Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question When is the best time to see a Doctor ?

I've been ttc for about 16 months now.
    The first few months I was swaying. Then I stopped and just hoped it would happen naturally but still nothing.
    A few people have suggested I see a Dr and I think they are right. I am approx 11dpo and BFN.
    What kind of things will the Dr need to know, what tests will they do.

Should I go now or wait until AF has started or do I wait until AF has finished?

What part of the cycle is best to see the Dr ?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are different tests done at different times of the month.

An ovarian reserve test is done on day 2,3,or 4 of your cycle.

There is a test to see if you ovulated later in the month that is done twice.

There are tests to look at your tubes to see if they are open.

I would call. 16 months is a lot to put yourself through and it should have happened by now.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post

An ovarian reserve test is done on day 2,3,or 4 of your cycle.
    So thats needs to be done while I have AF ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait to see if AF arrives, then go see the doc then, all you would need to say is that you have 5 children already and are having trouble to have another as it has been 16 months now, they will know what to look for.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have majored in family consumer science education. I learned that it takes about 2 years for people to conceive and if not they usually have problems.

I myself though believe if you are worried then you should just go for your own sake. It's better to have worries than put your body through stress.
    I have a friend who was with her husband for 7 years before they got pregnant. They had given up and did not have the money to have a doctor help them and then just one day boom she was pregnant. All natural.

Good luck, I hope you figure out what's going on and even more I pray your get a BFP here soon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should I be concerned ?
    4 of my babies were conceived first go my 2nd baby took 4-5 months but I had really long irregular periods ranging from 30-45 days.

Ever since I've been ttc my cycles have been a bit irregular but they are ranging from 28-34 days ( most of the time they are 33 days ) except for one time where I had a 52 day cycle.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old are you? The general recommendation here in the US (and when most people's insurance begins to provide infertility coverage) is one year if under 35, 6 months if under. You're well past this point, in any case.
    And if you are swaying blue, you might get a fertility treatment (like IUI with injectibles, for instance) that actually increases your chances of conceiving a boy.

I don't think there's any reason NOT to go, and it might well help a lot.

Also, do you chart or use opks? How well do you know your cycles? The 'two years to conception' statistic, which I've not heard, certainly assumes that couples are just DTD whenever, as opposed to perfectly well-timed intercourse. If your timing is good, it should take far less time to get pg.
    Last edited by sugarNspice; February 11th, 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 30 years old.

I was swaying and timing perfectly in the start. Then I stopped timing and just went the flow for a while then I started tracking again but stopped again after a few months and just tried to forget about it and not stress and let it happen naturally.

I am not swaying at all anymore. No diet, no supps etc. The only thing I take is a womens multi vitamin but some days I forget to take it.

I haven't used any O tests for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I wouldn't be really concerned unless I was doing everything in my control, and then still not getting a BFP. Why not try temping/OPKs for a cycle and see what happens? If anything, it can give you an idea of what's going on with your cycle...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do + O tests guarantee you are ovulating?

I read somewhere before that it only detects the surge, but even with a surge you still may not O, thats how some people get +opk 2 or 3 times a cycle cause there body gives the surge and gets ready to O but fails to do so, then it attempts again?

Is that right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast