Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sick of the vaccine debate...

So this is just a rant. Please do not launch into any kind of debate about pro and anti vaccine or you will have missed the whole point of this post...

I am sick and tired of the vaccine debate--and it goes both ways: the pro-vaxxers showing pictures of babies with horrible diseases and the anti-vaxxers claiming all pro-vaxxers are stupid and don't do their research. Why can't we get along?

I did TONS of research on vaccines and all I can say with any certainty is that this is not a black-and-white, one-size-fits-all issue. I am not really pro-vaccine or anti-vaccine, but pro-education. Two people can read the same research and come to different conclusions. No vaccines, delayed vaccines, select vaccines, or all vaccines. Do you own research, your own due diligence, and make the decision for your family that you're comfortable with and then shut up about it. Vaccinate or don't, I don't care, but at least be educated in your decision and then be quiet about it.

But everyone gets on their high horse and goes on social media to bash the other side. Can we have some love and some grace for each other? Can't we realize that we are all trying to do the best for our kids and raising them in this day and age is not easy? Can't we realize that while these diseases are horrible there are also horrible reactions to vaccines? Some have lost children to vaccines, some have lost children to the diseases they might have prevented.

We can't slap a one-size fits all label on this issue. We shouldn't (as California already has) let the government take away our rights and limit our freedoms and make medical decisions for our children. We should respect those who want to vaccinate as much as we respect those who don't.

But all I see is hate and it makes me sad.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree totally. least fave topic of conversation ever! :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Ribbons, bunnywabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I couldn't agree more! I feel like we all are trying to do the best we can with raising our children. We all have to make tough decisions that can have a lasting impact on our children. I've learned a lot over the years and life is not all black and white.

I think it's time to start supporting each other and seek to understand each other's point of view. While we might not always agree, we can always find common ground with loving and wanting the best for our children.

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said. I do vaccinate, but don't have a problem with people's personal choices and respect their reasons. I get sick of the parents who get on their high horses and feel like they can comment on and condemn others choices (as long as it's in their child's best interest of course). This applies to a range of topics not just vaccinating. It's like once u become a parent u r open to a level of scrutiny that I really didn't expect.
    2014 2016

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post