Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TV shows upset anyone?

So last night I was sat watching Call The Midwife, and the couple who were adopting get a baby girl, of course they do, they have a little boy already so why would they get another? And I'm already feeling sensitive lately, and DH who isn't really paying attention pipes up "did they get a pink one?" I can feel my eyes pricking with tears as I silently nod, watching as the man places the baby girl in the womans arms saying "heres your mummy" and the look on her face and one of them says something like "we have a daughter" and then DH goes "Yeah thats the way to do it, then you'd definitely get a pink one" Aaaaand I was off, tears in full flow. I have NEVER let him see me cry about the gender of a baby or let him know just how much I have struggled other than to say I want a girl. Adoption is not an option for us, house size for a start would go against us, but also I'm so afraid of people judging, and I spend so much time going on to people who ask about how much I love boys and wanted boys etc etc that I'd probably end up adopting a boy!
    I've been trying so so hard to accept that even when we have another baby, I will have a boy and that will be the last baby, when I think about the girl I wont have I want to cry and beg God to please just give me this one thing that will complete my life and family, but if I don't think about her, and instead think about how cute and sweet and perfect another boy would be I can feel happy about him and get through it. I can accept it to a certain point, but I can't stop the tiny bit of hope.
    Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry sweetie, sometimes the media is just the cruelest thing when we are suffering from GD. Although we wouldn't have Gender Dreaming without the media...a blessing and a curse.

I am super jealous of the American reality show Farm Kings. Its about a family in Pennsylvania who had 9 boys and 1 girl. Although my body would never have held up to 10 pregnancies I would have loved to have had a house full of strapping good looking boys like that mama has. She had a DD to keep her company but other than that she has a huge brood of hardworking handsome boys. Most of the boys are grown men, and still quite good looking, but I still would have loved all that male energy when they were young and when they were grown.

Big hugs....gender desire can be so hard sometimes.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why I do it to myself. But I know I'll sit and struggle my way through tonights episode of One Born Every Minute too. The hardest episode of the show I watched last night though was a few weeks ago when a lady had 3 boys, ended up pregnant after cheating on her husband and had a baby girl and had to give her up.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend and I have talked about this at length and we even thought about writing an article about it. There is def. an insidious difference on shows with mothers who get girls vs. boys!! When a character has a baby girl it's almost always this life changing, life completing event, and when ever a character gets accidentally knocked up and it's a total disaster it's practically always a boy. But at the same time, when a character (usually a dad but not always) is going to move heaven and earth to save their child, it's almost always a boy, while daughters are either murdered or kidnapped as a catalyst for events or are useless/decorative without a lot of character development or importance to the plot unless it's romance. There are exceptions to be sure but most of the time it seems to work out that way.

I also think there's something sick and wrong about how mothers of all boys are portrayed, if there is a female villain in something 9 times out of ten she has all boys. And the few times a villain has daughters, the daughters are also villains and it's usually a plot like Cinderella where the daughters are romantic rivals. When moms of all boys aren't villains, they're usually total disasters and the boys are tearing the house apart. Not only in shows but there are like 5 commercials like that.

Any family in any show that is meant to be normal and unremarkable practically always has a boy and a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^I need to pay attention more often, I've never even noticed!! I did, however, notice that more often "surprise, undesired" pregnancies end in a boy child on TV. I thought that was just me noticing more because my son was a surprise (but not undesired!)
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hadn't really noticed. I guess I'm being self absorbed and relating it back to me all the time and what I'm lacking