Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1865
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks girls Urgh this journey sure sucks sometimes! So many people never even contemplate what we are going through, I wish I was one of them! I nearly went back to look again, but I'm going to do it at 16 weeks, and do it as close to the end of my shift as possible as all I want to do right now is crawl into my youngest sons bed and snuggle up with him and squeeze him and smell his smell.. and now I'm crying again!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My scan is mid October I think...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW I like your avatar dream of pink... I am contemplating home schooling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappypixi View Post
    I weakened early and tried to see a nub tonight, I think I did, I think it's a boy. I feel a bit sick and stupid for looking, I could have kept on the blissful thought that maybe, just maybe, it was a girl. It's so not :'(
    I thought i saw a boy nub at 12 weeks and a willy at the 22 week scan. I am having a girl. Obviously there is no way of my knowing what you are having but just wanted to say that I thought I knew my stuff - have guessed soooo many people's nubs correctly but when it came to my own ......

Unless a qualified tech tells you what they think at a later you really are just going on a hunch. Huge hugs.
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thehappixi, I don't think you should count yourself out yet. But I do know just how you feel. I am also really wavering between finding out or not at my anatomy scan on the 16th... I don't want to miss out on all the fun preparation if it IS a girl! But I'm not sure I'm ready to let go of not knowing if it is a boy. I wish there were some way to find out only if it's a girl, but keep it a surprise if it's a boy.

I also know how you feel about thinking you've burst your bubble of happy ignorance. I over-analyzed a nub shot at 11 weeks and was sure it was a boy. I took it hard. But then I realized that 11 weeks is just silly-early, and it wasn't even a decent nub shot. Now I'm back to thinking I have pretty equal chances either way, and I think the experience may even have softened my GD a little... Instead of using my not-knowing as an excuse to mostly picture a girl, with GD lurking if it's not, now I'm pretty much equally picturing it being a boy and really envisioning being okay with that. This whole uncertainty thing, while being hard due to curiosity, is much, much softer than what I had last time -- an unexpected, unchangeable, unwelcome XY verdict at 14 weeks. Right now, I'm just enjoying feeling the kicks of my genderless baby, and I think that will really help me bond with it if it's a boy. But... if it isn't, I could be knitting sweet things for her right now instead of sticking to unisex... help, I'm wavering!

FWIW, add me to the clubs of feeling fat and having a REALLY hard time finding a boy name I like! Isn't it crazy how you can find about a zillion girl names that you could live with, and at least a dozen you love, and additionally you can make one up and not worry too much about scarring her for life? But for a boy, the pickings are so slim! I'm beginning to think I already used the only "perfect" one out there on DS1!

And the weight issue... Ugh. I just spent three weeks with family and friends (thus my absence here) and we ate out quite a lot. I don't even want to step on a scale for fear I've used up most of my allotted weight gain already. I could still fit into non-maternity clothes, with a few adaptions, before I left. Now that is totally out of the question, but as much for the rest of me as for my belly, ick! I'm only 5'2" so even five extra pounds shows on me like crazy. And it didn't help that I kept seeing "perfect" bumps while away... Those lucky ladies with muscly arms who you can't tell are pregnant until they turn and you see the perfect basketball in their belly. Jealous!

I'll write more later... I'm trying to get to bed early and failing miserably...
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappypixi View Post
    BTW I like your avatar dream of pink... I am contemplating home schooling
    I am definitely leaning that way right now, too!
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Niva View Post
    I am definitely leaning that way right now, too!
    Home-education's fab & we love it. Although right now as we're packing up our house getting ready to buy our new one (& hopefully sell this one after a long summer of being messed around) it would be great to have somewhere to send them each day Seriously though, I LOVE having our boys at home, knowing that they're learning at their very own rate. Ds1 was very prem so I always feared that he'd take a while to catch up with his peers & be labeled. He is a slower learner than ds2 so I feel vindicated in a way but I'm not sure exactly how much is down to confidence & personality.

How did you ladies hear about home-ed?

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; September 6th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking we didn't need anything for this baby, but after spending the last few days sorting out the attic with DH it was great hearing him tell me to go out & buy some new things! I like to get as much use out of things as possible so am not keen on buying new things, but I'm starting to see the benefit of a big-ish age gap & moving house right now!

Does anyone have experience of one of these wooden highchairs that turns into a chair for a child/young adult? I'm thinking it'd be good to try one of those this time especially as it's easier to keep clean than the traditional padded highchair with all the nooks & crannies for food to hide in.

2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    I was thinking we didn't need anything for this baby, but after spending the last few days sorting out the attic with DH it was great hearing him tell me to go out & buy some new things! I like to get as much use out of things as possible so am not keen on buying new things, but I'm starting to see the benefit of a big-ish age gap & moving house right now!

Does anyone have experience of one of these wooden highchairs that turns into a chair for a child/young adult? I'm thinking it'd be good to try one of those this time especially as it's easier to keep clean than the traditional padded highchair with all the nooks & crannies for food to hide in.

I have a few friends with the wood high chairs, and they all love them! They have different sized rubber inserts for different ages, so the chair doesn't feel too hard for the kid. I'd definitely get one if I hadn't gone and bought a different one for ds1 last year.

I found out about home-ed from my Mom, lol... She did it with me as a kid. I always thought it was the best possible thing she could have done for us (me and my brother), but I never thought I'd want to do it myself because I saw how much it took out of her. Now, there seems to be no better option... The public schools here are completely awful and the private ones are just too expensive. And I've found a good friend here who is thinking of doing it with her two girls, so we want to eventually form a little group where we can trade off teaching days every week. My DS is only 2.5 right now so formal schooling is a ways off, but I feel like I'm already doing so much with him that actual home ed will be an easy next step when the time comes.

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happypixi - Oh, I so know how you feel! But, really, it IS too early. I have seriously seen some VERY boy-looking nubs that are girls. But 16 weeks is perfect. Should be clear by then. Try not to be too discouraged...you're not out!

Dream - I totally went shopping today! I didn't have much time, unfortunately, would have loved to linger a little more. Got some cute boy stuff, and am glad that this little one will be born in the winter months, so I can do even more shopping!

Niva - I like your attitude of picturing both equally. It's exciting either way! I know you're team green, but when is your scan again?

AFM - Doing ok at the moment, I seem to be feeling somewhat better about everything. I know that God's plan for me is perfect, better than what I could come up with! There is no doubt in my mind that this little boy is meant for our family and will be such a special addition.
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast