Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused The more I read- the more overwhelmed I get- the less I want to try:(

Sorry....I feel pathetic right now. As you can see in my sticky, food is an issue....I've been trying to lose weight for years, always unsuccessful. This year has been a way better year in terms of weight loss and so far I've gotten 20 lbs off my body. I still have 35 more lbs to lose before I'm at a healthy BMI but the past month has been crazy for me, so it's been a struggle.

Anyway, all the supplements, ions, timing, moon phase...blah blah blah- I can do all this NO PROBLEM. The diet on the other hand. It's been hard enough as it is, trying to keep my weight coming off(I have a 5k in June I have entered to keep up my motivation and a wedding in July that I would love to look hot at!)but looking at what I can't eat on the girl diet.....I just want to wave my little white flag

My diet has been pretty good lately, so I continue to see results but I still eat healthy portions, lots of good vegies, protein, etc, etc. All things that I cannot have much of. I'm in a funk right now. Can you tell? Sigh.

After 3 boys I feel that it is very unlikely that I will end up with my girl anyway....
    Sorry if I got anybody down...I really needed to let this off my chest.
    XO
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if I should have this in the Swaying section or not....feel free to move it if it's not appropriate here Thanks!

Our beautiful is here!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel the EXACT same way. It makes me want to throw in the towel altogether and just ttc & take another boy.

I can NOT stick to the girl diet. It's virtually impossible for me.

I'm conflicted about the whole swaying thing and feel like i'm destined to have all boys regardless of what I do anyway.
    5 Beautiful Boys! ages 1-11

4 early losses
    8/2011
    11/2011
    12/2013
    5/2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BlueLooking4Pink View Post
    I feel the EXACT same way. It makes me want to throw in the towel altogether and just ttc & take another boy.

I'm conflicted about the whole swaying thing and feel like i'm destined to have all boys regardless of what I do anyway.
    So maybe we should try to put together a sway that incorporates pieces of the diet....eliminate the easy stuff to eliminate. Do the other parts of the sway...what do you think? Maybe do timing, gel/douche, ions, etc...hell we may as well try some of it even if we can't do the diet to the full extent....

Our beautiful is here!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I good way to do the diet change or any diet change is step by step... slowly pushing breakfast out, eating smaller and smaller meals, and replacing foods as you get to it.

Everyone I know who fails a diet (for weight lose) it is because they jump in full force and their body can't handle it. The hardest part of any diet is the first 2wks. It gets easier from there.

When I first started hubby on eat healthier I did it little by little. He is able to control it on his own now. He now can not eat the way he used too... hates most fast food and can't stomach greasy food.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    Sorry....I feel pathetic right now. As you can see in my sticky, food is an issue....I've been trying to lose weight for years, always unsuccessful. This year has been a way better year in terms of weight loss and so far I've gotten 20 lbs off my body. I still have 35 more lbs to lose before I'm at a healthy BMI but the past month has been crazy for me, so it's been a struggle.

Anyway, all the supplements, ions, timing, moon phase...blah blah blah- I can do all this NO PROBLEM. The diet on the other hand. It's been hard enough as it is, trying to keep my weight coming off(I have a 5k in June I have entered to keep up my motivation and a wedding in July that I would love to look hot at!)but looking at what I can't eat on the girl diet.....I just want to wave my little white flag

My diet has been pretty good lately, so I continue to see results but I still eat healthy portions, lots of good vegies, protein, etc, etc. All things that I cannot have much of. I'm in a funk right now. Can you tell? Sigh.

After 3 boys I feel that it is very unlikely that I will end up with my girl anyway....
    Sorry if I got anybody down...I really needed to let this off my chest.
    XO
    As long as you are losing weight, that is MOST important of all. Eat what helps you lose weight first and foremost because the more you lose, the better for your sway. Protein is a hard one, technically it should be kept low but more important than protein is that you are getting that weight down. People have conceived girls losing weight on Atkins (and I mean more than one or two, tons of people have told me this.) If you are doing good on a low calorie diet with vegies and protein, keep it up!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BlueLooking4Pink View Post

There is also the French Diet if that feels easier for you to stick to.

The problem with swaying websites is that we lay out all the info at once and it can be overwhelming but you don't need to do everything! It's like a menu at a Chinese restaurant, you can pick something from Column A and something from Column B that work for you and your lifestyle and call that your sway! There is no right and wrong way to do it.

In order of what I think is the most important aspects of diet NOTE - I did a little more research and rearranged these with the lower calories at more important than they were. That is in line with the Oxford study.

1))Lower calories (again, lower is lower, going from 2500 to 2000 is still an improvement.)
    2) Lower blood sugar levels IN THE 2WW (if you can't stick to it all the time, make sure you at least try during the 2WW)
    3)Losing weight (and this WILL help lower your blood sugar even if you eat 8 meals a day)
    4)Lower fat (fat is easier for most people to cut back on than protein, even though I suspect protein may sway "harder".)
    5)Lower protein (and lower is lower - if you can't get to 40 G a day, that's OK! If you were eating 120 and you're now eating 60, that's STILL lower. Protein can help with blood sugar)
    6)Lower sodium (this is SO HARD for people to stick to that I seriously doubt all the girls who have ever been born on the face of the planet were to moms eating very little sodium)
    7)Only after ALL those other things, come the lower nutrients. Eat veggies if it helps you get through the day. A huge plate of veggies is better for pink than a steak and a baked potato.
    8)More cal and mag IF you want to and if you can do it without screwing up on the protein, fat and sodium.

Don't feel that you need to do everything. You don't. Making changes in the right direction still sways.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 14th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel you and I'm with you XO

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel exactly the same as you....I am not going to follow a strict girl diet....and if I am lucky enough to conceive again, I will be ok with another boy...I won't blame my diet...Good luck!
    Me-Gina
    age 37
    DH- 38
    DD: Nov 14

Ectopic Angel Sept 25,2011

After a hard 2011, I am looking forward to a great 2012

Thanks to gender dreaming for all the support! Our little miracle Makalee joined our family Nov 14, our family is complete and all my dreams came true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I'm sooooo with you on the diet. Everything else is cake it seems but the darn girl diet just plain sucks! You've probably seen me post other places on here about how I'm failing in the diet dept...UGH! Oh, well...I do what I can, when I can and surrender the rest. I think you're doing great, though, DM...You've lost 20 lbs and that's A W E S O M E! Are you logging your food? I lost 23 lbs last spring/summer and the only way I could have done it was by logging my meals. It made losing weight actually something really attainable. GL on your journey...We PINK Mamas are cheering you on. Sending you lots of PINK HUGS, Mama!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast