Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Please help me name my twins

I will be 28weeks with boy/girl twins on Sunday and am really devastated as we haven't decided on names yet. I can't really enjoy the pregnancy because I don't feel like the babies have an identity yet. Don't know how to explain what I mean but finding a name is not fun for us anymore. I feel like everybody knows how their baby will be called even before they fall pregnant and we are not even close yet.

I want to name the boy Milan and can't think of another name. I went through all the name books and apps and all the other names just don't feel right to me. DH does not agree at all but doesn't have any other ideas.

For the girl I would love something simple like Sophia, Emma, Elina, Alissa but DH insists on naming her Viana which I don't like AT ALL!!!

Maybe it's helpful to know that we have an Arabic surname so we can't use names like Benjamin, (which I love), sebastian or any typical American or European names. Our DS is called Dilano (pronounced Delano) and I think Milan would fit perfectly fine with his name....

Does anyone know a secret how to convince DH?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my DH is the same way. Very insistent on the name that he decides. If it makes you feel any better DS2 and DD didn't have names until we were leaving the hospital. With DS2 they were kicking us out of the hospital.

I have no secrets to get him to change his mind. I can only empathize with you. I tried throwing out several names but he didn't like any of them. Just know that you aren't the only one this a stubborn DH. My DH won't even discuss names until I am about 7-8 months along. Then when we can't agree (cause he only likes one) it really stresses me out.

I am sorry... maybe the other women on here have some ideas for you??
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any reason you "can't" use American or European sounding names other than your surname? Personally, I don't think they have to "match", unless that's something that's important to you.

I have an Italian least name and my boys are Adrian (Italian) and Owen (Gaelic). Our 3rd will be Micah (Hebrew) if it's a boy or AnaSofia if it's a girl.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband didn't like the name I chose for DD3 but when she was born I said she looks like a ----- & he said ok you can have that name. Ha ha ha Now he likes her name they will get used to it.
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply, I really thought I am the only woman on this planet with a stubborn DH. Never heard of any friends having the same problem. They all had a name in mind before they were even pregnant and once the babies were born they were named how the mother wanted it.

In Germany we have a time frame of two weeks after baby is born to find a name otherwise the government will give it a name. At our last OB appointment the doc told me that I should keep in mind that cesarians are more common with twins and as soon as we went out the door DH said "well, looks like our problem is solved. You'll need general anesthesia and won't be able to tell the nurses how we want to name the babies so I will take my chance!" HA, sure! I am glad it's not that easy.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Abifasc nope it's just because of our surname. It's typical Arabic and it's really hard to use a boys name that sounds good with it. It's much easier with the girl names but we still haven't agreed on one.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry pumpkin. I didn't know the trouble you were having but I think once babies are born DH's are easier to sway (we all know about swaying lol). Once he sees all you go through I think he will change his mind. Maybe just start calling them Milan and Sophia in front of him! Lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW I love Adrian as long as it is pronounced English but don't like the sound of it in german.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sunflower you are so right!! I mean I went through a year of swaying, two losses, a surgery, clomid, femara and injections and now he wants to decide how we are going to name the babies?! I was even trying to find a compromise and offered names like Diana and Liana (not in love with them but they are close to Viana) because I could live with those names but he is not ready to agree to a compromise.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No secret...except I only brought up the name a bit in the time we talked baby girl names before knowing that she was a girl. Then we found out BOY.....no more mention of her name, but as soon as we found out GIRL, I asked if it was ok to use that name as it was perfect! He tried to change it or my mind at 36 weeks, but I just pretended I did not hear his other option!!!

I hope that you can convince your DH to let you name your cute pumpkins!!!! Good luck!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast