Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Charting question and OPK question?

Charting question-
    I was looking at my old fertilityfriend chart from when I was pregnant with my DD1 and I wasn't charting with opks I was only using BBT. Is that an accurate way to tell when you ovulate? I took my temp at the same time everyday 6:40am and it shows on the overview that my cycle length was 47 days, ovulation day was day 23 and my luteal phase was 24?? I only charted the month of August. I had my last period June 21st and then another August 2. Im just trying to figure out how my timing was with DD1 and if going off the BBT temps only would work??? Thank you

OPK question-
    I was thinking last night, with my second DD I was temping and using opks. I got a positive opk on August 27th (possibly one on August 26th as well but cant remember) I had sex on the 22nd only and didn't have sex again till a few days after I got my positive opk. I always thought you weren't supposed to O until 24-48hrs after + opk? My 6 week u/s and my 20 weeks u/s match up with me conceiving on the 27th as well (but my doctors went of my LMP for my due date even though my period was off from just having a baby).

So is it possible that I ovulated on the same day I got a positive?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charting can be a good way of telling you that you HAVE ovulated but not when you are going to ovulate. Even if you were consistent with O day for 6 months, for example, you might be different for month 7. So really charting is only good to know you have ovulated after the event

OPK's can be positive on the day of ovulation yes but most likely to be positive the day before. I imagine you probably got a +OPK with your DD on the 26th and the 27th. To avoid confusion I always think it's best to use OPKs until your first positive then stop. If charting at the same time then watch over the next 4 days for the temp rise to confirm. Only if no temp rise occurs would I test again.
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    24 days is a VERY long LP and I don't think it's accurate. You only charted one month? Remember FF is just a computer program...

Sperm can live in the uterus for up to 5 days. So it's possible that you dtd on the 22nd and ovulated on 27th and that led to conception. It's also possible that you got a fake surge on the 26th, your body geared up to O but then didn't O, and you O'd several days later, where the second attempt could have led to conception.

If you want a very accurate representation of your cycles, I would temp for several cycles. See how it lines up with your OPKs. And yes can ovulate within 8 hours of a +OPK.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for answering my questions. I was just trying to figure out when I Oed with my first DD. Just off of the temp is showed I Oed on the 26th but when I submitted when I got cervical mucus and the egg white CM it changes to those days. It kinda confused me. We are trying to sway boy so im looking at my past FF charts to check out the timing for both my girls.
    As for my second I didn't have sex for a few days after my positive opk so she was conceived 5 days before O, im sure

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mcooper it's not a huge help to you but I have two fertility friend charts with total opposite timing and both were DD's. Timing has been debunked so trying to do different likely isn't going to help as much as Diet, Supps etc
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I didn't do supplements and diet with them (though I was mainly eating girl foods and not eating breakfast). So this time around I do plan on being on the boy diet and boy supplements. Just trying to figure out how im going to do the timing

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The recommended frequency for blue is dtd every other day with 3 attempts at +opk.
    Thank You God

Pope Benedict XVI

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not outrageously reliable, no. Studies (well done ones by reputable sources) have shown that even with a very high level of training, people were only able to accuarately pinpoint their day of ovulation about 30% of the time.

Plus, whatever happened with your DD 1 tells you nothing about future cycles. They're useless for predicting what will happen in future months.

RE your second experience, several scenarios could have happened. You could have conceived from the sex on the 22nd (this is rare but not impossible). OR you could have gotten a false negative when you actually had your surge and the pos OPK on the 26th/27th were just left over from that and it took a bit longer for your urine to build up. So if you ovulated on let's say the 25th, and the LH didn't get enough concentration in your urine till the 26th/27th, YOu could still have conceived from the sex on the 22nd (and much more easily). OR, sometimes you get a pos OPK, then for some reason your body just decided, eh, not quite yet, and holds onto that egg for a bit longer so your pos OPK may come a few days before you actually O.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    24 days is a VERY long LP and I don't think it's accurate. You only charted one month? Remember FF is just a computer program...

Sperm can live in the uterus for up to 5 days. So it's possible that you dtd on the 22nd and ovulated on 27th and that led to conception. It's also possible that you got a fake surge on the 26th, your body geared up to O but then didn't O, and you O'd several days later, where the second attempt could have led to conception.

If you want a very accurate representation of your cycles, I would temp for several cycles. See how it lines up with your OPKs. And yes can ovulate within 8 hours of a +OPK.
    Oh whoops I missed this in the original post. Yes, there is absolutely NO way you had a 24 day LP. Something is wrong in your analysis of that chart. Is there any way you could post it for us??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcooper1314 View Post
    Thank you for answering my questions. I was just trying to figure out when I Oed with my first DD. Just off of the temp is showed I Oed on the 26th but when I submitted when I got cervical mucus and the egg white CM it changes to those days. It kinda confused me. We are trying to sway boy so im looking at my past FF charts to check out the timing for both my girls.
    As for my second I didn't have sex for a few days after my positive opk so she was conceived 5 days before O, im sure
    The timing of when you got your girls is not gonna help you. I know it is hard to believe but it just doesn't tell you anything. You can't predict when you're going to O from LAST month, let alone years ago.

Which is all ok because timing doens't sway anyway. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html