Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDashwood View Post
    Hi everyone,

Very interesting hearing how it is all impacting you. It’s so sad it has take a hold like this.

I’m essential services so I am literally the busiest I’ve ever been at work. It’s a strange feeling.

We were going to try now but I just added private hospital to our insurance for birth and they told us it has a waiting period so we can’t start trying until late June/early July now.

If we didn’t have the insurance thing going on I’d thinking about postponing trying this month.

I feel for you all.

It’s such a tough time and the thought of taking up a hospital bed/going to a hospital and potentially bringing something in or out is such a sad thing to think about. Then again, our children are our future so I guess maybe we shouldn’t let it impact all of us.

Another thing I’ve thought of is once this slows down there will be a baby boom potentially as people may be putting off trying and then lots of trying at once? We live in a small city and the maternity wards are small - I wonder if there will be a big baby boom that means they’d need to expand/cope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The good news is for the most part the obstetrics units will be far removed from covid patients, sometimes even in a different building, but I do suspect we'll be seeing more homebirths in the UK and other places where it's more commonplace. Stay safe Mrs. D!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulila View Post
    We live in Spain and here it's hitting us very hard. I am due tomorrow with DS3, and for the first time I'm going over due date. We've been lockdown for nearly 2 weeks and can't go out except for groceries (1 member) or going to work if your essential services. It's quite depressing and having to face postpartum with this situation is not anyone's dream. It's been a hard pregnancy for me already with gender disappointment and I was hoping to connect with the baby these last weeks... and I can only think about how weird all of this is. Luckily in our city/county there's not as many cases as in bigger cities, bit it's still scary having to go to hospital.

Hopefully all this will end up being something to tell to our grandchildren in a future. My best wishes for all. Xxx

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    I am so worried about my swayers in the places that are the hardest hit like Italy and Spain - prayers and wishes of good health for you all!!!

4. Likes tillytys, Noemi2017 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh gosh tillys, are you feeling ok today?? So scary!!
    I am completely fine now AS, thankyou. I had/have convinced myself that I have been showing mild symptoms, a weird feeling in the middle of my cheswt one evening, waking with a 100%dry mouth a few nights before, then the hot cheekd for a few evenings in a row, but Im wondering if I actually had sunburn! Insane as it sounds, the sun has come out in the UK so I have been taking the kids out the front for their 15 minutes and sitting in the garden with them, did I just catch the sun! What an idiot! But this thing gets in your head so bad. They have moved my scan to the 1st of April which as long as I show no more signs of CV/sunburn! I will probably try and go to.

I believe they have stopped home births and partners in delivery rooms at some hospitals in the UK.

Good luck Lulila with your delivery! Please post some pics of your gorgeous boy to bring some smiles to us all

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    I am completely fine now AS, thankyou. I had/have convinced myself that I have been showing mild symptoms, a weird feeling in the middle of my cheswt one evening, waking with a 100%dry mouth a few nights before, then the hot cheekd for a few evenings in a row, but Im wondering if I actually had sunburn! Insane as it sounds, the sun has come out in the UK so I have been taking the kids out the front for their 15 minutes and sitting in the garden with them, did I just catch the sun! What an idiot! But this thing gets in your head so bad. They have moved my scan to the 1st of April which as long as I show no more signs of CV/sunburn! I will probably try and go to.

I believe they have stopped home births and partners in delivery rooms at some hospitals in the UK.

Good luck Lulila with your delivery! Please post some pics of your gorgeous boy to bring some smiles to us all
    We don't have home births but they have stopped partners in delivery rooms, ultrasounds and any check in all places. Big thought to all the women who will have to face difficult pregnancies and births all alone.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post

Oh no trust me I am having the same thing happen!! I have this thing called "histamine intolerance" and so sometimes when I eat foods I have a kind of allergic reaction to them, in my throat and my cheeks get hot, so I have been convinced about 50 times the past 3 weeks I have it!!

I wish they would come up with a test to tell us when people HAVE had it as a lot of people end up with really mild symptoms.

8. Thanks tillytys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    We don't have home births but they have stopped partners in delivery rooms, ultrasounds and any check in all places. Big thought to all the women who will have to face difficult pregnancies and births all alone.
    Oh gosh that's rough - I'm sorry to hear that. Stay strong.

10. Thanks Sora thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh no trust me I am having the same thing happen!! I have this thing called "histamine intolerance" and so sometimes when I eat foods I have a kind of allergic reaction to them, in my throat and my cheeks get hot, so I have been convinced about 50 times the past 3 weeks I have it!!

I wish they would come up with a test to tell us when people HAVE had it as a lot of people end up with really mild symptoms.
    This made me laugh, between us and our sunburn and allergies no wonder the health services are struggling!!

And yes!! hurry up with the tests! (I know they are trying their absolute hardest )

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all. It's the first time I've gone over my due date, and no symptoms of it happening soon. So weird. I must be scaring him. Here they were thinking about not allowing a partner in birth room... I hope he comes before they decide that. If it's all going to be so weird wearing masks and so, I hope that at least i can have DH with me. I'll keep you informed

I hope you're all doing well with lockdown and that your families are safe. Xxx

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Luliia, wishing you a healthy and safe birth and that you and baby are in good health!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UK ladies, the RCOG have stepped in
    All Women are now allowed to have a birth partner with them throughout labour (this includes inductions) and delivery.
    Most hospitals are still denying birth partners access to the postnatal ward, but you can opt to go straight home from the delivery room.
    now 6blue5pink

17. Likes tillytys liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast