Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a Boy! 5 years later...

I get it, I do but I just wonder how far they took it. I think that is a bunch of bull about the toys that you give your kids defining them. We've hardly bought anything for DS, he has the same toys as the girls, and he plays with them totally differently.

Why is it okay to have the child be your own personal social experiment?

I wonder at what point wearing the girl's blouse will yield ridicule from his peers and how that will affect him going forward.

Couple Finally Reveals Child's Gender, Five Years After Birth | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I used to think that way too until I bought my sons a Barbie and she ended up naked on the floor with her head ripped off in 30 seconds after opening the box. never played with her again.

little boys like their baby doll tho - if you hold it by the leg it makes a really excellent club for beating on things!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Each to their own but that's a bit extreme.
    While the school requires different uniforms for boys and girls, Sasha wears a girl's blouse with his pants.
    WOW !!!

I wonder how this guy is going to feel when he is older ?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember reading the article about the other baby, Storm, when he/she (I am sure it was a HE) was born. I think it is ridiculous and would get exhausting trying to hide your kid's gender! I think it is great if you want to buy your son a doll, or let him wear pink if he likes it. But EVERYONE has a gender, so it seems to me that it would be harder on the child to keep that a secret. Right?

When my son was able to pick his own toys (at about a year old), he ALWAYS went for cars. At Target, he would get super excited when we went down the Hotwheels aisle. That had nothing to do with me buying him stereotypical toys; it was what he preferred. I don't think people are doing their children a disservice by letting them play with things they like, even if they are toys typically assigned to their gender.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad that never happened to me, i do see dress up photos from when i as a kid, in my brothers and dads stuff, but that was private play time in my house, my mum would never have paraded me around like that, how embarassing for him.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Personally I think this is wrong. I read the "storm" story too, and thought that was ridiculous. Our gender is part of who we are regardless of stereotypes.
    18 15 11
    Wishing and praying for just one more baby FX for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think it's great to let your son wear pink if he wants--heck my husband loves wearing pink and purple (and for those abroad it is actually semi-in in the US) but to take it this far seems crazy. Let the kid pick what he wants to wear and play with--I read this and just thought poor kid. I was a tomboy growing up and my parents let me do as many sports as I wanted to. I hated pink and never wore it and legos were my favorite toy. Those were all my choices though--and my parents clearly never stopped me. If my son is going to be into girly things--so be it but it will have to be his choice. We'll start him out in tons of blue and sports (poor kid coming from two huge sports nuts).
    (born March, 2012)--IVF at RMANY (no GS for first one since no real preference-said we'd do it for second one)--23 eggs--12 fertilized with ICSI--1 frozen

March/April 2013--SIRM NY--23 eggs, 15 embryos, 2 girls transferred, 1 girl and 1 unknown (only 4 celled at day 3 so no biopsy) frozen. BFP on HPT at 6dp5dt, Beta at 8dp5dt=70, Beta at 10dp5dt=216 , 1 hb at 6 weeks, ob appt at 7w2d--wow it's twins!!! CVS--2 HEALTHY GIRLS! Our twin girls were born 6 weeks early, but doing fabulously and we are so in love!! Our family is complete!!!

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never understood this moms and dads doing this to their kid, I am sorry but its seems so worng, you can teach you kid and open their world up to many things but dressing them in girls/boys isnt right to me

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kerribug! Can't believe your babies are a year!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all I can say to this is 'poor child!'
    08 09 12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast