Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 brothers and am 9 years older than the youngest. I adored him growing up and he is the reason I always wanted a son. I still feel very protective and close to him (well both of them actually). I have also bonded with their girlfriends in the past.

I have a lot of female friends who are very close to their sister in laws.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a brother very close in age and a sister who is 6 yrs younger. So even though I have a sister, I grew up with my brother (she was a bit left out poor thing). I loved having a brother to share everything with, we did everything together, bed time, bath time, we played house, played outside, climbed in trees, were friends all through adolesence, we always shared (some) friends, even as teenagers. So he was my peer growing up. My sister became my friend once I was an adult, so even if I have the sister bond now, it was my brother who I grew up with. I am still close to my brother. Remember than your daughter will have 4 sister-in-laws to bond with and do girly things with, in addition to having her mom all to herself and girlfriends to grow up with! Make sure she has sleepovers with friends and cousins if she has any, so she can get some of the girly-time in. My mother isn't bothered with a mother-daughter relationship and has two daughters, so for me it sounds great to have a proper mother-daughter relationship, something I might (probably) never have, but you will.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't miss what you don't know! That's what I think anyway. You are just thinking of your own experience. I have 2 brothers, younger than me. Sure I wanted a sister growing up but you don't have sibling disappointment or anything like that. And you are close with cousins and friends. TBH I liked being the princess of the family and bossing my brothers and parents around.

on her way in 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three older brothers and it was/is hell.... I think it will all depend on how u raise them I don't think my parents set good values in our family cause I'm really the only one that has them! One thing I would make sure that she is ver open to you and comfortable to talk to you my one brother did unimaginal things to me!
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a brother 3 years younger than me. We weren't very close growing up but now as adults we are.

5 failed MS IUI/IVF cycles

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two older brothers and I *never* wanted a sister. I couldn't imagine anything worse! I had my own room and space, no one ever tried to borrow my clothing...

I wasn't close with my brothers ( still not) but I never craved a sister. And now that I'm grown and married and so forth, I've never felt a yearning for a sister, either.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm the oldest and have 2 younger brothers. When I was growing up I always wanted a sister and even now I wish I had a sister. I think it's my own feelings that are making me want to give my son a brother. Plus he keeps asking for a brother.
    Another reason I feel I want a sister is because I have no close females in my life. My mum died when I was 13. My MIL is also passed ( she died when DH was young) I don't have any close female friends either. Maybe thats why I really wish I had a sister.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, thank you again for your posts. I really appreciate them. I'm feeling much better about my dd not having a sister. And if I start feeling sad again I have your posts to pick me up. You guys are great!!!
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123