Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I hear from ladies who only have brothers...

Just wondering how life was growing up with all brothers. My dd is going to have 4 of them. I only had 1 sister so I've never had this eperience. My dd is 3 and very outgoing. I tried so hard to give her a sister. In the end she is getting 4 great brothers, but I worry as she gets older that she'll always long for a sister. Thanks ladies.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh my gosh your going to hate my answer. I have two older brothers. As adults we are very close, but growing up I craved a sister. I asked my parents for one when I was younger (my mom was 40 wen she had me) I still want one TBH. I am going to be TTC #5 soon and am swaying for a girl. If its a boy, we will try for #6 in a couple years. It's very important to me.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son will have 3 sisters and no brother. He will make friends, have lots of play dates and sleepovers and he has his dad just like she has you.

She will be fine. Just because you have a sister, it doesn't guarantee any kind of bond. At 4 years older, they would be light years apart growing up in regards to maturity and interests anyway.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I ask how old you are?
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NBP...I was hoping you'd chime in. I needed to hear from you today. Thank you. Having one of those days.
    (9) (6) (5) (3) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3men I have two brothers both older. Growing up I played wrestling and sock bombs and fortress with them. I had friends and I never really wanted a sister. Even as I got older I just made my friends my sisters. My brothers and I are very close and my oldest brother and I are the closest. I wouldn't trade them for a sister if someone paid me to.
    Mommy to a darling 2 year old
    Expecting a in June 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have 2 brothers, one stepsister that i gained later in life that i rarely see, but i grew up as a huge tom boy, i hung out with my brothers and looked up to them and their friends. When i grew up i was girlier and my bro and his friends all protected me

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only had 1 older brother and i didn't know any different, i did want my mum to have another baby so i could play with a younger sibling but she wouldnt so i got a baby doll that kind of almost filled the spot, and i always had a dog too which was probably just as good as a sibling. Our son is going to have 3 older sisters, and we wont consider swaying again for a brother, i think they will be fine, being the only one is very special in my opinion.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 younger brothers and I'm glad I didn't have a sister. No squabbles about clothes or make up and I am super close to my mum who is more like a sister. It didn't bother me at all.
    due July 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 brothers, but one passed away when I was 3. My Livie brother is 6 years younger then me and although we didnt always get along when we were younger we get along great now. I had always wanted a sister though... I remember being dissapointed when my brother was born cuz he wasnt a girl... I think thats also why I want a lil girl to cuz I had no sisters and I have 4 boys.. Lol. Im sure she will be fine growing up with her brothers, just think she will never be bullied and will have alot of protection. I feel Sorry for her when she gets a bf though... Big brothers are gna be the first to step in.. Lol.

Plus you never know she might even grow up being a Tom boy from being raised with all boys. She will be fine. She might long for a sister later on Or maybe she wont, she might be one of those girls that enjoy being the lil princess :-)
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast