Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mothers of both sexes - a question for you

I am just wondering what the main differences are between raising a boy and raising a girl... At what age would you say the boy becomes a boy and the girl becomes a girl? When they are newborn, are they pretty much the same?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinss View Post
    I am just wondering what the main differences are between raising a boy and raising a girl... At what age would you say the boy becomes a boy and the girl becomes a girl? When they are newborn, are they pretty much the same?
    You know I'm glad you asked this question - I'd love to hear what other people think of it.
    My answer? Hm, well my daughter is only around 6 months old so I'm not sure just yet. I think as babies, boys and girls are pretty much the same. Although as babies my sons were pretty hard (my DS2 became much easier later on, DS1 - not so much). My daughter seems to be a happy easy baby so far... but she could change. Sorry, I don't seem to be answering your question properly.

My first boy is a mixture of stereotypical boy (active, makes a mess, etc) and he also has a real smart mouth with can be terrible at times! My second boy is the opposite. He only runs around the place when DS1 is playing with him, but for the most part rarely causes trouble and is a sweet heart. He is calm, cheerful and all around just a great kid. DS1 is also great - but causes alot trouble too. So here is have two sons, two opposites lol. But none of are really into girly things (although DS1used to like the colour pink!) and loves their toy trucks/sports/anything stereotypically boyish. Hope this sort of answers your question!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My oldest just turned 18 months (and I only have boys..) BUT I can answer this question kind of as far as when a boy starts acting like a boy from a toddler perspective! Babies are just babies I have to agree but my 1DS was so chill, I mean NEVER cried unless he was hungry then hed fall asleep eating and not need me again. He didn't need constant stimulation either. DS2, he's only 4 months but COMPLETELY different. He's definately got a "princess" attitude! ALWAYS crying, ALWAYS has to be held, if he's up needs constant stimulation and screams the second I'm out of sight (he won't even stop for his dad). So I think boys and girls would be the same as an infant.
    My older boy is completely 100% boy, his favorite toy is a car, inot everything, tantrums, steps on his toys, likes breaking things, loves to play rough, he has a little lion punching bag type toy he tackles all the time, he loves the be thrown on couches (playing of course lol) spun around, always into mischief. Just what I pictured a little boy to be like honestly. Since about 15 months, once he started walking =)
    My friend has a girl that is 17 months old and she acts like a little diva! has for quite a few months, around 15 months, same as my son!
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

familiesr4ever
    I think that personality plays a role more than gender, just my opinion, though, I have a friend her ds is totally mellow, never gives her any trouble and he is about to turn 10, her dd is 5 and completely crazy, always having a temper trantrum and has been that way since birth. My oldest ds(he's 14 is a real charmer and has been since birth, my ds2 is 8 and has up until about age 7, been a hard child, was a difficult baby, fussy, when he hit the terrible two's they didn't go away until he turned 7. (now he is actually quite easy going, thankfully) my dd is 5 and from day one has been a complete and total joy, she is probably the easiest kid ever. My ds3 is 17 months and for the first 8 months was so easy, I couldn't believe it, especially because he looked alot like ds2 and I was convinced he would be as difficult as he was too, then about 8 months he kind of decided that his mellow days were over and now he has a fiery temper and if he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it, we are in for it. My dd likes girly girl things and has from the time she was tiny and my boys have always been into boys things, but my nephew has always liked Dora and not Diego and will play with trucks but also with dolls, so you just never know, I think they come with their personalities set from the time they are born.