Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What did people tell you? Before you conceived about Gender?

Hello,
    I wanted to ask those of you that told people you were trying to conceived or pregnant. What did others tell you the gender of your baby would be? Were they right?

I'm asking because the people I've told we are going to ttc, have told me I'm going to have a boy next. The few people I've told about swaying still think I will only have a boy.

I know they don't control what will end up in me but just kind of wondering what every one told you guys? I would love to feel more confident and happy about ttc. Not nervous!
    9 3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly think people like to be negative sometimes and tell you what you don't want to hear even tho they really have no IDEa what you will have... Don't over think it too much you will drive yourself insane
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well we were very open and honest with everyone about swaying and wanting a boy. Our friends and relatives were very supportive of this and we got encoragement and well wishes for a Son.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    Well we were very open and honest with everyone about swaying and wanting a boy. Our friends and relatives were very supportive of this and we got encoragement and well wishes for a Son.
    What a blessing. The only people who have been supportive and positive is my mom, husband, and my first son's dad's wife. We are friends!
    9 3

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't told anyone at all!! Not even my husband! Although he would probably be like Ookkkaaay! And you think it's gona work?! Lol but he's not the one who wants a boy it's me! I will probably tell my twin sis after I do fall pregnant.. But don't worry at all about what people say or think the best way to deal with stuff like that especially with people is acting like nothing phases you, and your happy regardless offl gender! I just feel like once they know you didn't get desired gender they'll find ways to pick at it!
    Married To my Teenage Sweet since 2009

Mummy to 2011 & Newly

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I told my SIL we were ttc a girl my SIL said to me I would be a horrid girl mum and wouldn't know what to do with a little girl! I guess it is because I love playing boyish games with my kids, running, jumping, spiderman and this afternoon I was Tow Mater!! I just don't get this reply she seems to have forgot that I am actually a female and at one point of time I was a little girl!! I am 100% sure I would love playing barbie and skipping ropes as well !! Then she goes on to say if I knew how to change a baby girls diaper.. I could not help myself I just had to say " no I have been cleaning my (insert male anatomy here) for the past (insert age here) years I wouldn't have a clue!! Ever since this I have never disused gender and ttc together with anyone except you guys and hubby of course
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got that reaction from some one too. They told me that I'm not girly enough to raise a girl and since I'm more of a tomboy that's why God gives me boys.
    I told way to many people when I first thought of ttc and now I regret it. I hope by the time we are actually ready to start ttc they will have forgot. I feel so dumb.
    9 3

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't feel dumb! People say all kinds of ridiculous things to make people feel bad about their choices. Just ignore them, and then come here to chat with us about it!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3 boys and everyone is just ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that #4 is a girl. Honestly, I'm starting to get sick of it. I know either way it turns out we'll get gender comments. They drive me nuts.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Long before I was ever even pregnant with #3 people would say "you know you will have another boy". It always annoyed me because I wasn't asking for their opinions on the gender of my 3rd child. When I finally did become pregnant I was almost 38 so I saw a genetic counselor and did the first trimester blood screening and even she told me because of the fact that I already had 2 boys I would most likely have a 3rd boy. They were all wrong. I know how aggravating it is to hear unsolicited opinions on something that is upsetting to you to begin with. I hope your 3rd child will be your much hoped for girl.
    Last edited by prettyinpink18; February 18th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.

5 failed MS IUI/IVF cycles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast