Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer 1 Week Mat Leave Story

Was reading a story about Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer saying that she is planning to go back to work when her baby is a week old. The controversy around this is really mind boggling. Most of the comments after this article were super vicious, things like "she doesn't deserve the gift of a child" and calling her an "incubator, not a real mother". Wow. And most of the comments were from other women. So sad. Why are so many women so vicious and judgmental towards each other? Don't we want to be free to make our own choices, whatever they may be? Don't we want our daughters to be free to choose to pursue a career or to stay home with the kids or whatever makes them happy without that kind of reaction from society??? If this story was about a man CEO, no one would think anything of it. I guess we're not really that equal after all.
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a total double standard.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The double standard does digust me. I absolutely hate it when women have a go at another woman and her choices. Who cares if she wants to go back to work? Her decision, not theirs!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.