Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is good news It takes the worry from the mothers and frees up the staff's time on the labor ward if they are stretched. My eldest DD(21) wants to come in for this birth, my last 2 births were really ugly so to help free the staff it will be good if shes there as I envision another long situation but to watch your mum in major distress no matter how tough a cookie DD is, wont be easy. We will cross that bridge when it comes!

When I am seeing these young men getting ill from CV they seem to be all the chubby ones. I will delete this thread later as he will go mad if he reads it Im going shopping later and will be making a conscious effort to not buy too many snacks, we have a bit of money atm, 1 job out of last 4 has finally paid but hats another story, so I think I will concentrate on better foods, meat, fruit, nuts over quick grab snacks

How is everyone? Hows the being indoors? tbh I'm actually enjoying it but am probably in the minority
    Last edited by tillytys; April 1st, 2020 at 02:47 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lulila, any baby!!bigsmile:

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh no Walker - I hope you and your charges are able to avoid the virus!! I'm so sorry to hear of your IVF having to be postponed.
    It is a bit disappointing, I am not really young you see, 44 and counting! But I guess we shouldn't think about things we have no control of.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    Walker our neighbour works in an old peoples home and some of their staff have took up temporary live in positions and they have literally shut the doors! I think that was an excellent idea of them to offer the ones that can the over time plus protecting the residents.

AS Im the same over here, generally in doors with the kids which is good news for the essential workers as they dont have the worry of childcare and continued social gathering for the children. My DH isnt essential worker so will be able to lock down with us.

Our PM had has declared 3 weeks of everything closing here in the UK but what Im reading is that things like car dealerships are still opening? I doubt they are going to have alot of people strolling through, I think it needs a police military presence before people take it seriously.

I am also cancelling my 20 week scan today as my cheeks feel hot and my DD (12) was getting sick this morning, just not worth bringing anything out or in.
    That's a bit concerning, how are you feeling now @tillytys? I'm afraid we are going towards that route with work. Management is giving us the option to choose. We're still considering it with DH. That means he will be alone in the house. But then again that is like I'm a soldier afraid of war and neglecting my duty now isn't it?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulila View Post
    Thank you all. It's the first time I've gone over my due date, and no symptoms of it happening soon. So weird. I must be scaring him. Here they were thinking about not allowing a partner in birth room... I hope he comes before they decide that. If it's all going to be so weird wearing masks and so, I hope that at least i can have DH with me. I'll keep you informed

I hope you're all doing well with lockdown and that your families are safe. Xxx

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Good luck! Don't forget to give us updates!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    UK ladies, the RCOG have stepped in
    All Women are now allowed to have a birth partner with them throughout labour (this includes inductions) and delivery.
    Most hospitals are still denying birth partners access to the postnatal ward, but you can opt to go straight home from the delivery room.
    Good news!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tillytys View Post
    This is good news It takes the worry from the mothers and frees up the staff's time on the labor ward if they are stretched. My eldest DD(21) wants to come in for this birth, my last 2 births were really ugly so to help free the staff it will be good if shes there as I envision another long situation but to watch your mum in major distress no matter how tough a cookie DD is, wont be easy. We will cross that bridge when it comes!

My other current CV worry is DS1 (19) he is overweight. When I am seeing these young men getting ill from CV they seem to be all the chubby ones. I will delete this thread later as he will go mad if he reads it Im going shopping later and will be making a conscious effort to not buy too many snacks, we have a bit of money atm, 1 job out of last 4 has finally paid but hats another story, so I think I will concentrate on better foods, meat, fruit, nuts over quick grab snacks

How is everyone? Hows the being indoors? tbh I'm actually enjoying it but am probably in the minority
    It is really good banning them caused so much upset. Thats great that your DD wants to be there! If you dont mind me asking why were the births ugly? Are you wanting to go natural or would an epidural be an option so you can at least rest if it goes on for a long time? Having adult children will be such a help when baby gets here

Im enjoying life at this slower pace too. Just having chilled days at home and not having to rush around to all the sports and clubs the kids normally do is nice.
    now 6blue5pink

10. Likes atomic sagebrush, tillytys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also nearly crazed with worry over my chubby son for the same reason!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my 20 week scan today Baby healthy and confirmed blue It was strange in there, about 10 other ladies all on chairs spaced apart, no noise, all facing the same way, free pics and free parking so that was handy. I was in quite quick and ticked off everything that needed looking at, on the way out a young mum in tears being comforted and told 'baby may have been holding their cord' Hopefully it was a bit of a low heart beat and everything was ok when they put her on the monitor, of course no husband or mum to be able to comfort her.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4b2p, my last 2, were long and painful. The older one I got to the point I thought I would be delivering at, 3-4 hrs gas and air, asked to be checked, told I was 3cm!? Was sure I was at the pushing stage, clearly in my head the midwife was wrong! They started the drip, friggin painful despite being told its only on low, went through the night to 8cm, asked for epidural which went 'high', whilst epidural kicking in asked for a drink, midwife held the cup as i was shaky, started drinking realised my throat muscles wasnt working, couldnt speak with the water, starting to be laid down, I was friggin starting to drown on the delivery bed! How man people have drowned on a delivery bed! Started to try and blow the water out of my mouth panic stricken. The Dr realised and started to touch different areas on me asking if I could feel it, I whispered no, until she got to my forehead, i had feeling in my forehead, great, always useful C section followed, freaked me out. Coming home the next day with my shameful c/s was a whole other head mess.

Next delivery started the same (surprise baby, not planned) worn out, no progress, turns out midwife last time was spot on, no longer able to progress as in previous births. Asked for epidural which went perfect, still had movement, no pain. but! It turns out that the left side of my uterus doesnt contract anymore, so on my hourly checks the midwifes literally had to push it back over babies head with the surgeon stood in the background with time limits on progress, if no progression in one hour you are in kind of thing, luckily natural delivery, room full of people, midwifes, drs, students

It will be the same this time, trying to deliver with a semi useless uterus. When you have epidural you need a member of staff with you all the the, what if no staff! no epidural! I will be screaming the place down and freaking my DD out On a positive note I will be seeing if their bath helps and trying to be in the water

Sorry for long post but I needed to get this out, it has me totally confused, shall I just book for a smooth section? Dont really want one as need to look after the kids the next day, hate asking for help
    Last edited by tillytys; April 1st, 2020 at 03:40 PM.

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast