Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    It's the glucose test girlie. Beh.. I have never done well with them. Worst was my DD2 though. I puked and had to drink another one for them to count it

Good luck magical!
    I puked just after they took my. Mood this time, thank goodness! I can't imagine having to take the test twice. Hope you passed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    I had my 20 week scan last week, it confirmed we are having a boy. I was still holding on to the crazy notion that the harmony test was wrong but alas no. I found the scan difficult but baby is healthy so that is great. I did not cry or anything and in fact it could of been worse, however, my dh was upset afterwards. He expected as soon as I saw the baby I would just fall in love with it and was bitterly disappointmented that it did nor happen. In some ways for my part I was not as upset as I thought I would be and I did think he was unbelievably cute sucking his thumb, to me it was progress and hope that I will get over this blasted gd but interestingly it was not enough for my dh! We never really discussed gd before as I suppose it was much milder with my other two. To me it's going to be on going process were at time I feel fine about it and other times sad.

Anyway here is a photo of the wee man sucking his thumb! Attachment 34433
    Just curious, does your gender disappointment mostly come from you wanting a sister for your daughter or did you just not plan on having any boys, let alone 3?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lindz View Post
    Just curious, does your gender disappointment mostly come from you wanting a sister for your daughter or did you just not plan on having any boys, let alone 3?

Good question, I always wanted a dd, my aunt has 5 boys and always wanted a dd and became a very bitter person in part because she never had a dd. My mum and her were very close until my mum had me, am 10 months younger than her youngest son. When I was born she bought me a blue dress and said to my mum I will never buy her anything pink. Bizarrely am close to this aunt. Anyway, I was always terrified of never having a dd, but on my husbands side it's all boys no girls and on my side it's all boys as well so I just assumed I would have boys but was desperate for a girl. When I found out with my first she was a girl it was amazing. I then assumed I would have a second as most people I know have two of the same gender. At my scan with ds1 20 weeks I was told he was a girl and all my dreams had come true, I never had a sister and really wanted it for dd. I so invested in this idea and then was crushed at 36 weeks when I saw myself he was a boy. But I kicked the can down the road and we agreed to try again, must get a girl surely? Nope another boy. This was my last chance to give dd a sister. Been reflecting on my gd and I suppose it's in part a desire to recreate the experience I had with dd, which was so perfect ( I realise now it never would) and because dd is become more independent and needs me less and wanting to recreate that mother daughter bond with another girl. Does that make sense?

4. Likes Pink2016 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girlie, it makes sense. It also reads that you feel at least on a subconscious level you didnt soak up every moment with her like you feel you would have if you knew for sure she was going to be your last and only girl. We can only do the best we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time though, hopefully one day you wont beat yourself up over it anymore. Maybe your daughter will have a daughter of her own, think of how special that may feel for you? she may not get a sister, but then there is always the possibility of a 3 generation bond between you and your daughter and hers if she has one. The dream may change, but it 100% doesnt need to die. I am thinking you will get lots of grandaughters from your sons or at least one very special one from your daughter. By then we will probably not talk anymore as this site may or may not exist let alone if life gets too busy to come on..but know i will hope that for you for the rest of my time.

btw for someone like your aunt who wanted a daughter so much, surely your birth was painful at first which is probably why she said what she said to your mom...but look at how that turned out. You said you are close, and i am sure in part its because a niece in alot of ways CAN be like a daughter she could see herself or your mom or both inside of you i am sure.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    Good question, I always wanted a dd, my aunt has 5 boys and always wanted a dd and became a very bitter person in part because she never had a dd. My mum and her were very close until my mum had me, am 10 months younger than her youngest son. When I was born she bought me a blue dress and said to my mum I will never buy her anything pink. Bizarrely am close to this aunt. Anyway, I was always terrified of never having a dd, but on my husbands side it's all boys no girls and on my side it's all boys as well so I just assumed I would have boys but was desperate for a girl. When I found out with my first she was a girl it was amazing. I then assumed I would have a second as most people I know have two of the same gender. At my scan with ds1 20 weeks I was told he was a girl and all my dreams had come true, I never had a sister and really wanted it for dd. I so invested in this idea and then was crushed at 36 weeks when I saw myself he was a boy. But I kicked the can down the road and we agreed to try again, must get a girl surely? Nope another boy. This was my last chance to give dd a sister. Been reflecting on my gd and I suppose it's in part a desire to recreate the experience I had with dd, which was so perfect ( I realise now it never would) and because dd is become more independent and needs me less and wanting to recreate that mother daughter bond with another girl. Does that make sense?
    Thanks for answering. Makes total sense. I was a little sad my first was a boy, but held onto the belief that my second and third could be girls. I have a twin sister and I love our sister bond. That's what I wanted for my own family. Now I'm just hoping my third will be a girl, but it doesn't stop me from being bummed that she'll never have the experience of growing up with a sister. Hopefully your daughter has/will have a best friend that will be like a sister to her, and she will enjoy growing up with her brothers. My friend had 4 younger brothers(she was the only girl), and now she's having her second boy. She's so excited about it. I love that she is able to have no GD despite being surrounded by boys her whole life.

Maybe a part of the bond and experience you have with your daughter comes from her being your first born? It's just so special to have the one on one time with them. I don't blame you for wanting a new little girl to be attached to you with the first one growing up so fast. I'm sorry this couldn't be your second girl. Third time should always be a charm :/

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    Girlie, it makes sense. It also reads that you feel at least on a subconscious level you didnt soak up every moment with her like you feel you would have if you knew for sure she was going to be your last and only girl. We can only do the best we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time though, hopefully one day you wont beat yourself up over it anymore. Maybe your daughter will have a daughter of her own, think of how special that may feel for you? she may not get a sister, but then there is always the possibility of a 3 generation bond between you and your daughter and hers if she has one. The dream may change, but it 100% doesnt need to die. I am thinking you will get lots of grandaughters from your sons or at least one very special one from your daughter. By then we will probably not talk anymore as this site may or may not exist let alone if life gets too busy to come on..but know i will hope that for you for the rest of my time.

btw for someone like your aunt who wanted a daughter so much, surely your birth was painful at first which is probably why she said what she said to your mom...but look at how that turned out. You said you are close, and i am sure in part its because a niece in alot of ways CAN be like a daughter she could see herself or your mom or both inside of you i am sure.
    I am close to this aunt, she was not very nice to be when I was a child and my mum would have explained to me about her situation to try and help me make sense of it. She never did buy me anything pink! But we ended up going to university at the same time, albeit different universities. My aunt is like myself is found of lively debate so it formed a string bond. We were also going through similar experiences at uni with deadlines and therefore had lots in common. My aunt has four grandchildren, two girls and two boys and her first grandchild was a dd. As an adult she buys me lots of girlie gift and when my dd was born she bought her the pinkist dress she could find. My mum and her still have an awful relationship, it just never recovered and then other things happened. They still spend alot of time together but don't get on!

I should add my dd really wants a sister and complains bitterly about having two brothers, I still have not told her she is getting a third, I live in large clothes. Interestingly my dh thinks my dd would not have coped if I had had another girl. I am very close to her and her friend came for a cuddle with me when we were at a play place at the weekend and my dd was so jealous and huffed and was upset, she who knows!

How did your test go?
    I was singing the wheels on the bus with my youngest before bed and when we got to the part of the horn on the bus he grabbed my boob and said honk honk! Two year old are so funny! X

8. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my scan today! We STILL did not get a pic of his junk! Haha. Again, only saw a flash of a moment on a screen what looked like boy parts. It's very different than with my DS 1. We had lots of CLEAR pictures all times of my scans where I could see his Frank and beans practically waving at me. Haha.

No matter, I still have no doubts that this baby is a boy. It's been strong in my intuition from day 1.

I would be FLAMING mad if it somehow was miraculously wrong and was a girl. Yeah. Mad. Because I am learning to be happy that he is a boy and I am injecting him into our future and lives, as a boy. And I wouldn't want to confuse the hell out of my toddler, either.

But, anyways. He's measuring a day early putting him due at May 14th instead of the 15th!

He's folded in half in there !!! Haha!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

10. Likes Magical22 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my 20wk scan on Thursday and beautiful baby boy looks healthy. I was so happy seeing him again!
    my happiness didn't last long though as the next day I was at my in laws when my sis in law came in with her scan pics and after a son they are now expecting a daughter on the exact same day as me.
    I joined in the happy chatter about girls etc, but had to go to the toilet when I could no longer old my emotions in, I spent the whole of yesterday crying and still feel sad today.
    I love my baby boy and am happy that they are happy, I just cant control the feelings I have and how all of hubbys 5 siblings have gotten daughters yet we are expecting our 5th son. my two sils will have daughters a year apart and I know they will get closer and I will watch from afar feeling left out. an seeing a little girl the same age as my son and picturing if that's what our girl would look like just feels unberable atm.
    does anyone have any advice or tips on how I can get passed this jelousy I'm usually a happy bubbly person and hate feeling like I want to cry all the time, even my sister cried when I told her they were having a girl because she knew how I would feel...
    and I know how lucky I am to have so many healthy children when people cant even have 1 child and I am so blessed.
    :

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Samantha Alexandria finally showed her darn face today. Had been struggling the whole pregnancy not seeing her face..she would hide it with hands or placenta...was worried cause they couldnt rule out cleft lip at my 20 week anatomy scan...

Despite my health struggles she is strong and BIG. they wanted to see 2 pounds today at my 28 week mark and instead she is measuring 3 pounds of solid baby. She also measures 29 weeks 1 day, though i just hit 28 weeks today. It is good to know and i feel i can relax just a bit more knowing she is growing well even if they never treat my damn thyroid.

15894840_1423409497724904_7565897047284474638_n.jpg
    15940674_1423409501058237_1125138040878685263_n.jpg
    15965776_1423409494391571_5591058310098763639_n.jpg
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

13. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry All Blue that your SIL is getting a girl. It does seem terribly unfair that it just happens so easy for some people. They really could be a bit more sensitive than to discuss how great having a girl is going to be right their in front of you!

I'm waiting to see what my SIL is having. I'm hoping she gets a girl but I know if I was expecting another boy I would probably want her to have a boy too as I would be jealous.

Burakoam, that is great you finally got to see her face! Does she look like any of your other daughters?

I'm so curious what my bub will look like but I'm going to have to wait another 8ish weeks.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

15. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Likes All*blue*everything, Pink2016 liked this post
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast