Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamofpink I'm in the uk and for DS1 the midwife and I went through options for birth plan and then made one at one of my appointments. For DS2 I was left to write if myself, I presume it will be the same this time. There is an area in your notes for it where you can say what you do and don't want. They are very good at reading them here and will do everything they can to give you the birth you want... So... Be careful what you ask for! On both I said I wanted natural unmedicated births, this was fine for my first but I was induced second time and desperate for an epidural, there was so much hesitance because of what is put in my plan. :-) This time I will say I want to go natural but if I ask for an epidural I mean it!! Hehe!

I'm starting to think about labour now, its crazy! I'm coming up 30 weeks and that seems a bit strange, like the countdown is properly on. I'm nervous about delivery or that something will be wrong with the baby (I'm such a worrier), but I can't wait to meet my little girl and that fills me with excitement. Please can she be healthy and the delivery smooth!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all! Hope we're all well. Sorry been MIA for a while - can't believe some of you are on 30+ weeks already - where did the time go?!

Nothing to report here, on 2ww at the moment. Am due further blood tests at the end of November to see how they want to proceed as far as referral to hospital for repeated m/c. Have been told to carry on ttc as normal and see what happens until then. So very tempted not to bother testing unless I'm very late for AF.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies!

Tree - Yes, if you are at 30 weeks, the countdown is on for sure! I bet you are super excited to meet your little lady...how exciting! I keep getting this feeling when I see girl stuff, "One day..." And I really think I will have her one day.
    For now, I'm getting more excited to meet Ds4. I think it will only grow!

Dream - Good luck with closing on your house! We moved a year ago, so I have btdt, and it is no fun! I can't imagine doing it while pg...but you will do great! And I know you will be so happy to be settled when ds3 is born. Glad LO is happy in there...I know you are getting so excited to meet him! Crazy it's so soon!

Bunny - Good luck this month, you just might be preggo! I hope that you don't need all the bloodwork and testing, you never know when one will stick...praying it's soon for you!

AFM - Doing ok, no issues with baby...feeling a little more movement, but still not much. Grrr. Hoping it means he's laid back! God knows I need another like DS2!

In other news, my 94-year-old grandpa had a stroke this week, and it does not look like he's going to make it. He was married 60+ years before my grandma passed away 3 years ago...they have 5 kids and loads of grandkids and great-grandkids. Such a legacy my sweet grandpa is leaving. I got to talk to him on the phone today (he is 1700 miles away across the country), although he couldn't respond much...he did say a couple things, and I was so happy to be able to say goodbye and tell him how much I love him. Done some crying today, but I know I will see him again in heaven one day.
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myrainbowgirl.....I have this feeling that your DS4 is going to be a gentle echo of your grandpa...my DS2 is often teased by my dad as being just like my maternal grandpa (who passed away when I was 2.5). I feel a sense of pride and joy when he mentions it and while I think he can mean it in less than the nice way, my understanding from my mom and grandma is of a great, humble, hardworking sweet man who I will one day meet in Heaven. I have been trying to spend time with my grandma, she is near the end as well, and I will miss her greatly.

Bunnywabbit...I am keeping it all crossed for you!! I want you and all the oldtimers to be getting a great Thanksgiving (Canadian one next week) surprise and bfp!!!

Myhappypixi....lots of love and hugs for you! I know how it feels to be cheated out of saying goodbye to a grandma....and know that you must feel such loss. You are a great mommy....and you can honour your grandma by just being you!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Myhappypixi and Myrainbowgirl, I'm so sorry about your news. You are both in my thoughts xx

Iloveladybugs, I can't believe you're at 30 weeks already! Hoping you and bump are well.

How is everyone else doing? Pumpkin, TTCPink, have you had any luck? FX for little pink bundles soon... xx

AFM, I'm just going to be taking each cycle as they come and deal with whatever they throw at me. As bad as it sounds, I'm not sure if I'm more scared about becoming pregnant in case I lose it, or more scared about not being able to conceive.
    Last edited by bunnywabbit; October 19th, 2013 at 04:43 AM.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good evening ladies, am staying up a little late this evening and must go to bed soon, think I´m entering my 21 week Feeling more and more, he is most active around 1100 in the morning and 1700 in the afternoon and 2000 in the evening.
    Getting to terms with him being a him, mostly digging a huge pile of dirt over the whole issue for now And sometimes feel small twinges of anticipation into who he is, what he will look like and so on, but mostly quite detached, sadly.. I´m bringing another member into the family, but not MY longed for daughter. That shows really the basics for me in this: this is for my family, not for me..
    Otherwise, boss was really terrible about me being away, saying things like you´ll work less when you have 3 children, as all women I know have psycological problems if they don´t and so on!!! I couldn't believe my own ears when he was speaking to me and tried my best to keep my happy business face on.. Sod him, maby I´ll get back at him sooner than planned with my DD next year That´ll show him

DH is away for the week trekking in the mountains as he is between jobs on quarantine, so enjoying himself with the dogs, I persuaded him to go as I don´t think he´ll get a chance like this in the near future

Anyway, glad to see all our little ones are still in there! Sorry to hear about grandparents..

Mathilde

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the well-wishes regarding our house move ladies. This is our penultimate night in this house, or rather it would be for me if my stupid restless legs would let me sleep! I've been on my feet all day sorting out the ironing & packing etc. I can't wait to get settled into our new house. It's a 4 bed detached which is a lot bigger than we have now - a 3 bed semi. Our two are very insistent on sharing a room though, so we'll have the fourth bedroom as a play/school room. They've always shared & love it.

Is anyone else noticing changes within themselves? My milk is in & I have itchy nipples! I just feel like my boobs have started to grow again & what with mild period pains & B/Hicks my body is beginning to prepare. I'm doing an awful lot of walking & keeping very active, so I hope it'll go in my favour.

My thoughts are with you ladies who are going through tough times with much-loved relatives just now. It must be so hard & coupled with pregnancy hormones even more emotionally-charged. I hope you have the support you need irl, even though we're here to listen too.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bunnywabbit, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I admire you for sticking with this thread full of pregnant ladies! I hope that I'm not making it worse by offering this anecdotal story, but it has a very happy ending. My cousin conceived 3 times over a couple of years & m/c around 10/11 weeks with each pregnancy. She & her DH went for all the tests & they all came back as unexplained infertility. She scaled things back at work a bit, went for accupuncture & last Dec gave birth to her perfect little boy. She certainly walked a hard road before he came to bless them all.

Don't give up hope, it'll happen & when it does you'll have the best present ever! Thinking of you x x

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    Thanks for the well-wishes regarding our house move ladies. This is our penultimate night in this house, or rather it would be for me if my stupid restless legs would let me sleep! I've been on my feet all day sorting out the ironing & packing etc. I can't wait to get settled into our new house. It's a 4 bed detached which is a lot bigger than we have now - a 3 bed semi. Our two are very insistent on sharing a room though, so we'll have the fourth bedroom as a play/school room. They've always shared & love it.

Is anyone else noticing changes within themselves? My milk is in & I have itchy nipples! I just feel like my boobs have started to grow again & what with mild period pains & B/Hicks my body is beginning to prepare. I'm doing an awful lot of walking & keeping very active, so I hope it'll go in my favour.

My thoughts are with you ladies who are going through tough times with much-loved relatives just now. It must be so hard & coupled with pregnancy hormones even more emotionally-charged. I hope you have the support you need irl, even though we're here to listen too.

The house sounds amazing hon, I bet you can't wait!!

HOW on earth did you get your boys to share? What age did you start them sharing? I have tried on numerous occasions, when ds1 was 2.5 & ds2 6 months, when ds1 was 3.5 and ds2 was 18 months, and recently when ds1 turned 4 and ds2 turned 2. Each and every time it doesnt work despite me giving it a good 4-5 nights (of hell) before quitting. They sleep through in their own rooms unless sick, and ds1 gets up to go to the toilet 1-2 times a night. The most recent issue was two fold. One, ds2 won't stop getting up and annoying ds1. Two, ds1 wakes ds2 by accident when he gets up to go to the toilet. They were up until 10.30pm each night when we tried to get them to share, and woke every few hours in addition to that. Where usually they settle in their own rooms at 7pm fairly fast, dont get up or be naughty and sleep through.

So our next baby is going to have to sleep in a very very small study that used to be a laundry room, right near our bedroom. If I can't get the boys to share by Feb!

Mathilde I'm sorry you are having a rough time, I have no advice thats useful because obviously my situation is different right now, I hope the thread for ttc pink swayers having boys is of help to you. Big hugs.
    DS1 2009, DS2 2011.
    Due early Feb 2014, it's a GIRL!

TTC 18months. 4 chemicals. BFP 3rd month on Clomid.

My Ovulation Chart

My Pink Sway

My Nub Shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by meeks32 View Post
    The house sounds amazing hon, I bet you can't wait!!

HOW on earth did you get your boys to share? What age did you start them sharing? I have tried on numerous occasions, when ds1 was 2.5 & ds2 6 months, when ds1 was 3.5 and ds2 was 18 months, and recently when ds1 turned 4 and ds2 turned 2. Each and every time it doesnt work despite me giving it a good 4-5 nights (of hell) before quitting. They sleep through in their own rooms unless sick, and ds1 gets up to go to the toilet 1-2 times a night. The most recent issue was two fold. One, ds2 won't stop getting up and annoying ds1. Two, ds1 wakes ds2 by accident when he gets up to go to the toilet. They were up until 10.30pm each night when we tried to get them to share, and woke every few hours in addition to that. Where usually they settle in their own rooms at 7pm fairly fast, dont get up or be naughty and sleep through.

So our next baby is going to have to sleep in a very very small study that used to be a laundry room, right near our bedroom. If I can't get the boys to share by Feb!
    Thanks Meeks. It sounds as if you've had a rough time trying to get the boys to share. Would putting ds2 in with the baby be an option at all? I don't really remember exactly when we put ours in together. I guess ds2 was around 4-5 months old & ds1 would've been 2 & quarter. We had no choice as we were in a 2 bed rented house briefly as we'd just moved to the area & were looking for a house to buy.

I already had ds1 on a bedtime routine & ds2 just seemed to slot right in too. They've never woken each other up through the night on a regular basis only very ocasionally if one wakes for a wee the other may wake too. When we moved here it just seemed right to keep them together really. In fact they can't sleep without one another. Ds1 has recently started Beavers & ds2 is too young to go. He's at such a loss for that hour & to watch them give each other a big hug & kiss before is so sweet. The only problem is I cannot get ds2 to go to bed at their usual time of 7.15pm as ds1 isn't there to go with him. Also we've had to collect ds1 some weeks when DH was working, leaving ds2 exhausted the next day.

When viewing the new house we asked them if they wanted their own rooms & they looked at us in horror & said 'no way!' I can see this one wanting to be in with them too at some point!

Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast