Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face I should not think this way :(

...noticing what people think and say about how my baby looks like

My journey began two years ago when I felt that my family is not complete without another baby, and how perfect it could be to have a baby girl. I found this wonderful site and and most wonderful, supporting person I have known, Atomic!
    Swayed hard, and with my personalized plan. I got pregnant with a baby girl, still cant believe that she is for real! She IS beautiful, so curious and sweet, always smiling, giggling. 8 months old now.
    I am grateful for having her.

It is just that she has darker complexion than even my sons! I am fair, my husband a bit darker. She is as dark has him or maybe a little darker. Just writing this makes me feel angry, if I am judging her by her complexion, What do I expect from others!
    She is my baby and I should love her as she is! Still some days I wake up thinking, is this really happening or was it just a dream? I am already thinking about summer, all the cute sleeveless dresses, shorts...revealing too much

I know I should be sooo grateful for having a healthy, baby girl....
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to mention my indian/ asian background...
    2007 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you to know that your baby girl is PERFECT just the way she is. No one in the world is like her- she is special in every way! You are just describing the way she looks- the facts. I know you and your husband don't care about how dark her complexion is, but other people can be superficial.
    Other people are the problem- not your gorgeous baby girl. Don't let them make you think something is wrong with her, because she doesn't fit their paradigm. They need to get over it! She needs you to be her advocate and voice. Tell them she is perfect the way she is and has no flaws. If they persist I would tell them their negativity is unwelcome.

I had to say this to people, because DS1 has a large forehead and was bald until 2. People always felt they should comment on this. Seriously! I always said he is perfect the way he is, and most of the time people went on to say something positive. However, there are some people that are just plain rude and kept on going. I would then tell them their negativity is unwelcome and would walk away.

Your DG IS perfect and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX is much nicer than me. I would give people a puzzled look and say, what's wrong with her skin tone, she looks like Daddy...isn't that a good thing?

Years of nasty comments about 3 girls have made me ruthless to those who can't keep their mouth shut. If they can't keep their comments to themselves, I can't keep my sharp tongue from lashing at them.

My Gender Dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you sweet ladies💗
    Although I know all this in my heart, it is good to have someone tell you this.
    The thing that shocked me most was, as me and my hubby both are well educated and thus our friends are also well educated, still they cant make themselves say she is cute, it is more like, who does she resemble? She is not like you..

My mother still believes she will get fairer, she cant understand why her grandchild could be so "dark",
    So she says to mee, look her face skin color is much better now, it has god lighter! Ugh!!!
    2007 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How painful that must be for you to hear. Just remember, you must be an advocate for your daughter. You do not want her viewing herself "less than" just because of her skin colour. My smallest son has problems in social situations and trouble with impulse control. People can be so cruel to him, but I will not and do not allow it. What they see, is just the shell of who my son really is, and your daughters skin colour is just her shell. Nothing more. Always make sure that she knows that you will help her to shine so bright, that all of those people who are "bothered" by her skin colour will be blinded to it by her light within!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My youngest son is also very dark-skinned and people would make a lot of remarks to me about putting sunscreen on him and that I shouldn't let him get a suntan (he was just naturally dark). I know it's not the same thing really but it was amazing to me that strangers would say things like that!!

I think she is absolutely beautiful and in many parts of the world people want to have darker skin tone!! I know people who spend a fortune trying to get what your daughter has naturally!!! Huge (((hugs)))!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all
    Thank you Atomic. Hugs! And look at Susannah, when did she turn into a toddler, they grow fast. She is adorable
    I wanted to upload a pic of her, but it was only possible if I changed my avatar. So here is my little angel! She is precious...all of her

And your right, I will be her voice and her advocate! From now on I will tell them myself that I think she is just perfect!
    Last edited by Cauliflower; December 29th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
    2007 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your DD is adorable and beautiful she looks like a little princess
    Prayed and swayed Boy . . .
    Blessed with a beautiful Girl
    Thank You God

"Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed. Each of us is loved. Each of us is necessary."

Pope Benedict XVI

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your dd is soooo gorgeous! People are stupid with their hurtful comments. They just can't be happy for others I think! If they're not bashing us for only having one gender it's picking holes in our children! Makes me throughly ashamed of the human race sometimes! Give your gorgeous girl a massive kiss and cuddle she's beautiful! Xx
    gorgeous DS1

gorgeous DS2

Praying and hopefully soon swaying for a precious pink princess to further complete our family

11. Dislikes MrsECullen disliked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast