldnt waste your money on a double as in no time at all he will be in nursery most of the time then wanting to walk everywhere anyway or riding his boke / scooter - i have one and i only use it for my work purposes my 3 year old scoots everywhere or goes on the buggy board.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just bought a baby jogger city select. It can be used as a single stroller or a double. I never had a double pram with my older two boys (two years apart). We seemed to make do with a single pram and a baby sling/carrier. It kept my hands free too. But these days I tend to be out and about more. DS3 will be about 2 when DD comes along. The baby jogger pram is versatile. I intend to use it as a single stroller when DS3 wants to walk around. But when he is tired or I know I am going to be out all day, I can clip on the extra seat.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan on just using the stroller we have now and a sling for baby.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a phil and teds when ds2 was about a month old as ds1 ran off in a shop and it frightened the life out of me but there's only 22 months between them. Ds3 will be just 3 when this one comes along and if I didn't already have the phil and teds I wouldn't get one now.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend has a bugaboo donkey stroller. You can use it for twins, kids of different ages and if you like you can also use it as a single stroller. You can also click on a buggyboard.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ds2 is 3 yrs and 4 months old and he doesn't use a stroller anymore. I have a tandem one I used for when he was first born as there was only 17months between ds1 and ds2. We used it for the first year but hardly ever again so I'm selling it now.

For the odd occasion I may need to have ds2 in a pushchair I'm planning on just putting the baby in a baby sling/ carrier. A buggy board is another option. x
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast