Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    are you gaining weight?

My guess is that you have a UTI - did they check for that?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not gaining. They checked for a uti and said I didn't have one..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But you're not losing, either, right?? The type of weight loss required for there to be ketones and protein in your urine is substantial. If you're eating normally that is not what is going on - unless you are eating super low carb??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is genuinely the most confusing part. I have not gained and i dont believe ive lost...i started the pregnancy at 158 and am currently sitting at 158...they were concerned about it at my last appointment as they think i should have gained something somewhat substantial at this point in the pregnancy (26 weeks)..at least a couple pounds..i havent.

I am eating normally. Still eating lots of fast food...i ate burger king 2 hours before that glucose reading of 74 which is just completely astounding to me...its like my body is producing excessive amounts of insulin even though my sugars arent high..i know 74 falls within the 'normal' range but that is NOT my normal, especially not while pregnant. if i had been below 70 per their range my sugars would have been 'low'... That is very low for me...is it possible for my body to burn excessive amounts of glucose, while i gain so the weight evens out and stays the same as it has, but still creates ketones because of the amount being burned?

I still drink soda, juices, etc...i may be eating wheat instead of white bread but that by itself should make my sugars more stable not make them super low i would think...especially since the rest of my diet is pretty high in carbs and sugars..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly can't answer your questions, I wish I could. I do think that it's possible eating differently before pregnancy may make your body respond differently TO pregnancy. (after being on LE Diet I did not gain much weight at all and I usually gain gobs in the first trimester) If you're not losing weight and are eating enough and aren't doing super low carb, then there is no way that your blood tests are showing starvation. So whatever is going on, seems to me to be something else at play (like kidney issues) but sometimes it's harder than --- getting them to investigate. :/ My hope is that the endocrinologist will be more proactive or even seek a second opinion if this swelling keeps up.

The thing is, 158 is not a terrible weight to be at 26 weeks into a pregnancy. If you were sitting at 108 then yeah I'd be more concerned. I do like people to gain at least some weight but remember back when our moms were pregnant they actually told them to not gain any weight at all!! I would continue eating to your level of hunger, not starve yourself but try to eat good foods and take your prenatal.

I wish I had the answers for you, I hope that with your upcoming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know you cant give answers, its just nice to have ears to listen as my own doctors are not doing that well in my opinion and my family is pretty full of their own business...plus you never know if someone on this site has been through something similar and COULD have answers!

My thyroid ultrasound is the 17th..thats the soonest they could get me in i guess... beh. I wish i could reconsider getting my tubes cut at the end of this one but i am 99% certain that i should really be done having babies if this is how my body is going to handle any more pregnancies...by shutting down and failing on me and the baby.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, if anything, I think people getting their tubes tied for some vague medical concern is a mistake.

I did not have kids for 13 years and a large part of it was a mysterious health issue that doctors could not figure out. I was worried that I'd die or my baby would die and that I couldn't tolerate another pregnancy (and I had really good reasons too, it wasn't imaginary or anything, heart related) But at some point I realized, jeez, this just keeps going on and on and never gets worse, I guess it isn't going to actually KILL me LOL, and then I had 3 more kids when I was pushing 40!! No issues for baby, minimal ones for me (was faint and had palpitations a few times), and I still have the exact same livable-with problem I had all along. If I had that to do again I'd not have waited that long, that's for sure, but my point is, it's very possible to have some sort of issue that isn't a fatal one that you just end up living with.

None of your numbers are really that far from normal IMO. You're at a decent weight, we'll know more once you talk to your doctor on the 17th. For right now I think you should not jump to the worst possible conclusion and I would not be rushing to get your tubes tied if you are anything less than fully sure.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Struggling to find forums for support for this. Just wanting to talk to others who have been through the same thing i guess. My TSH has been dropping in big increments this pregnancy and so i finally saw an Endocrinologist. upon physical examination he thinks i have a nodule on the left side of my thyroid gland. I am to have a thyroid ultrasound in a week or two.. I dont know anything else at this time, no official diagnosis though terms like 'subclinical hyperthyroid' or 'possible secondary hypothyroidism' have been tossed at me...trying to not worry since the nodule and tsh problems have seemingly appeared in pregnancy when cancer is more likely to grow and cause issues...i normally get thick lovely hair in pregnancy but mine is extremely thin and falling out alot still and doesnt seem to be growing longer very well either which is also weird for me..

TSH at last check was 0.94 and T4 was 1.0...anyone with previous experience with any of this with some words of wisdom or encouragement to share? Ended up in the ER with the flu last monday and had ketones and protein in my urine..i think they thought it was related to the puking as did i since they werent worried...and then last night my ankles started swelling and it hasnt gone down...low platelets as well making me now wonder if i am on the road to pre E on top of everything else. my blood pressure i think is the only thing saving me and the baby at this time since its so low nobody will ever diagnose pre e...at doctor on friday it was 100/50
    Hi Burakoam, I have had a very stubborn case of Graves' disease for a few years and conceived and gave birth to both my daughters during that time. I haven't checked for nodules in almost a year. Swelling on my neck developed after my DD1 and has been there ever since. Last check there was no nodules. My cousin found out she had several nodules during her pregnancy and was told that it is very unlikely that her nodule would ever become cancerous. She gave birth about 2 years ago and her thyroid has since resolved itself. There is a thyroid forum that I found very helpful on baby centre. You will find a lot of advice and support there. You can post your thyroid results there and the forum leaders are very quick to help. Wishing you the best in your pregnancy.

12. Thanks Burakoam, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much 2pink, i will be lurking/joining over there.. i looked all over and must have missed that section/thread..thank goodness. Again, cant thank you enough.

With graves for you was it just your TSH? I think they suspect graves at this point because my TSH isnt just low but continuously dropping..
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast