Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    4b2p, my last 2, were long and painful. The older one I got to the point I thought I would be delivering at, 3-4 hrs gas and air, asked to be checked, told I was 3cm!? Was sure I was at the pushing stage, clearly in my head the midwife was wrong! They started the drip, friggin painful despite being told its only on low, went through the night to 8cm, asked for epidural which went 'high', whilst epidural kicking in asked for a drink, midwife held the cup as i was shaky, started drinking realised my throat muscles wasnt working, couldnt speak with the water, starting to be laid down, I was friggin starting to drown on the delivery bed! How man people have drowned on a delivery bed! Started to try and blow the water out of my mouth panic stricken. The Dr realised and started to touch different areas on me asking if I could feel it, I whispered no, until she got to my forehead, i had feeling in my forehead, great, always useful C section followed, freaked me out. Coming home the next day with my shameful c/s was a whole other head mess.

Next delivery started the same (surprise baby, not planned) worn out, no progress, turns out midwife last time was spot on, no longer able to progress as in previous births. Asked for epidural which went perfect, still had movement, no pain. but! It turns out that the left side of my uterus doesnt contract anymore, so on my hourly checks the midwifes literally had to push it back over babies head with the surgeon stood in the background with time limits on progress, if no progression in one hour you are in kind of thing, luckily natural delivery, room full of people, midwifes, drs, students

It will be the same this time, trying to deliver with a semi useless uterus. When you have epidural you need a member of staff with you all the the, what if no staff! no epidural! I will be screaming the place down and freaking my DD out On a positive note I will be seeing if their bath helps and trying to be in the water

Sorry for long post but I needed to get this out, it has me totally confused, shall I just book for a smooth section? Dont really want one as need to look after the kids the next day, hate asking for help
    Oh my god Tilly youve been through some hellish experiences! Im so sorry you had that terrifying epidural experience why had they put it in so high??
    Honestly im surprised they arent trying to make you plan a c-section.. would you be able to cope with them doing all the interventions they will need to do without an epidural? (assuming your uterus doesnt contract again) It sounds like it would be agonising and will they let you be in water if they need to do all that for you? I have a feeling given your last 2 births that you might be told you have to be on the bed.
    Im really sorry you felt your c-section was shameful do you think you would feel more positive about a planned one if you went that route? I totally understand having to look after the kids right after im the same, have the baby and crack on like normal, no time off or special treatment.
    What have the midwives said to you about it so far?
    now 6blue5pink

2. Likes tillytys, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Havent mentioned anything to midwife yet but due to see her in 2 weeks, I have a load of scans and consultant appointments booked but will be asking to cancel them all apart from 1 consultant appointment, I was going to ask him to let me have a sweep at 39 weeks, usually go over, so slightly less worn out and slightly smaller might be a help?

And exactly with the hope of the bath, it may not be aloud! I think if things start, I will go in, try for the bath and hopefully portable gas and air? if not just ask for the epidural early as then it would save time/stress for all later? Ugh, we will see

I think they put it in the water surrounding the spine and the liquid travelled 'high'? They told me the term after i had been discharged, they phoned to see if I was ok and explain what happened, I dont think it was a normal thing to happen?

I've also just started to see posted about that appointments and consultant appointments are starting to be done over the phone.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    Havent mentioned anything to midwife yet but due to see her in 2 weeks, I have a load of scans and consultant appointments booked but will be asking to cancel them all apart from 1 consultant appointment, I was going to ask him to let me have a sweep at 39 weeks, usually go over, so slightly less worn out and slightly smaller might be a help?

And exactly with the hope of the bath, it may not be aloud! I think if things start, I will go in, try for the bath and hopefully portable gas and air? if not just ask for the epidural early as then it would save time/stress for all later? Ugh, we will see

I think they put it in the water surrounding the spine and the liquid travelled 'high'? They told me the term after i had been discharged, they phoned to see if I was ok and explain what happened, I dont think it was a normal thing to happen?

I've also just started to see posted about that appointments and consultant appointments are starting to be done over the phone.
    Id bring it up with your midwife next time you see her, with things as disrupted as they are i think planning ahead is the best option
    Sorry to ask this it is personal but are you classed as high risk? im only asking because if you are hospitals generally wont let you use a birthpool which would take that option off the table
    If they wont allow pool etc.. you can ask for an early epidural to be planned for you so they know to get it in as soon as you arrive, they might even be able to do the bloods for it at your last midwife appointment so you dont have to do them on the day making the whole thing quicker!

it sounds awful were you able to move at all? thank god you and baby were both ok.

Yeah appointments over the phone seems to be becoming the normal way of doing things now unless its urgent or you need to have blood tests etc done so need to physically be there.
    now 6blue5pink

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh that's terrifying Tillys - that happened to my younger sister as well only not anywhere near to such an extent!! so thankful you're ok and praying that everything goes smoothly this time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Just popping around to say DS3 was born last Saturday, 4/4/20, at 41+3 weeks. I never had gone over due date, so it was a bit stressful. We had an induction scheduled the day after but he was good and listen to mummy. I have to say that we are very happy and although it has been a tough time with GD now it's something I'm not bothered about. (Especially after pushing a 9pd baby out with no meds). I still think we will try to sway at the start of next year, but I've kind of come to peace with our lives and after all this pandemic thing it makes me wonder if its responsible to bring more children to this world, it kind of scares me. Anyway, we'll see what the outcome is. In our case we have a good entertainment for this lockdown.
    I hope you are all doing well and keeping safe. xxx

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes tillytys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats Lu!!!

12. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats amazing news Lulila!!!, enjoy every second of the little? blessing

14. Thanks Lulila thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hows everyone getting on in lockdown? I cant get near the computer or my phone for love nor money with everyone in and running a rota on them I'm typing really quietly incase they hear me and chuck me off! Its been ok here, had one really ugly bust up last week but it kind of cleared the air a bit, food is fine, weather has been good UK and we have a garden and empty woods a stone throw away to walk the dogs in, its just passing on the stairs thats the problem Fingers crossed for a breakthrough soon for everyone

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I had to go to the post office and store for Easter and now I've convinced myself I'm getting sick again. Probably just paranoia, but a prayer or two would be welcome! There are only 2 known cases in my whole county, and both of them were not spread to others, and I can't imagine having such bad luck getting ill after not having been anywhere in 2 months but still feeling very nervous this morning!

18. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS, how are you doing? Prayers sent and if not needed now to have on tap for when needed

Health of everyone is still fine here, my DD wrote her car off (is this the same term internationally?) hit a parked car, no one injured but gave her the shock of her life, it was an essential journey as she is till working, local council. Two more accidents in the near area of there in the days after, lack of concentration in drivers atm? I am finding where I am only driving once a week it is feeling strange to me getting behind the wheel each time?

20. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast