Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is everyone ready for Christmas?

I have been "done" for over a week but for some reason I am still in the stores and I am still shopping.

I am worried that I do not have the perfect gifts for my older boys. Especially my 8 year old who is starting to question "Santa" I'm not ready for him not to believe. So I want everything to be perfect.

CocoChanel
    No I am not ready yet either, Eden. I have the younger two boys nailed, but the older two are a little harder. My 6 year old was told at school that Santa wasn't real, so I am having to answer some very pointed questions (I need a smiley here but can't find where they are). It is one thing to weave a magical fantasy about Santa, but when you have to get down to the nitty-gritty, it isn't so great (insert another frowney smiley)

To tell you the truth, I told my husband yesterday that I feel like we are doing Christmas this year just for society's sake, because everyone else is, it feels like you have to. I am totally not in the spirit and we got slammed financially the last couple months, so I counting out my money at the check-out like I hate to part with it. I literally kiss it good-bye...I'm so sad to see my money going, going, gone...on all the silly stuff that kids like nowadays (insert another frowney smiley)

But in the end Eden, we will be glad that we did it and your kids will think everything is perfect!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep telling myself it will be worth it Christmas morning.

I hear you on the "kissing my money goodbye" We just bought a $40 Halo lego set for my 8 year old because "that is what he wants" Luckily it was technically free because I used my Zellers points. Now I have to go to Costco to return the $20 Space Police Lego I bought because I was informed the other day by my 8 year old that Space Police is "not cool" ...sigh

CocoChanel
    Did you see those sleds that look like snow-mobiles at Costco? I got 2 of those for my older boys. Ouch. I will have to look for the Space Police lego because I need more stuff and getting desperate.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Did you see those sleds that look like snow-mobiles at Costco?
    No I didn't. Maybe my Costco did not have them. We did buy them some sleds and snow helmets. One looks like a saucer and the other one is similar to the saucer but oval. It is a step up from the crazy carpet. LOL

CocoChanel
    Well, I can't quote. If I try to quote you, I get the whole paragraph. But I wanted to LOL at the crazy carpet. Those things are treacherous!! And you are smart to buy snow helmets...we just use bike helmets, if anything at all...are snow helmets something I should have on board?

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just started my shopping today. Got quite a bit done this afternoon, now I'm taking a break until my oldest gets off work before hitting good old Walmart to finish up.

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the rainbow under my avatar mean?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still in the stores too, even though I'm "done"!! by the time it gets down to the last week, I'm pretty much ready for it to be over! it doesn't help that I can't get in the "spirit" because it's going to be in the 70s on Christmas

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gus, it means you are a Dream Member!
    Site Owner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast