Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Compulsive Over-buyer

That's me. I go way beyond what my kids have on their lists for Santa. I do it because that is what my mom did for us. There was always other stuff that wasn't on our lists.

The stupid thing is, I don't get the credit. Santa gets all the thanks. Yet, here I am at the last hour and I have done it again. I think Santa is going to take a back seat and I am going to actually wrap up some of them(santa doesn't wrap here) and put FROM MOM on them all!

I don't have the time to do returns
    Site Owner

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is SO me I buy presents all year long (overkill) and never really label anything--it's all from Santa! Ah, well--for our family, Santa is more the giving than an actual person (if that even makes sense hehe) so I feel better knowing they'll figure it out one day
    Mom to 5 amazing boys with a girl due end of March/early April 2011!
    :formerly wingless:

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do the same. Every year I tell myself I am not going to,but I do. I just love seeing their little faces light up when they see their gifts!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My parents were the same way, and yah we buy way too much for Christmas. Both me and DH go overboard because we're like kids watching DS be like a kid. But I think we decided next year (and after) to scale it back, and just get a few things.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the first year I've been really good about being scaled back. Both boys are "only" getting about 10 gifts each. (though one of those gifts is a Nintendo DSi XL)

My Dh is the worst. Money is tight right now, so all I want is practical things and he went a bought me a Flip video camera...I just know he did, the little bugger.
    ~ Mom to 9 yo DS, 6 yo DS and 15 month old DD
    My Blog about raising my challenging children: http://www.wereswimminginalphabetsoup.blogspot.com

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by snakesnsnails View Post
    This is the first year I've been really good about being scaled back. Both boys are "only" getting about 10 gifts each. (though one of those gifts is a Nintendo DSi XL)

My Dh is the worst. Money is tight right now, so all I want is practical things and he went a bought me a Flip video camera...I just know he did, the little bugger.
    That flip will be so handy though! Good for you! What is a DSi XL? I know DSi but not XL.
    Site Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DSi XL is a bigger screen, probably a bunch of other features my 8 year old could explain.

CocoChanel
    I went over-board only because I like to keep it even between the 4 boys. So I will see something for one boy, then have to buy 3 additional things for the other boys to even the score. It is crazy. The only way to stop the insanity, is to not enter another store until Christmas is over. It didn't help that things seemed very expensive to me for some reason this year. The cheapest, plasticy toys were so incredibly overpriced. So, then, you have to go for the big stuff. Times that by 4, and it adds up. Fast.

I've learned my lesson and will shop earlier next year.

I am going to have to give Santa the credit. I don't have the time/energy/patience/wrappingpaper/inspiration/motivation to sit down and tackle the pile. At times like Christmas, 4 kids really hits home...wow, is all I gotta say.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Janed View Post
    That flip will be so handy though! Good for you! What is a DSi XL? I know DSi but not XL.
    Yah I agree, I've only just seen this thing a few weeks ago, but man it looks cool! I would love to have that then my old, crappy, clunky, sony handycam.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ----
    Last edited by Chloe; January 15th, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast