Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much ladies. I really appreicate you taking the time to tell your stories. It really does make me feel better.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad you got opposite answers to your question then mine! I just know people are going to think I'm nuts going for number 5 but it was hard on me growing up without a sister. But I'm very glad that people have different experiences because if number 5 and 6 are boys...then my DD will not be having a sister close in age! I will be 25 in 3 weeks.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hated my brother and have only really become close to him in recent years, my other brother i never really spent anytime with growing up (same dad). But then i was never close to my mom either like my brother was. I always wanted a sister and someone to be close with, although this disappeared as i am now close with my mom and i have my brothers girl friend who i really get on with.

I did have a best friend who was like a sister to me and she spent a lot of time with my family. I think girls will bond with any close female and a good friend can fill that bond. She will be closer to some of her brothers than others (personality dependant) and i have friends with older brothers and they are really close but mine are younger so that gap was hard.

Ava will be ok and will grow with the family she has never knowing any different, it's you that i'd be more worried about xxxxx
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Mrs. P...you are a very wise woman. I need to get over this. I think seeing my new baby boy will help this go away. And these hormones...ENOUGH ALREADY!!! lol
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have 1 brother. I'm glad I didn't have a sister growing up- because I liked being the only girl. However- now as an adult- I really, really wish I had one......for a number of reasons.
    2007 2009
    Newest little dude due May 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am VERY close to my brother who is 3 years older than me. I thank my lucky stars every single day for this man. We were not always close as adults but since my sister passed away, he has really stepped up to the plate and showed me the importance of the sibling bond, whether it be brother OR sister.

Growing up, I was the girliest girl you could EVER imagine...but if it was not for my brother, who shared with me all his passions (Star Wars, Tolkien ETC!), forced me to play chess, Battleship, marbles, all the boy cartoons, go carts....ALLLLLL the boy stuff, I would of done nothing but comb Barbies hair and change her outfits...seriously! Now, as a mom of 4 boys, I am so greatful to him for showing me all about boy toys and to appreciate them. We still both have a passion for boy toys..lol. My sister had her own interests and quite honestly, I played alot more with my brother than my sister.

Your daughter is lucky girl!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two older brothers and I always wanted my family to be the same way. I loved having two older brothers and never wanted a sister and I wouldn't have it any other way. I always thought I was lucky because I learned so much about men and they always protected me and still do. My dh was one of my brothers best friends and is now best buds with both of them. It's actually quite wonderful and now I have my sister in law as my best friend and sister. My point is that I loved having two older brothers so much that I'm praying my third will be A daughter and she will have the same joy I did.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 younger brothers and I wish every day that I had a sister!
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an older brother and eventhough I was a girlie girl, he would always want me to play with boy toys and I would do that too. I never wanted a sister, I wanted a younger sibling because I hated being the youngest. But being a child I didn't realise that someone has to be the youngest.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I adore my brothers. I don't have a sister and can honestly say that I have never thought twice about wanting one or that it would be "better" if I had a sister. My mom says when she was expecting my youngest brother that I "wanted" a girl. But I adored him as a baby (I was 6.5 when he was born) and our relationship is great. He is such an amazing person and watching him and my other brother have this fun, rough, close relationship actually makes my heart so happy. My brother (middle) NEEDED a brother. They are so good for each other.

But me, I am independent and never felt like I needed a sister in my life. I am very close to my mom and sometimes think I wouldn't want to share her with a sister. We are partners in crime. I think our family worked out just how it needed to be. Me and my brothers are all so different and we really enjoy each others company and variety of opinions. I don't know how it feels to have a sister, but I don't know that it could be "better" than what I have now.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast