Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1865
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just say 'either would be lovely, if its another boy I get to be the only girl in the family which is pretty special, and if its a girl I'll have a little girl companion. So long as they are healthy, that's all I care about'. Good Luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Niva View Post
    Rainbow -- thank you for your vote of confidence!!! It has been keeping me up at night, the question of whether I'm making an irrational choice just in order to shut out the GD I know I'd feel if I thought DS2 was my last. But you are right, #3 should be a breeze because I simply won't mind whatever hardships she puts me through!

As for cravings, both times I've craved protein. Last time, I craved red meat. I was also hungry ALL the time. I gained 35 lbs. This time, I started the pregnancy craving dairy, mostly yogurt, milk, and cheese -- likely because of the LE diet -- and now I'm having an awfully hard time staying away from the baked goods. Trying to force myself to eat a balanced diet, but I'm still afraid of not passing the glucose test in 10 weeks... and I don't even want to step on a scale! I am 100% crossed over into maternity clothing at this point.

Wish this thread was still in the dream members section so we could share bump photos with a little more privacy. Mine has recently become its own entity!

Ha ha so has mine! I stepped on the scales yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that i was only my normal adult weight. Then i remembered that i had lost about 12kg on the LE diet LOL. Glucose test this week - any way of cheating?!!
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Niva View Post
    Meeks, just saw your post. I LOVE your choice of Lexi!!! My DS is named Leo, and we are leaning towards Alexander for this one, but would call him Alex (dh's choice) or Lex (my choice). I think Lexi is a very strong name.
    My DS1 name is Alexzander! DH threw the "z" into his name on his birth certificate and I've been irritated ever since because he has NOTHING with his real spelling on it! haha... even at school most teachers leave it out... it's going to cause mass confusion once he turns 18 and has legal documents spelled wrong... LMAO
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pixi - I've talked about this in the opposites thread, but I'll say it here too! If you say it first, no one can say anything you haven't said yourself, know what I mean? So I have said countless times "Yes I was very much hoping for a girl but I've got another rowdy boy on the way! My house is going to be crazy and fun and I can't imagine it any other way!" And most people smile, agree and move on. Because I have already said everything they were going to say! I also throw in "I will probably keep having children until I have a girl..." so that ends that question right there too.

If you acknowledge the elephant in the room, then people are somewhat relieved... it's a strange phenomenon. Meeks can attest to this... she read a comment I posted to my sister on FB yesterday about this exact thing! My sister drives me nuts sometimes LOL

Good luck at your party
    @ 9 wks
    DS - 2004 @ 32 wks
    DS1 - 2005
    DS2 - 2007
    DD - 2012 @ 14 wks
    DS3 - 2013

Baby is here! Born December 4th, 2013 So blessed to have 3 healthy, handsome boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charlee, I wish I had your brazen attitude! It's the confidence I lack in so don't sound like I mean it, probably because sometimes I don't I'm fine with people I don't know or those who knew nothing about my GD & sway. It's just those that knew about it who I have trouble with. In fact a lot of them don't even refer to the baby or my pregnancy. I know they feel awkward but I bet a fair few of them are thinking 'serves her right, thinking she could try & influence things!' Ah well, they are strangers to GD so tried their best to understand but I've learned to keep it to myself now. Besides I know I have a lot to learn from this LO and honestly can't wait to meet him!

Niva, my ds1's middle name is Alexander. It's a lovely name! We're definitely leaning towards Isaac for this one & I really love Amias for the middle name. It means 'loved' & also Maia was my chosen name for this one if he was a girl, so it's a kind of nod to that too.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Pixi - I've talked about this in the opposites thread, but I'll say it here too! If you say it first, no one can say anything you haven't said yourself, know what I mean? So I have said countless times "Yes I was very much hoping for a girl but I've got another rowdy boy on the way! My house is going to be crazy and fun and I can't imagine it any other way!" And most people smile, agree and move on. Because I have already said everything they were going to say! I also throw in "I will probably keep having children until I have a girl..." so that ends that question right there too.

If you acknowledge the elephant in the room, then people are somewhat relieved... it's a strange phenomenon. Meeks can attest to this... she read a comment I posted to my sister on FB yesterday about this exact thing! My sister drives me nuts sometimes LOL

Good luck at your party
    THAT WAS YOUR SISTER TELLING US NOT TO BLAME PREGNANCY FOR EVERY ISSUE? She's a bitch. IMHO. I had to restrain myself for the sake of piece!

Ps agree wholeheartedly with the above acknowledging the elephant thing. I also use this tactic when people start telling me I'm mad for having 3. Or I say "yes, I'm pregnant again, third and FINAL" which shuts down the how many will you have conversation before it starts. Questions annoy me!
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for being so spotty here this weekend....had to make the hubby work on his shed in between his shifts! Hard to do that....but someone has to crack the whip and not let him watch his tv shows!!!

Cravings Totally blaming baby for wanting maple walnut icecream, walnuts/pecans, cheesebread, steak!!!!

Bonus baby.....We all know that I cuddle him and thank God so much for making me wait for my girl, because my DS2 lights my world. Example...coming back from this last trip, he just wants me home and holding him....and when we were working on the shed, he came out just to give me more hugs and steal my pink coat to wear!!!!

Names/nicknames....Pick the name you want...don't let anyone bully you out of your fav. name. In fact, I refuse to say our girl choice to anyone, I wish that DH would not have allowed his sister to even see it once in print. Other than that, there is only a few people in this world who know her name. My boy name was Levi Orion this baby was called that by 4 weeks!!!

Charlee....If I had a hubby that was on board to keep on going til we "got the girl", I would totally be filling my van and house!! I hope that you, Dream, Mathilde, Rainbow, and Niva all enjoy your current little man, because your wee girls are next in line!!!!

AFM...I am waiting until Wed. with my MD until I really think more of this last appt in Vancouver. I am choosing to just enjoy her moving around and cuddles with my boys.
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post

Good luck at your party
    I like this approach, Charlee, and have used a variant of it. I don't say I'm disappointed outright, since that would just backfire and make me feel sorry for myself... But I make light of it and say "I was kind of hoping for a change of pace from all the trucks and construction vehicles, but who knows, maybe this new little one will have totally different interests from DS1. He'll have his very own temperament and personality, and I just can't wait to meet him!" And if they press, I admit that I would have liked to be able to go shopping for cute dresses, but DS1 has taught me that there's much more to children than just dressing them up -- and anyway, I make pretty darn cute boys! :P

I find that this is exactly what they expect to hear from me, so they don't need to dig any deeper. And if anyone starts talking about what I'm in for with a house full of boy traits, I can say that those traits aren't necessarily gender-specific. My DS is so much better behaved, considerate, calmer, and well-spoken than nearly all of the little girls his age that I know!

P.S. I think my extreme GD with DS1 was due to a lot of preconceptions about what boys are like, and DS1 has either proved them wrong or taught me to love those traits anyway. I still don't want to miss out on having a daughter, but having boys is NOT the second-place prize I thought it would be!
    DS is nearly 3 yo. Swayed for a , but we are absolutely delighted to be welcoming a , sweet little brother for DS.
    Jan: started LE diet. Feb & March: BFNs. Chemical in April.
    May: Appendicitis at 9dpo; hospital blood test was BFN.
    Absolutely shocked by a BFP after I got home from the appendectomy. Luckily, the pregnancy was not affected in any way by this early experience. He's a healthy, robust little one!

My Ovulation Chart
    for bfp cycle

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Niva, one look at your cutie on your avatar and most people would shut up if you said "if he is anything like his brother i will be thrilled" I mean who wouldn't be?
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was fine, got lots of congrats and didn't have to excuse myself for my fifth helping of pudding! Only got asked once if I was hoping for a girl, and I said not particularly as my boys are the most awesome creatures ever! Fou d it more irritating that everyone seemed more excited about my sister in laws pregnancy, because she found put at 13 weeks! LOL!

Page 186 of 187 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187 LastLast