Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Baby before or after wedding - dilemma help!

My good friend is getting married in my home country in April next year and I am one of her bridesmaids. My husband and I had planned to TTC around the middle of this year to have a baby around Feb-May next year for a gap of 3.5 years. Now I am going to be a bridesmaid at the wedding, we don't know what to do.

Would you start TTC in April/May, having the baby born in Jan/Feb and travel to the wedding with a 8-12 week old or wait until the end of the year to TTC and be pregnant at the wedding?

My husband and I are really torn on what to do. I really don't want to have to take an 8-12 week old on a plane to another country (3.5 hour flight) and to the wedding while trying to breastfeed around the ceremony and reception, but I also don't want too big of a gap between my kids. If we leave TTC until the end of this year there will be at least a 3 year 10 month age gap.

What would you do???? Advice???
    5 1/2 Due Sept 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to do what's best for you but I definitely vote for the smaller gap between your kids.
    praying and swaying

3. Likes Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I say do what suits you, don't work around the wedding! Good luck!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Travelling with an 8-12 week old really is easy - much easier than travelling with a 3 year old! We've travelled on holiday at that age with all of our children, and no probs. You really must do what you want though, and importantly remember that if you wait and then you don't get pg straight away the gap could be even greater. Good luck xx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that really a wedding that worth changing the plans of your pregnancy? Wow that’s a great friendship. I am just wondering if it is more important than you are and your health. Concentrate on yourself. Try to focus on your family, pregnancy and the baby. The wedding will be passed. But your issues about pregnancy and the baby would not bother a lot of people from that event later on. Priorities, you know…