Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coronavirus - Anyone want to chat

I know the talk is everywhere and many may be sick of hearing about it I thought I would start a thread incase anybody else just wanted to calmy chat

We are UK and have now been recommended to stay in, I have food in the cupboards for about a week and Im not worried about the shops running out. The kids are all off and I think I will set up a rota for playing on the pc as mine love roblox and minecraft I hope we can get this thing under control quickly and look after our front line people.

2. Thanks johniplayer26 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in Washington State where we've had lots of cases and deaths already, sadly. I'm holed up at home (not too different for me really, since I homeschool while I work anyway) My husband has to go to work because he's essential services. Worrying about my parents and all you lovely ladies - please be careful and wishing you all the best of health!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in Brisbane and it seems our government has just getting started at realizing how serious this matter is. I'm a nurse and I work at an old folks home so we are really worried. Back home it's just me and my husband, but his family from a previous marriage are keeping in touch. I guess all talk about IVF will be shelved for now. Much as I hate it. We have to concentrate on fighting this thing and getting by while trying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Walker - I hope you and your charges are able to avoid the virus!! I'm so sorry to hear of your IVF having to be postponed.

7. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Walker our neighbour works in an old peoples home and some of their staff have took up temporary live in positions and they have literally shut the doors! I think that was an excellent idea of them to offer the ones that can the over time plus protecting the residents.

AS Im the same over here, generally in doors with the kids which is good news for the essential workers as they dont have the worry of childcare and continued social gathering for the children. My DH isnt essential worker so will be able to lock down with us.

Our PM had has declared 3 weeks of everything closing here in the UK but what Im reading is that things like car dealerships are still opening? I doubt they are going to have alot of people strolling through, I think it needs a police military presence before people take it seriously.

I am also cancelling my 20 week scan today as my cheeks feel hot and my DD (12) was getting sick this morning, just not worth bringing anything out or in.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh tillys, are you feeling ok today?? So scary!!

11. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in Finland. People are asked to stay in, avoid traveling, no groups bigger than 10.. You're not allowed to go in restaurants or coffee shops, libraries etc. One person has died. Now they are planning on setting up a curfew.
    People are hoarding groceries and medicines. And are getting laid off from their works, like I did.

Coronavirus is fatal to my husband and we have been quite scared and stayed at home for 2 weeks already.
    My husband just said that we should put our baby making plan on hold which is very disappointing.

13. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone,

Very interesting hearing how it is all impacting you. It’s so sad it has take a hold like this.

I’m essential services so I am literally the busiest I’ve ever been at work. It’s a strange feeling.

We were going to try now but I just added private hospital to our insurance for birth and they told us it has a waiting period so we can’t start trying until late June/early July now.

If we didn’t have the insurance thing going on I’d thinking about postponing trying this month.

I feel for you all.

It’s such a tough time and the thought of taking up a hospital bed/going to a hospital and potentially bringing something in or out is such a sad thing to think about. Then again, our children are our future so I guess maybe we shouldn’t let it impact all of us.

Another thing I’ve thought of is once this slows down there will be a baby boom potentially as people may be putting off trying and then lots of trying at once? We live in a small city and the maternity wards are small - I wonder if there will be a big baby boom that means they’d need to expand/cope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We live in Spain and here it's hitting us very hard. I am due tomorrow with DS3, and for the first time I'm going over due date. We've been lockdown for nearly 2 weeks and can't go out except for groceries (1 member) or going to work if your essential services. It's quite depressing and having to face postpartum with this situation is not anyone's dream. It's been a hard pregnancy for me already with gender disappointment and I was hoping to connect with the baby these last weeks... and I can only think about how weird all of this is. Luckily in our city/county there's not as many cases as in bigger cities, bit it's still scary having to go to hospital.

Hopefully all this will end up being something to tell to our grandchildren in a future. My best wishes for all. Xxx

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

17. Likes atomic sagebrush, tillytys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipi View Post
    I'm in Finland. People are asked to stay in, avoid traveling, no groups bigger than 10.. You're not allowed to go in restaurants or coffee shops, libraries etc. One person has died. Now they are planning on setting up a curfew.
    People are hoarding groceries and medicines. And are getting laid off from their works, like I did.

Coronavirus is fatal to my husband and we have been quite scared and stayed at home for 2 weeks already.
    My husband just said that we should put our baby making plan on hold which is very disappointing.
    Oh no Tipi, I'm so sorry to hear that...I hope they find a treatment for it very soon!

19. Thanks Tipi thanked for this post
    Likes tillytys liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast