IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Large family humor

Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this!

Do people really consider 4 children to be a large family? For me personally I felt large families were with 6+ kids, haha. Maybe 4 seems normal to me because that was what hubby said I can have and I wanted a large family and had my number set at 6!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends where you live but where I am anything 3+ is "large"!

Once you go over 3 kids, you cannot drive certain vehicles. I think that puts 4+ into the "Large" family category for that reason alone!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very true about the vehicle! Never looked at it that way. We bought a van at two kids knowing we would have 4 so I haven't had to think about upgrading to fit more kids.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I think it depends where you live but where I am anything 3+ is "large"!

Once you go over 3 kids, you cannot drive certain vehicles. I think that puts 4+ into the "Large" family category for that reason alone!
    LOL!! Love it!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HAHA! I come from a large family. I drove a 12 passenger van around in high school.

I relate well to the Duggars!! Although we weren't quite that big, the big family dynamic is unique!!

My Gender Dreaming

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was bought up in a household of 9 children and didn't feel that was a big number(say what!?!) yet I consider anything over 4 children as a large family. I'm actually starting to want 4 even if this sway works. My sister and friend have four, though they're 3g1b & 2g1b1g and it's lush, my sisters house never seems truly quiet. The car doesn't bother me as we've talked about getting a seven eater but the housing does. These UK homes are being built smaller and smaller. Our current home is a 3 bed but realistically it is a 2 bed with a box room!
    Plus-size SAHM of 2 c-section babies DD1 Aug '09; DD2 Dec '11 chemical May 2014
    WTT for no. 3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coming from a country of of over a billion people. .anything more than 1 is a 'large' #..lol. .2 at the max is acceptable but don't knpw the anyone personally who has more than 2kids anymore lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you think about it, most restaurant tables are for a party of 4. Most hotels allow you to sleep 5 in them so if you have 4 kids, you are not the "norm" by society's standards and limitations IMO. We have to wait for the "big table" in restaurants, have to book 2 hotel rooms or just get a house on vacation now and we drive a huge SUV. I think WE are large!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Four kids has always been "our number" and we get comments galore about having a "big" family. I've never considered four to be outside the norm, until I started thinking of things that NBP mentioned and I guess it does imply that anything more than 2-3 is large. I would have five if dh would let me. And don't consider that large either. I grew up with a pretty big family (mom is 1/6, dad 1/4), so I guess I never thought too hard about cars, hotels, or tables. But in our area, most people have 2, many are even 1-and-done.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast