Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    Cue the BH! I don't remember them being this damn painful in my other pregnancies, or even earlier in this pregnancy!

Is there any truth to the more pregnancies you have, the more painful the BH are? My OB made me aware of this at my last appointment, but I had mild ones before now. She said that as I approach labor the BH will be more painful than I've experienced and so will the postpartum cramping.

Has anyone else experienced this with 4+ pregnancies? I know I'm no wuss or anything but damn they hurt!! I know they are BH because they go away with exercise, drinking water, etc.

Thanks! Would love some opinions on this!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Yes! It's so a thing. Though mine have always been very very strong. They increase intensity when my uterus is bigger, but the past three pregnancies have been pretty stable on how strong they are at the end of pregnancy.

I have to relax and breathe because they hurt into my back.

2. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannshaff View Post
    So I just have to put this out there because all of you ladies will understand. My SIL just gave birth to a little girl last weekend. So for days I have been bombarded with pics of her. I am very happy for her and DHs family (especially since she had a bad miscarriage before this and was in labor for 40 hours), but it is cutting like a knife. She has a little 3yo boy and now a little girl. I was quite jealous when they found out. But the worst of it was today when my MIL put up a pic of her with the baby. She made a comment that was innocent, but stung quite a bit. She said "after 5 grandsons, it is nice to have a little girl, I am ready for pink and frills." I just started crying after reading that FB comment. It feels like our boys aren't enough. Sorry. Just had to put it out there to people who understand how hurtful those comments can be.
    It does not help that EVERYONE comments that they bet this one is our girl. Even after I assure them that we are most likely having a boy, they are adamant that, nope, this will be a girl. UGH. Some people.
    Oh Shann, I'm so sorry. Those comments, especially by the MIL are so cutting. It's like they are confirming your worse fears of inadequacy. I'm so sorry you are enduring this. I will say, having been in this same situation with my SIL/MIL, the birth and surrounding weeks were the hardest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just have to put this out there because all of you ladies will understand. My SIL just gave birth to a little girl last weekend. So for days I have been bombarded with pics of her. I am very happy for her and DHs family (especially since she had a bad miscarriage before this and was in labor for 40 hours), but it is cutting like a knife. She has a little 3yo boy and now a little girl. I was quite jealous when they found out. But the worst of it was today when my MIL put up a pic of her with the baby. She made a comment that was innocent, but stung quite a bit. She said "after 5 grandsons, it is nice to have a little girl, I am ready for pink and frills." I just started crying after reading that FB comment. It feels like our boys aren't enough. Sorry. Just had to put it out there to people who understand how hurtful those comments can be.
    It does not help that EVERYONE comments that they bet this one is our girl. Even after I assure them that we are most likely having a boy, they are adamant that, nope, this will be a girl. UGH. Some people.
    I'm so sorry you had to see her post and go through that!

I totally get it! My SIL also got a girl then a boy first try both times. It hurts so bad how lucky some people get and I'm over here spending money on iui just to conceive and feeling like I have to sway just to get a boy. Lol and she just get hers so easily. And she got the first boy on this side of the family too.

Totally natural to feel hurt. That would be so hard especially since I would imagine your MIL knows you ache for a girl... I'm surprised she did that. My family has been super thoughtful about my SIL having the first grandson cuz they knew it was hard on me. Not that being excited over the first of one gender is wrong. But sucks for people like us lol.

❤️❤️

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

5. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due Sept/Oct/Nov 2017 (6)

This hit a cord with me. I've posted somewhere else on here that my husband's side has three sons, and now three grandson's. My SIL and I are practically gearing up to have another kid at the same time. She desperately wants a girl as bad as I do. I'm super nervous she's going to have the first girl in two generations and my kid will be completely irrelevant.
    It's such a hard feeling to have because I feel like I should (and AM) be grateful for what I have and get, but I just don't want all the fanfare that would come with her having a girl first.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shann I'm so sorry people are can be inconsiderate without even trying. I wonder if there is a way you can let her know that you know that she didn't mean any ill will by what she said but it did hurt your feelings.

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I usually visit the site at work but lately every time I get on here my computer crashes so I don't want to raise any red flags at work and I really don't care for the app. I went to the doctor last week and asked about if he would still do the VBAC but of course he started back tracking saying that it probably isn't safe yada yada yada so more than likely I will be having my 3rd c-section but I'm kind of over it at this point. I'm not going to try to find another doctor I feel like its too late in the game for all of that.

How is everyone else doing?
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are a couple of things I've made for him: 2 cocoons (I think the brown is too small and the red one is too big, but it will be ok), 2 blankets, and one outfit. I still have a lot I want to make before he gets here so I need to get started lol.
    FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

9. Likes Nann3r, XXforhubby, Wantanother2017 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awe, I wish I was as crafty as you! It would be so fun to make cute things for the baby and kids!

That's a bummer your doctor is back tracking on a VBAC for you. I would bring it up again and say it's important to you and see what he says.

AFM- I'm getting lots of practice contractions, but she hasn't engaged yet so I'm not paying them much attention. I have a feeling when she does, the placenta may not stretch that far. It's literally at the upper most part of my uterus. It's SO uncomfortable for me and her! I have a feeling when she engages it will be go time pretty quickly! We are pretty excited to meet our sweet baby!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

11. Likes Pink Pony, ahorn586, Birthfree liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How's everyone doing?!! We are all so so close!!!

Daughter of the King
    Wife of a Resident
    Momma to two beautiful girls
    Health coach and personal trainer
    Praying for a son
    Baby #3 due Oct 2017

13. Likes ahorn586, XXforhubby liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really struggling with intense, sharp SI joint pain in my back on one side. I can barely walk at times. But otherwise ok, everything seems healthy and no swelling and all that yet. Even though I'm dying a slow death with this pain, I really want to make it to the due date!

15. Thanks mummylove thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my 37 week appt!

They finally explained last week's ultrasound and fluid levels!

My fluid was at 7cm as of last week. So I have a follow up next week on Wednesday. So if it drops below 5, they will induce!!!!

I could be meeting my surprise team green baby next week holy moly!!!! Otherwise I feel great and baby is a mover!

Belly measures 36 weeks so it's about a week behind, but she said that could be due to the low fluid!

Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

17. Likes Wantanother2017, Jconger liked this post
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast