Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Going from 2 to 3 children?

Hi all, would like people's options and experiences from going from 2-3 children? I have 2 boys at the mo with a 3 year age gap and am planning another next year again with a 3 and 6 year age gap. Just wondering whether it will be easier or harder as I found having 1 easy but going to 2 hard due to the fact that my youngest has been a demanding baby and my first was easy! Do u think ill find going to 3 children easy as ill be more prepared as I've experienced both easy and hard babies or will it be a struggle?! Would love to hear other people's stories x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends on the situation and person. I found going from 1 to 2 pretty easy, with just a 23 month age difference but going from 2 to 3 was a lot harder because I only have 2 hands and 3 kids. The 3rd was 27 months after my 2nd. I think the reason it was so hard for me to go from 2 to 3 was because 3 months into it we moved across the country so I had no help or emotional support from friends and family. Every experience is unique and every opinion will be a little different! I'm sure that really is no help, sorry
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if the older 2 can do things for themselves a bit, it makes it much easier than having 3 under 3!

Also depends on how good the baby is. My 3rd was very easy because she was the most agreeable baby in the world!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always found the newborn stage difficult, regardless of it being baby #1 or #4. Just the constant attention they require, the sleep deprivation, breastfeeding issues. etc. But it always got a lot better around 2-3 months for us and usually we found a good routine by then. I always wonder how I'll be able to do it with 2, 3, and now 4 but it seems to work itself out. How hard it is probably depends more on how difficult the baby is, rather than it being #3. GL, you can do it!
    2006, 2008, 2011, HT 2012

Cycle #1 @ HRC, March 2012: Pretesting FSH 5.7, AMH 2, AFC 19. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized & to GSN, 2 normal XY, 1 normal XX. Transferred 1XX. 1st beta 9 5dp5dt, 2nd beta 777 12dp5dt, 3rd beta 2823 15dp5dt. 124 at 6w6d (2 large SCHs seen). DD born 3 days overdue - December 2012.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys but a lot of my friends have 3 kids. They all say that I should jus t stay with two because life is much easier and cheaper. I find two to be easy. Yes, there are some tuff days but pretty much it's not so bad. If I had been blessed with a boy and a girl, I would for sure be done. But since I haven't I' m going to go for a third and pray really hard for a girl. I feel two is a perfect number. Once u hit 3, there just isn't enough of u to go around. People do it but it also comes down to how much quality time u can give your kids and the attention they need and require from u. My friend who has triplets always says,," once you have 3,it doesn't really matter how many u have after because its just mayhem" I don't know how women can handle 4+ kids. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen with just two kids. I can't imagine having 4 little ones.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found going from 2 to 3 a real juggling act with more children than you have hands, also with 2 you can have one and DH can have one, but with 3 you have one too many. After 3 it really didn't make much difference to be honest and I noticed no change at all going from 4 to 5....I doubt I will notice an increase having #6, other than going back to having a baby in the house.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pink View Post
    I found going from 2 to 3 a real juggling act with more children than you have hands, also with 2 you can have one and DH can have one, but with 3 you have one too many. After 3 it really didn't make much difference to be honest and I noticed no change at all going from 4 to 5....I doubt I will notice an increase having #6, other than going back to having a baby in the house.
    Omg this post gave me confidence!!! Going from 1 to 2 was sooooo hard on me. I want two more no matter what but I was also so scared how hard it would be.
    9 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with redcanoe...the first few months with the newborn are so hard, but then once the routine is established it gets easier. I've only got 2, but they're only 20 months apart, and my poor DD just didn't understand why this new one was getting so much attention...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 3. My first 2 have a 3 year age gap. They were 4 and 7 when my 3rd was born. The newborn stage was difficult, but since mine are older they can do a lot for themselves. We are definitely busier now, but I don't find it much harder than 2, just busier. My 3rd is a very easy going baby though and is mellow and goes with the flow so that makes things a lot easier.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking about this constantly as well. DH only wants two, and now that they are 3 and 5, life is so much easier, but still hard. Sometimes I think that we should stop, give our two children more time, more vacations, more quality time together, make life easier for us!
    And then I think, I have always wanted 3 kids, and I am going to regret, bcz when my two boys get older, they wont have time for us. It would be nice to have a little one, you know...
    And life seems so colorless without a DD, all the nice clothes and the pink stuff. Although I dont think my gender desire is overwhelming, bcz we are three sisters and there has been a lot of pink in my life!
    And then there is the nagging from my MIL, who has 2 boys one girl, that boys dont care about parents only girls do, and the fact that her only daughter has 2 boys than a girl, which they both are so proud of....just pinches me all the time....
    Maybe that has become the only motivation.

Anyways, I am thinking one more healthy baby, if I get a girl, I will be over the moon, if it is another boy, thanking God for that too, as long it is physical,, mentally healthy!!!!
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast