Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwill

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Goodwill

Love it! Can't believe I haven't checked it out before.

Last weekend, I went there just to see what they had. We have a few huge Goodwill stores around the metro area. I went to one in an $$$ zipcode and I found a new BMX 20 inch bike for $30! I thought that was great for my DD. Took it to the check out, and the lady tells me that because the tab has a "G" on it, the item is HALF OFF! $15 brand new bike! P.H.E.N.O.M.I.N.A.L.! Also got a Radio Flyer tricycle for $9.99 for DD3! It looks brand new too!

Loved GW so much, went to another one this weekend and just love looking at the stuff! I know people are "pickers" and sell items on ebay that they find there but I don't know what to look for yet. I am going to make it a habit of going from now on just to see what I might find!

The used bras gross me out though. I think I would get a second job before I did that.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love it!

MS/PGD/IVF OHW

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is awesome isn't it! I love thrift stores.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I got a desk at Goodwill that was originally from IKEA and a 12 piece storage bin thing from there. I am officially addicted!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I am still trying to loose my baby weight, I refuse to buy full price clothing being the clothing is temporary. I got a blue turtleneck sweater for $4.00 (old navy) in perfect condition. I get my children clothing there for like $1.00 for each piece of clothing. I got my older daughter 2 beautiful sweaters that they sell at Macys. I went to another thrift store and got her Calverichi (not sure of spelling) jeans. They are a little short but when she wears those jeans I have her wear them when she is wearing her boots.

I bought a toy there for the baby for $1.50 by sassy. I realize when I got home that when I looked it up online, it was missing the plunge. So I wrote the company an e-mail and they sent me that piece in the mail in 2 days free of charge.

One more- I bought all of my maternity clothing at Unique (which now closed down in my area) and my maternity jeans were Gap, Old Navy and more for like $5.00 each. They would have cost me $30.00 and over in the stores.

Right now, especially that we are trying to put a set amount in the bank to save for a pgd, cycle I mainly shop thrift.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I pretty much love Goodwill! The children's clothing selection at mine has not been as good as it usually is as of late, but I still check it out periodically. Women's clothing I can find brand new skirts and such for only a few dollars. You just can't beat it. I've also found good bikes at Goodwill for the kiddos... and we got four really nice wooden chairs for our dining room table for $24 - look like they came with the table and chairs (we needed more chairs for all our kids hehe)!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We used to go all the time in my hometown. The one near us now never has anything. The good one is all the way across town and I rarely need to go that far since there are duplicate stores on our side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goodwill IS awesome! I always donate all of my girl's outgrown clothes (and mine) that are always in good condition, then I look for new stuff....it's like a clothes swap! Which, by the way, is an excellent girl's night thing to do. I just went to one that was a charity fundraiser for March of Dimes, and you paid $10, brought 3 items of clothing in good condition, put them on the rack of your size, then take 3 items with you. LOVED it. My friends and I want to start doing that on the regular and start a Swap Group here in my city.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just went to another thrift shop in my area. Got a red New York and Co. sweater. It was $1.00. I had to get another shirt along with it.

I will not go back to this shop though beause it was wayyyyyyyyy toooooo chatty for me and tiny store. But did get a good deal.
    2003 2006 May 2010 (My VBA2C baby)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is hard to find any good boy stuff at goodwill at least clothing from my experience. Maybe b/c boys wear them out so quickly?? Not sure. You do have to have time and patience to find something which is not on my side with 3 little boys in tow. I used to shop there in college and loved it. Maybe someday I will get to go back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast