Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your husband must be as proud as punch his little girl looks like him? I live in a country where a lot of westerners adopt from around the local regions (south east Asia) so it is very common here to see a family out with a a variety of children (Malaysian, Thai Vietnamese, Indonesian), I look at those mums and dads with admiration. My son goes to a school with kids from over 69 different countries.... I think these people who make these comments about your daughter are perhaps just a bit ignorant? (For want of a better word).
    Mum to two hoping for a bundle of x

2. Thanks Cauliflower thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im so sorry you have to deal with all those hurtful comments.. Her skin looks better... I would have flat out come uncorked on that woman. Not that skin tone has any importance but it may change or not over time, genetics all the way around have a lot to do with it. Someone in either you or DH's line could have been darker and thats the gene she got! She is absolutely adorable in that picture People who feel the need to nitpick at something like this would be complaining no matter what color her skin was. If she came out glow in the dark white as a sheet like me they would have had something to say. If she came out a barely discernible shade lighter/darker than either of you there would have been someone having something to say. They have to find something to be ignorant about or their head will explode. I think my mother has that same problem with a lot of issues LOL. My DS looks like all of his cousins and one of my brothers more than he looks like either of us. One of those cousins looks like a spitting image of a great uncle I mean EXACT. Genetics are funny like that. Maybe she takes after aunt sally on dads side and that would be a good way to shut down those comments. Dont let them get to you and I hope she never has to hear that negativity from them EVER. This is why little girls develop complexes on how they must look in order to be accepted. She is beautiful and healthy how she is and thats all she needs to know
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

4. Thanks Cauliflower thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm mixed (half white/black American) and married to a light skinned German. With both of our boys we got so many comments about how light they are, my younger son's blue gray eyes, etc. Honestly I refuse to let it bother me. I know while good intentioned it comes from years of cultural conditioning which says lighter is better. On the other hand I always get compliments on my skin color and some people spend lots of time and money trying to achieve the same look. I try and focus on imparting the view that all skin colors, hair types, eye colors, etc can be beautiful and that my children are gorgeous just as they are. I think thankfully that as we continue to become a more global society people continue to expand their views of what is beautiful and no longer perceive just one skin tone or eye color as beautiful. Obviously in some parts of the world this change will probably be much longer in coming but I think it will happen everywhere. Also your daughter looks absolutely beautiful to me!!

sent using tapatalk
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is beautiful Hun. Congratulations!
    Next time a woman says anything about her complexion maybe you should ask her which relation she got her fat a$$ from hehehe xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

7. Thanks Cauliflower thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg! I used to tan and pay for solariums when I was younger so I can have olive skin like that. And when I second son was born and he had olive skin I was so excited for him. I think people always want what they can't have. So don't worry about it because she's gorgeous !

9. Thanks Cauliflower thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for all the nice words, it warms my heart!

Genetics is strange. My grandmother was very dark, rest of the lot have fair color a few shades pluss/minus. So I can imagine where the gene came from!
    One of my friends got her DD just one month before me, and although they both are average looking and have dusky skin tone, their daughter is so beautiful, big eyes and fair skin.
    All of my DDs aunts, except my youngest sister, are fair, all her cousins (girls) are fair and have big eyes, seriously, like disney princesses!

I have never thought of how"blessed" I have been, being so light colored, although I get many comments. It hit me really how important it is in our culture. I mean you can be only average looking, but if you are white as snow you are considered beautiful.

Recently saw an ad from India, it was a jewellery ad, where they used a divorced, dark skin colored woman gettibg married. It got a lot of publicity for not being stereotypical and breaking with the rules of white is beautiful.

Fortunately we live in a country where most people are white, so hopefully white will no more be special for the coming generations....
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
    She is beautiful Hun. Congratulations!
    Next time a woman says anything about her complexion maybe you should ask her which relation she got her fat a$$ from hehehe xx
    Kittybear, congrats on your boy! Brothers are such blessings for little boys, mine are so close to one another, I could not imagine it another way. Hopefully you will eventually get your DD, you have to believe....
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See cauliflower you can say she takes after grams The ad from India you mentioned reminded me of another one. Aishwarya Rai poses for a lot of ads in her own country and in the US. Her skin tone is beautiful without adding all the makeup to lighten her up but yet you look at her in most of her ads and she looks white. They do a lot of the same to actors in bollywood movies if they are in staring roles! It looks like they were dunked in a vat of flour to get that much desired lighter tone. Like girlfriend said people always want what they dont have and think the other side of the fence is greener. Darker skin tones wanting to be lighter and the pasty complected are hitting the tanning booths to try to be darker. Its our job to continue teaching the future generations that these things dont matter they just make us special. My husband can tan but me being a redhead I just fry in the sun til I look like a lobster LOL. I got picked on growing up for being TOO white... Everyone always has something to say!
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She is absolutely darling!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Thanks Cauliflower thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, your daughter is stunning! That's all that needs to be said
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast