Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boobs

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boobs

Thinking of getting some. Such a stupid thing worry about but now that I have lost the baby weight, they are gone. Anyone purchased theirs?

If so, what's the maintenance schedule/upkeep involved. Some told me you have to have them re-done in 10 years??!

Also, what am I going to look like at 70-80 when everything else has fallen but you magically have boobs still??
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for it! I am planning on it after DD stops nursing. I think the maintenance on them varies if you silicone vs saline.
    My aunt had her boobs done in the 70s, her's are silicone and still look fantastic, she's never had them re-done. She always jokes how everything else is sagging but her boobs! LOL!

She claims that back then she didn't go under general anesthesia. Crazy!
    BTW, I am the only person in my circle of friends who doesn't have them.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would do it in a heartbeat! My SIL had them done and loves them. I also know Beebs has had hers done twice but that was because the first time they were botched and had to have them redone with a good doc.

I would imagine that you would just take them out when you get older, I can't imagine leaving them in until I was 80. LOL! I would definitely PM Beebs, she knows tons and tons about it!
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just don't want it to make me look big! I want really small ones. I don't want people to see my boobs coming before they see ME.

Anyone know costs?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I just don't want it to make me look big! I want really small ones. I don't want people to see my boobs coming before they see ME.

Anyone know costs?
    I just asked Beebs and she said $5-$7k but she though SoCal could be a little more expensive than other places.

I am sure they would work with you on size. When I was looking into getting a reduction I saw people go from A's to C's or even A's to large B's.
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe, and have faith that everything will work out for the best.
    ^^^That is exactly what I did and everything has FINALLY worked out for the best. I couldn't be more happier in my life than I am right now with these 2 blessings that were brought into my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Living in the fake boob capital of the US, I have seen some done really naturally and plenty done over the top. Go in for some consults and look at the surgeons before/after pics.

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely do lots and lots of consults as well as look for referrals. Beebs told me to give you this link. She used to have saline but now has silicone and loves them!
    http://www.natrelle.com/

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that this is the site I used to post on

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/

I came close to doing a BA but then I decided to have a 3rd child.

Just make sure you research saline and silicone. You will probably be going back and forth a long time with that.

Then how you want the implant?? With goig through the belly button, you can only get saline.

Definately go for a lot of consults.

I plan on doing a BA maybe sometime after I try pgd and then save up for a new engagement ring that I had lost 2 years ago.

Good luck to you.

The forums are just like this one and people are very helpful.

Oh and as far as size my prepreg weight is like 112 and I am 5 foot. I am not prepreg weight now at all. I have to loose 15 pounds right now.

Anyway I was going to get a full size C. My dh wanted me to get a medium D- He is nuts.

I would even be happy with a medium C.

My size now is a B and I do not like being a B. I think women look attractive with at least a medium C with fitted shirts etc. That is just my opinion though.
    Last edited by NYFamilyOfFiveRoses; January 7th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I worry if I do that what my girls would think. I don't want them to have any body issues and I really don't just wanted to try out having boobs! I can imagine as a little girl that it could make you think you aren't good enough the way you are and I preach that to them daily!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely go for it! Mine no longer exist (and my DD even still nurses a little--not sure what I'll end up with after that)--so I too will be getting new (relaivelysmall) ones (apparently after one last go of breastfeeding though). I think if you have enough kids you earn some boobs --I would've been fine with what I got, but they've taken a beating with all these kiddos. As for body image, I think there is a fine line between caring about how you look and sending the wrong impression. But if you're not overly concerned about your body overall, and can send a good message about health, etc., I don't see a problem with a little modification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast